St. Louis ACC Top OT

Advertisement
What a difference a week makes. Congrats to him.

Advertisement
So is there no way he could play at left tackle? It seems like we have a ton of guys for RT but no one properly suited for LT

Advertisement
It all goes hand in hand. The line protected better but Kaaya was more decisive and got the ball out quicker. However there's still major work to be done as far as run blocking goes. At any rate I would love to see a starting five gel on the line for the last few games since most of them are coming back next year.

If he can develop into a LT in time for next season that would be yuge.

Good to see. We want all of these guy to be great right away but it takes time. He took on the Sack and TFL leader and shut him down. Great to see going into next year!

[]_[] swag;2696346 said:
So is there no way he could play at left tackle? It seems like we have a ton of guys for RT but no one properly suited for LT

Jesus, lets see if the kid can have a second good game first.

Advertisement
Apparently that Pitt D line had two beasts on it. Ironically this was the best game of the season for the OL.

I know the one DL was injured during the game, but did the line really play that much better or did Kaaya exposing the DB's make them look that much better?

Apparently that Pitt D line had two beasts on it. Ironically this was the best game of the season for the OL.

I know the one DL was injured during the game, but did the line really play that much better or did Kaaya exposing the DB's make them look that much better?

Yes.

Not saying he's Bryant McKinnie or even Ereck Flowers, but the kid is a true sophomore and didn't play a lick last year. I think he's going to be a fairly solid ACC starting RT moving forward.

Advertisement
I think the problem was people like me and others had HIGH hopes for him out of IMG and thought he would be instant impact. I saw him in 3 games in HS and he looked like a potential monster at RT or LT. Theres a reason that UF was desperately trying to flip him. If he can keep this up and build on this he will be All ACC level by next year. He has all the tools. (size, long arms, good feet, mean streak)

I think the problem was people like me and others had HIGH hopes for him out of IMG and thought he would be instant impact. I saw him in 3 games in HS and he looked like a potential monster at RT or LT. Theres a reason that UF was desperately trying to flip him. If he can keep this up and build on this he will be All ACC level by next year. He has all the tools. (size, long arms, good feet, mean streak)

You should know better than to expect immediate stud production out of a high school OT. Anytime you have a kid come in as a true freshman and make an instant impact at tackle you should understand that it was a rare outlier...not the norm. Let this kid develop.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back