ST #21 to be retired by WFT

Advertisement
We should retire the 26 for good at the U
I can understand #26 because of his untimely passing in the prime of his playing career..

but if we started retiring all the #s of the Canes greats of similar caliber while at Miami, there would be too many #s to retire..

I also would hate that Gurvan Hall was the last person to wear the #...

Nice!!!
The Beast Sport GIF by UFC

Advertisement
I can understand #26 because of his untimely passing in the prime of his playing career..

but if we started retiring all the #s of the Canes greats of similar caliber while at Miami, there would be too many #s to retire..

I also would hate that Gurvan Hall was the last person to wear the #...

Best argument I have heard for not retiring a number in a long while. You've convinced me.

What took so long?

Sidenote: #26 needs to be a special number here. If your going to wear it, accept the responsibility that comes with that number at UM.

Advertisement
The timing on this is more than suspect. You don't announce this only 4 days prior even if you try to claim Sean's family knew earlier. Leave it to Danny Snyder to taint something that should've happened a long time ago.

We should retire the 26 for good at the U
💯

Or at the very least reserve it for 3rd and 4th year players who have proven themselves worthy of wearing #26 (and a few other numbers like #52, #6, #5, #20, #11, #47, #88, and #12, just to name a few).

Advertisement
Agree. Make it like the 7 at LSU or the 44 at cuse. No scrubs

Honestly, I agree but if we started doing that, where does it end? We have a very rich history. I'd love to see us do away with the double single numbers and flat out let players choose their number based on performance. If you want a single digit, ball for it!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back