Spring Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Rose would have been awesome. If I had to pick him or Malone I would have taken him

But we got some elite speed at WR and some freakish potential on the DL in the last two days

Really excited about this off-season

I think we will come a lot closer to plugging holes than some posters have been giving us credit for.

A healthy Harrell would be a pretty amazing stroke of luck, and I think we will get Kirk too (and only a week ago, we would have been happy with "just" Kirk).

And with some added weight and added coaching, I think Campbell is going to be a very pleasant surprise. Think about this, another Louisiana state-school kid (Amos) was one of the most highly sought guys in this spring Portal cycle, so I'm not writing off Campbell just because of where he is coming from.

Would be nice to get one more body at DT, but I think that we might be leaning on Moten here.

Just add Andre Sam & Shemar Kirk & we absolutely killed it this Portal season.

Would’ve loved to get Keivie Rose, but either way, we pretty much hit every area of need.

I’d still take Kamari Stephens if there’s any interest, but I doubt it.

Oh boy what are people here going to complain about this summer?

damian lewis axe GIF by Billions

I think we will come a lot closer to plugging holes than some posters have been giving us credit for.

A healthy Harrell would be a pretty amazing stroke of luck, and I think we will get Kirk too (and just a week ago, we would have been happy with just Kirk).

And with some added weight and added coaching, I think Campbell is going to be a very pleasant surprise. Think about this, another Louisiana state-school kid (Amos) was one of the most highly sought guys in this spring Portal cycle, so I'm not writing off Campbell just because of where he is coming from.

Would be nice to get one more body at DT, but I think that we might be leaning on Moten here.
Harrell is really exciting to me. If it’s one inexplicable thing that’s been missing from Miami over the years it’s been elite speed. You’ve gotta really try hard to not land speed here on both sides of the ball.

Mario’s recruiting class is stacked with size and speed so we are righting the ship so to speak.

We really bulked up the trenches but the speed on both sides of the ball is going to be exciting.

I’m ready for my Kool-Aid sir.

Advertisement
Harrell is really exciting to me. If it’s one inexplicable thing that’s been missing from Miami over the years it’s been elite speed. You’ve gotta really try hard to not land speed here on both sides of the ball.

Mario’s recruiting class is stacked with size and speed so we are righting the ship so to speak.

We really bulked up the trenches but the speed on both sides of the ball is going to be exciting.

I’m ready for my Kool-Aid sir.

Yeah, the (lack of) speed thing has been killing me. We'd semi-occasionally get it (Wiggins) and then there would be problems (Wiggins dropping the ball repeatedly).

And we need enough guys with speed to make the other team pay. Right now, I feel like "if Brashard is in, look for the end-around", there's usually only one "speed" guy on the field at one time. You need multiple, and then the defense can't key on the ONE fast guy.

I still remember ******* up the Schwartz recruitment. He may not be a Hall-of-Famer, but he would have brought that speed dimension to our offense.

Going 5-7 last year. Recruiting we can put to bed cuz no one’s gonna outwork Mario but we need to put a better product on the field this year. If we do, I feel good about where we are heading!
100%

We don’t need to win 10 games next year we just need to show we are moving in the right direction

Silver lining of 5-7 I guess should be an easy sell haha

Advertisement
Yeah, the (lack of) speed thing has been killing me. We'd semi-occasionally get it (Wiggins) and then there would be problems (Wiggins dropping the ball repeatedly).

And we need enough guys with speed to make the other team pay. Right now, I feel like "if Brashard is in, look for the end-around", there's usually only one "speed" guy on the field at one time. You need multiple, and then the defense can't key on the ONE fast guy.

I still remember ******* up the Schwartz recruitment. He may not be a Hall-of-Famer, but he would have brought that speed dimension to our offense.
Absolutely my man. Schwartz is a nice example of a bigger problem. How many electric playmakers have the coaches and gurus here begged us to recruit only to watch them go elsewhere and light it up?

And these aren’t diamonds in the rough. These were guys that were just flat out productive in the toughest football area in the nation.

Well now I’m just ****ing myself off so I’m gonna stop 🤣

The lack of speed has been one of the great mysteries. Kudos to Mario & staff for attempting to address. We’ve also lacked size & athletic dudes on the OL for far too long. Nice seeing something done about both.

Advertisement
Advertisement
In case you're wondering about potential grad-transfer/departures:

Not sure why he wasn’t on that list, but my daughter graduated Friday and in her grouping was Jakai Clark also. And funny enough the Cavinder twins, who I think I heard got booed (lightly) and mugged for photos the moment they got their diploma, in the back area, before bailing on the event while everyone else was still seated for the remainder of the ceremony.

Not sure why he wasn’t on that list, but my daughter graduated Friday and in her grouping was Jakai Clark also. And funny enough the Cavinder twins, who I think I heard got booed (lightly) and mugged for photos the moment they got their diploma, in the back area, before bailing on the event while everyone else was still seated for the remainder of the ceremony.
Why would they get booed? Thats classless to do at a graduation.

Who ever Booed them can eat Sh*t....They represented UM in a very positive light, with much exuberance. Haters gonna Hate...

Advertisement
Back