Spring Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Yeah, but let's be honest Auburn sucked last year.

Freeze is taking flyers on portals kids trying to find something that works this season.

Just because Auburn is in the SEC doesn't mean squat to me. They played a power 5 team from Big 10 and got destroyed at home 41-12.

I don't think he is as good as Mauigoa or Wes, but yes would have liked the depth.

Nobody is recruiting YOU. Not every Portal guy gives a **** about "sucked last year". I've already posted the records of the Top 26 Portal classes (thus far) and over half of the schools had near-.500 records or lower last year.

It's Auburn. They're in the SEC. They won a title in these kids' lifetime. Freeze just took over a year ago, and he made LIBERTY into something. I don't care if that would mean "squat to you", but it means something to these kids.

The point is, a guy that "Miami fans" were saying was overrated and bound to play a minor role on the team, just got crystal-balled to a good SEC program, with a coach who's been in the SEC before. If you think Freeze is just taking flyers on guys, you're entitled to your opinion, but he has a good eye for non-blue-chip talent, even if you just look at what he did at Liberty.

And I can't stand Freeze. But I can acknowledge that he knows what he's doing.

Advertisement
Yeah, but let's be honest Auburn sucked last year.

Freeze is taking flyers on portals kids trying to find something that works this season.

Just because Auburn is in the SEC doesn't mean squat to me. They played a power 5 team from Big 10 and got destroyed at home 41-12.

I don't think he is as good as Mauigoa or Wes, but yes would have liked the depth.
The Iceman will retire Nicky The Traitor.

Advertisement

I think I do

7llrj3.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
watching that clip let me know he doesnt fit in down here in south florida.

Not with that outfit..them St Francis of Assisssi slides n them Dee Wiggins legs. Arkansas more his speed.
Yeah, it’s too bad he doesn’t fit in down in Miami. We could use him. Hope we get the other guys we’re working like Campbell and Malone if he’s still out there.

I'm not going to jump on these DT guys or the staff for their decisions not to choose Miami. These guys would be coming in as role players. Perhaps they were looking for and will have bigger roles at the schools they selected.

One more DL body would be nice, but it's not the end of the world. People forget we have a couple of young DTs in the group. Before the portal, teams relied on young inexperienced players to have a role. They have to play at some point to gain experience. I'm looking for Moten to get snaps this season.

You have Harrison-Hunte, Taylor, Lichtenstein, Deen, and Gore. Along with Moten, that makes 6 in the DT rotation. Taylor needs to play to his potential and take up 75% of the snaps at his position. Mesidor can move inside as well when needed.

The bigger concern is 2024 when we lose a bunch of these seniors. We need a big DT 2024 class and 3-4 DTs from the Portal.

Horton
I'm not going to jump on these DT guys or the staff for their decisions not to choose Miami. These guys would be coming in as role players. Perhaps they were looking for and will have bigger roles at the schools they selected.

One more DL body would be nice, but it's not the end of the world. People forget we have a couple of young DTs in the group. Before the portal, teams relied on young inexperienced players to have a role. They have to play at some point to gain experience. I'm looking for Moten to get snaps this season.

You have Harrison-Hunte, Taylor, Lichtenstein, Deen, and Gore. Along with Moten, that makes 6 in the DT rotation. Taylor needs to play to his potential and take up 75% of the snaps at his position. Mesidor can move inside as well when needed.

The bigger concern is 2024 when we lose a bunch of these seniors. We need a big DT 2024 class and 3-4 DTs from the Portal.
Campbell,Moten and Horton will be returning. I'm hearing we are trying to sign 4 from hs. Maybe 1-2 from the Portal

Advertisement
Back