Spring Transfer Portal

I don’t think he’s ever going to win the SEC during his tenure.

He may make the expanded playoffs because the committee loves nothing more than packing the playoffs with SEC teams, but I think his career at LSU will be almost identical to what it was at Notre Dame, except more losses because he won’t be able to gerrymander the schedule like he could at ND.
Sure but winning 8 games a year is way different than not winning the SEC

Advertisement
I don’t think he’s ever going to win the SEC during his tenure.

He may make the expanded playoffs because the committee loves nothing more than packing the playoffs with SEC teams, but I think his career at LSU will be almost identical to what it was at Notre Dame, except more losses because he won’t be able to gerrymander the schedule like he could at ND.
Agreed. I do think his personality will not mesh well in the bayou, like ghandi said. I just think it will happen maybe by year 3.

Miami is on the market for a running back in the transfer portal and InsideTheU learned of a name that the program has momentum with.

That would be Nebraska transfer Ajay Allen, who left Lincoln after spending one year with the Huskers after signing with Scott Frost as a four-star recruit out of Louisiana. The 5-foot-11, 185-pounder played in four games as a true freshman last fall before suffering a season-ending injury.

In those opportunities, Allen totaled 190 yards and averaged 5.8 yards per carry while finding pay dirt twice. Coming out of Monroe (La.) Neville, Allen held offers from programs like TCU and Mississippi State.

Miami is returning two running backs in Henry Parrish and Don Chaney Jr. from the 2022 season after losing two to the transfer portal. Chaney has suffered through a few injuries since arriving as a prized recruit in the Class of 2020.

The Hurricanes will also add a couple of true freshmen this summer in Mark Fletcher and speedster Christopher Johnson.

Miami has strong ties to The Boot with key recruiting staffer Dennis Smith and defensive coordinator Lance Guidry each from the state.

- Another who Miami has mutual interest with is Houston transfer running back Alton McCaskill, who has been linked to the Colorado and also visited Arizona State. Offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson just came from the Cougars and that has the 6-foot-1, 210-pounder interested in the Hurricanes. As a freshman in 2021, McCaskill totaled 961 yards rushing with 16 scores, earning AAC Rookie of the Year honors from the conference. He missed the 2022 season with a torn ACL.

If we can somehow get McCaskill and 1 of Coleman or the 2 colorado receivers our skill positions on offense will be in a MUCH better place

Advertisement
I laughed and am still laughing at the handful of posters on here that stated because Kelly used a fake Cajun accent he would not fit in down there and would be run out of town quickly.
The guy sucks personally, but he knows how to build a program that’s for sure. Guy has won every place he’s been.

How can Dawson + Beard not be appealing to WRs?

1) Because kids outside of sofla probably have no idea who KB is
2) most kids probably couldn't tell you one thing about Dawson's offense
3) Kids have one year of tape of our offense to develop a bias against us and negative recruiting Mario's offenses is too easy. Perception is reality and it's going to take a big year on offense to BEGIN to change that perception.

Advertisement

Get him to travel south a lil further Mario

Bag check, then LSU gets a chance to match.

The game within the game too, as these two play in a couple months. I trust the Bayou bags to win out, even if they have to overpay. They’re the favorites to win the SEC West imo, and will keep building their monster.

Guess it's makes sense so we do not have to see flagg or Keyontra in the two deep
Video gif. Man sitting in office chair points and calmly says Bingo.

I laughed and am still laughing at the handful of posters on here that stated because Kelly used a fake Cajun accent he would not fit in down there and would be run out of town quickly.

To be clear...

I don't think Kelly will be "run out of town quickly".

But I think that he is not endearing himself to the locals and the LSU boosters, and if the caca hits the fan, he will be very lonely.

To use another extreme, Ed Orgeron was, pretty much, "run out of town". And NOBODY would argue that Ed wasn't an authentic Cajun. And Ed won a National Championship. And even those distinctions...didn't spare him from being fired.

Now, I'm not saying that Kelly has done, or would do, anything that Ed did. And Kelly is a good coach, though he has yet to deliver a lot of meaningful (i.e., non bowl game) tropies to his employers.

So if Kelly doesn't deliver...or doesn't deliver fast enough...I'd be willing to bet that his "fake Cajun accent" will not buy him any additional time or leeway.

I'd be more worried about the way he recruits players. If his players detect "bull****" or they don't win enough, there's always the Portal to get the **** out of Baton Rouge.

half of the good player sin houston are from........NEW ORLEANS.

Perkins is a katrina kid ..fam moved from new orleans to houston after the storm.

YeaLSU is perfectly situated to collect la, Miss, Texas kids and be in play for FLA kids as well
FACTS!!!

Advertisement
There are plenty of good coaches who don't have rings. I'd be willing to bet Kelly never will.
True. If he ever wins one, it will be at LSU. Too much support and money in that state, and in it's program to not compete at the highest levels. He's a good coach, and he will get enough top end recruits there to win a natty, there. It's up to him how he decides to play them.

Advertisement
To be clear...

I don't think Kelly will be "run out of town quickly".

But I think that he is not endearing himself to the locals and the LSU boosters, and if the caca hits the fan, he will be very lonely.

To use another extreme, Ed Orgeron was, pretty much, "run out of town". And NOBODY would argue that Ed wasn't an authentic Cajun. And Ed won a National Championship. And even those distinctions...didn't spare him from being fired.

Now, I'm not saying that Kelly has done, or would do, anything that Ed did. And Kelly is a good coach, though he has yet to deliver a lot of meaningful (i.e., non bowl game) tropies to his employers.

So if Kelly doesn't deliver...or doesn't deliver fast enough...I'd be willing to bet that his "fake Cajun accent" will not buy him any additional time or leeway.

I'd be more worried about the way he recruits players. If his players detect "bull****" or they don't win enough, there's always the Portal to get the **** out of Baton Rouge.

Despite Kelly's fake ascent and his lack of concern over putting a person in a dangerous position that resulted in their death. He's a **** of coach and has won everywhere he's been. He took a pretty dysfunctional 6-7 LSU and turned them completely around to 10-4 and a complete *** whipping of Purdue in their bowl game. They're probably the favorites in the SEC West.

Advertisement
Back