Spring Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
Of the kids ranked as 5-stars or 4-stars in Louisiana in the 2022 class (a transition class, granted, but Kelly had a lot of hype, was hired early, and had a top 12 class, and other first year coaches got him, like Mario snatching Citizen), LSU only landed 5 of 20 of them, including only 2 of the top 5 and 4 of the top 10.

Some notable LA 3-stars they also offered and recruited but didn't sign were:

Trevor Etienne (signed with UF over LSU, CLEM, TAMU, PSU)
Danny Lewis (signed with BAMA over LSU, UF)
Shone Washington (signed with UGA over LSU, BAMA, UF)
Amorion Walker (signed with Michigan over LSU, ND, BAMA)

There are more, but I tried to keep it to kids that signed with elite programs on LSU's level.

In 2023, Kelly's bump class off a season where they won the SEC West, in a weak, top-heavy class in-state, of the kids ranked as 5-stars or 4-stars in Louisiana, LSU landed 7 of 17 of them, but only 2 of the top 8 and 4 of the top 10, and they lost both of the elite in-state QBs. So most of the truly elite kids got away (the 2 of 8 is a wild stat, see pic).

View attachment 237252

There isn't a single school in American that "locks up its state" anymore, including BAMA, UGA, TEX, and USC, except maybe Ohio State, and they've been having their issues too here and there.

The state line thing is become less and less valid ever year. The world is shrinking. It's wild.
Naw believe me if its one state where they lock sh-t up its Louisiana and Lsu.

That was an anomaly.

Lsu can offer kids the day of esd kid has his hat and suit picked out and land the kid off of a phone call.

He's a good coach, but I don't really think he's a championship coach. It's not impossible that he could catch lightning in a bottle like Ed O, Jimbo and Mack, but he's no Nick, Dabo, or Kirby.

I'd be willing to say Mario has a better chance than Kelly, and I'm not sure about Mario yet.
Hes a better coach than Kirby im willing to bet that 1.

Advertisement
Naw believe me if its one state where they lock sh-t up its Louisiana and Lsu.

That was an anomaly.

Lsu can offer kids the day of esd kid has his hat and suit picked out and land the kid off of a phone call.
They didnt get Landon Collins even when the mom was a dogged LSU fan.

Advertisement
What would you say Miami is?
Miami's program is in a Rebirth, where a once dominant program was so filled with rot, that it had to be dismantled from the top, to the bottom...and then reconstructed in a way, to finally have a solid foundation. It's gonna take some time to build, but I believe it will happen. Right now, we're learning how to do things, the correct way.

I don't think this is necessarily true; Kelly banged heads with the ND administration on a lot of items related to player benefits. The admin had a take that the players should be treated more like regular students while Kelly wanted them to get additional perks to put ND on par with other schools. One example was that he had been asking for years for the players to get better food with a chef dedicated to the football team to focus on nutrition and use it as a recruiting perk, but the administration rebuked him for years.

He was also trying to get upgraded facilities which the AD admitted were not up to par and yet they still don't (or at least didnt at the time Kelly left) have plans for a new facility.

Also, look at what happened to the new head coach who was out publicly with the OC of Utah and then it fell through b/c ND wouldn't pay the buyout for him (for what it is worth, Freeman claims this isn't true but it was reported by several reputable outlets).

On top of all that - and what is probably the most important - is the ability to get players. Aside from academic qualifications (definitely a factor), he is in a better recruiting area and ND does not have the luster to recruits the same way that it once did.

Now again, I am not arguing that he is a good or bad coach, just that regardless of coach I think LSU gives you a better chance to win than ND.
I’m surprised that Notre Dame does not have some renewed luster -
Kelly had them in the playoffs recently.

He has to want it.
Remind him that Miami has 2023 bathrooms, while FSU has:

1683224834345.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back