Spring Transfer Portal

Advertisement
How is Mario so ****** at showing these portal kids they can come here and ball it’s frustrating to say the least

Advertisement
That’s not entirely true. He can get OLs to come here. He can’t get the WRs right now though for obvious reasons.

Exactly. The narratives have become insane.

The ONE THING that Mario is best at is recruiting. He didn't suddenly lose his skills or forget how to do it.

We were STILL sitting on the #15 Portal class a few days ago with zero spring Portal commits, which means our December-January Portal commits were pretty good.

People can still **** and moan that we don't have ENOUGH Portal transfers, or that there are still areas to address, but Mario is bringing in talent. And, yes, some fans will scream that we should be taking every risky behavior/culture transfer just because of "talent", but Mario is going to do things his way.

We've had 20 years of poor culture and underachievement. It's time to change that permanently, and if it takes an extra year or two, I'm fine with that. I don't want some "immediate gratification" that will then perpetuate a ****** team culture.

That’s not entirely true. He can get OLs to come here. He can’t get the WRs right now though for obvious reasons.
Really hoping that Dawson can assist in convincing a decent WR upgrade to commit. That kid from UTSA looks like he could put up some stats in Dawson's offense. In 2022 he had 94 receptions for 1136 yards and 15 TD's. Listed at 6'1" has recorded 4.50 times (and slightly less).

Simple. He isn’t guaranteeing **** to rentals and I personally have no problem with that.
Speaking facts and making promises aren't the same. If a player (like Cohen) is wanting in, I don't see the issue in letting him know the staff sees him as an upgrade. The 3 yards and a cloud of dust speeches days are over. Adapt or die.

Advertisement
Really hoping that Dawson can assist in convincing a decent WR upgrade to commit. That kid from UTSA looks like he could put up some stats in Dawson's offense. In 2022 he had 94 receptions for 1136 yards and 15 TD's. Listed at 6'1" has recorded 4.50 times (and slightly less).
They should look at jyaire shorter from north texas since they can’t get the bigger name guys. He is 6’2 215 had 628 yards and 11 tds on only 23 catches last year. Averaged 27.3 yards a catch

Advertisement
I'm sure this has been discussed but I haven't followed every bit of portal discussion. Shouldn't NIL bags be able to reel in something here?
Personally. IMO, I think they’re 100% trying but I don’t think the top guys at WR or close to that want to take the risk in their transfer, especially in a money year based on track record of the HC.

He can clearly recruit other positions over like OL. I think Dawson will need to show otherwise on the field to change the narrative.

Exactly. The narratives have become insane.

The ONE THING that Mario is best at is recruiting. He didn't suddenly lose his skills or forget how to do it.

We were STILL sitting on the #15 Portal class a few days ago with zero spring Portal commits, which means our December-January Portal commits were pretty good.

People can still **** and moan that we don't have ENOUGH Portal transfers, or that there are still areas to address, but Mario is bringing in talent. And, yes, some fans will scream that we should be taking every risky behavior/culture transfer just because of "talent", but Mario is going to do things his way.

We've had 20 years of poor culture and underachievement. It's time to change that permanently, and if it takes an extra year or two, I'm fine with that. I don't want some "immediate gratification" that will then perpetuate a ****** team culture.

At some point it comes down to searing Tank Dells production into a prospects brain and getting someone to bite. This is really our only pitch until a WR steps up on the field. I think we are doing this and selling what we could be. Coleman was retweeting Dells production. But a “could be” vs “we did this” pitch is a tough sell no matter who you are.

If we believe the rumors that FSU had to cough up 400K at the last second in order to keep Farmer (and were reluctant to do so), I doubt they're winning the bag game with Keon Coleman. Just my take though.

I think he winds up at a big dog program.

Advertisement
The formula for WR is tried and true. Work on your craft: running routes, creating separation, high-pointing the ball in the air, and most importantly catching everything in your radius. Hankerson did it, Hurns did it, KJ Osborn did it, and Rambo did it. Not one of those guys were highly rated or physical freaks. You don't have to be Randy Moss to be a very effective and productive college football receiver.

At some point it comes down to searing Tank Dells production into a prospects brain and getting someone to bite. This is really our only pitch until a WR steps up on the field. I think we are doing this and selling what we could be. Coleman was retweeting Dells production. But a “could be” vs “we did this” pitch is a tough sell no matter who you are.

Very fair. Very accurate.

If we believe the rumors that FSU had to cough up 400K at the last second in order to keep Farmer (and were reluctant to do so), I doubt they're winning the bag game with Keon Coleman. Just my take though.

I think he winds up at a big dog program.

Gaytors will offer him $14 million...

Advertisement
Back