Spring Transfer Portal

Advertisement
So he is not a good coach?
He's a good coach, but I don't really think he's a championship coach. It's not impossible that he could catch lightning in a bottle like Ed O, Jimbo and Mack, but he's no Nick, Dabo, or Kirby.

I'd be willing to say Mario has a better chance than Kelly, and I'm not sure about Mario yet.

Advertisement
He's a good coach, but I don't really think he's a championship coach. It's not impossible that he could catch lightning in a bottle like Ed O, Jimbo and Mack, but he's no Nick, Dabo, or Kirby.

I'd be willing to say Mario has a better chance than Kelly, and I'm not sure about Mario yet.
Yeah I disagree with this. If Kelly had the same exact talent level as Kirby I think Kelly can absolutely beat him. He already beat Saban last season.

He won back to back D-2 championships. He went undefeated at Cincinnati 12-0, and took them to back to back NY6 bowls. He took Notre Dame to the playoffs, and he played for a National Title at Notre Dame.

In his first season at LSU, he played for he SEC championship.

Yeah I disagree with this. If Kelly had the same exact talent level as Kirby I think Kelly can absolutely beat him. He already beat Saban last season.

He won back to back D-2 championships. He went undefeated at Cincinnati 12-0, and took them to back to back NY6 bowls. He took Notre Dame to the playoffs, and he played for a National Title at Notre Dame.

In his first season at LSU, he played for he SEC championship.
We'll see. I'd bet Lincoln Riley gets a ring before Kelly.

I said nothing about Championship. Simply that he is a good coach. Also Miles and Orgeron won titles there, Orgeron after Bama transistioned to the spread raid. Kelly is as good a coach as either imo, if they continue to recruit like last season im not betting against them winning a title.

Advertisement
Academically it’s definitely easier, but in terms of resources it’s the same.

If BKells lost every big game at Notre Dame he’s less likely to start winning them at LSU.
I don't think this is necessarily true; Kelly banged heads with the ND administration on a lot of items related to player benefits. The admin had a take that the players should be treated more like regular students while Kelly wanted them to get additional perks to put ND on par with other schools. One example was that he had been asking for years for the players to get better food with a chef dedicated to the football team to focus on nutrition and use it as a recruiting perk, but the administration rebuked him for years.

He was also trying to get upgraded facilities which the AD admitted were not up to par and yet they still don't (or at least didnt at the time Kelly left) have plans for a new facility.

Also, look at what happened to the new head coach who was out publicly with the OC of Utah and then it fell through b/c ND wouldn't pay the buyout for him (for what it is worth, Freeman claims this isn't true but it was reported by several reputable outlets).

On top of all that - and what is probably the most important - is the ability to get players. Aside from academic qualifications (definitely a factor), he is in a better recruiting area and ND does not have the luster to recruits the same way that it once did.

Now again, I am not arguing that he is a good or bad coach, just that regardless of coach I think LSU gives you a better chance to win than ND.

Advertisement
I said nothing about Championship. Simply that he is a good coach. Also Miles and Orgeron won titles there, Orgeron after Bama transistioned to the spread raid. Kelly is as good a coach as either imo, if they continue to recruit like last season im not betting against them winning a title.
No, I brought it up. Good doesn't necessarily mean championship good. Gundy is good, he'll neve get a ring either.

Advertisement
How can Dawson + Beard not be appealing to WRs?
Why would Kevin Beard be appealing to a WR? I'd be surprised if many if any kids transferring know who he is. He didn't recruit elite kids at Toledo, hasn't really developed anyone noteworthy, not a household name to any non-Miami fan.

His only pull would be a kid from Dade or Broward that is familiar him that's trying to come home. I'm not familiar with any of those existing in the portal right now.

Not saying he's not a good coach or anything.. but how would anyone know?

Why would Kevin Beard be appealing to a WR? I'd be surprised if many if any kids transferring know who he is. He didn't recruit elite kids at Toledo, hasn't really developed anyone noteworthy, not a household name to any non-Miami fan.

His only pull would be a kid from Dade or Broward that is familiar him that's trying to come home. I'm not familiar with any of those existing in the portal right now.

Not saying he's not a good coach or anything.. but how would anyone know?

That's pretty much on the nose. One of the reasons I wasn't thrilled he got the job. Oh well.

Advertisement
Back