Spring Transfer Portal

So Henderson's a Gator and we're all up on the history. Here's an NFL analogy: his speed alone demands a look in the 4th round. What if our NIL offer is more like that for a 6-7th rounder? Does it still make him an ****hole to look for a better bag? Or possibly try to get a little more out of ThriftCane?
His production says UDFA though. He's a take if we're not adding a legit WR1 through the portal simply because we have no proven options and the more competition, the better. if we do sign a legit WR1 we don't really need to add him.

Advertisement
His production says UDFA though. He's a take if we're not adding a legit WR1 through the portal simply because we have no proven options and the more competition, the better. if we do sign a legit WR1 we don't really need to add him.
That's a big 'if', and I pretty much agree with your opinion, though it's funny how the board narrative shifts now that he's courting others. It WAS that he would be a lot better and was held back by erratic qb play. Now we're shifting to the family angle and his lack of production. His speed alone and some increased production can help the overall quality of the room.
Getting WR1 has eluded Mario for 1+ offseasons now. Not holding my breath. Hard to not feel we're being cheap, though my impression may be wrong. And if you decide to increase offers AFTER window closes the threat of attrition is removed. We'll see. Hate the wait...

So Henderson's a Gator and we're all up on the history. Here's an NFL analogy: his speed alone demands a look in the 4th round. What if our NIL offer is more like that for a 6-7th rounder? Does it still make him an ****hole to look for a better bag? Or possibly try to get a little more out of ThriftCane?
What would u have paid Anthony Richardson to come to Miami? He just went 4th overall. That analogy makes no sense. We want production not NFL projection

Advertisement
That's a big 'if', and I pretty much agree with your opinion, though it's funny how the board narrative shifts now that he's courting others. It WAS that he would be a lot better and was held back by erratic qb play. Now we're shifting to the family angle and his lack of production. His speed alone and some increased production can help the overall quality of the room.
Getting WR1 has eluded Mario for 1+ offseasons now. Not holding my breath. Hard to not feel we're being cheap, though my impression may be wrong. And if you decide to increase offers AFTER window closes the threat of attrition is removed. We'll see. Hate the wait...
I'm holding out hope that we can attract a big name WR1because our current OC just had a guy who caught 109 passes and 17 TDs last year. Dawson has proven to be a WR friendly coach. Unlike the last guy who only threw to the outside once or twice a game.

What would u have paid Anthony Richardson to come to Miami? He just went 4th overall. That analogy makes no sense. We want production not NFL projection
It was an example used to compare and illustrate the fact that there's an NIL market for college players. The higher a player is drafted the more money they make. It seems that Henderson is seeking/finding greener ($) pastures.

It was an example used to compare and illustrate the fact that there's an NIL market for college players. The higher a player is drafted the more money they make. It seems that Henderson is seeking/finding greener ($) pastures.
Yeah there is a NIL market of what the team think u can do for them based on multiple factors including what you done so far and what they think u can do in their program and system. If u think u can get more in the NFL fine but aint nobody looking at that in terms of a college NIL.

Advertisement
I'm holding out hope that we can attract a big name WR1because our current OC just had a guy who caught 109 passes and 17 TDs last year. Dawson has proven to be a WR friendly coach. Unlike the last guy who only threw to the outside once or twice a game.

I agree and further feel it should be an "expectation" not just a "hope", which is why I'm not worried. Lashlee followed Enos and was able to get King and Rambo to transfer in. That should be our floor given Mario is 10x the leader that Manny was, and the OL is in much better shape to run deeper routes.

Yeah there is a NIL market of what the team think u can do for them based on multiple factors including what you done so far and what they think u can do in their program and system. If u think u can get more in the NFL fine but aint nobody looking at that in terms of a college NIL.
There are projections by draftnicks available to help fans understand the perceived value of players going into the NFL draft. For example, Player X is perceived as a sure-fire 1st Rd pick. There isn't anything like that available to help fans understand portalers general market value. The point of my analogy was to illustrate that Miami may be underestimating Henderson's general value ($) in the NIL market. His value related largely to his one overriding talent: speed.

That has more to do with the new Coaching staff going with the guy they brought in than just skill or ability.

Casey Thompson is undoubtedly a better QB than Sims.
True but Jeff Simms does have legit physical tools. Big Arm, mobile and legit throw on the run ability. He was also in a terrible situation at Georgia Tech that was transforming from a Paul Johnson offense. I was hoping he would come here as a backup redshirt and be the guy in 2024. Simms is just a terrible decision maker.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Tywone Malone, DT, Ole Miss

The former No. 63 overall prospect in the 2021 class, Malone, after two seasons in Oxford, has emerged as one of the more popular interior DTs in the portal. Malone is expected to take a trip to Ohio State this weekend, per Bucknuts. Another team to watch is Miami. The Hurricanes have been in the mix for Malone since he first entered the portal, and they remain a strong contender. Something to be aware of with Malone is one of his priorities continues to be baseball. The 6-foot-4, 300-pound infielder wants to play both at his next stop.

Ohio State is also hosting San Diego State o-line transfer Josh Simmons and Notre Dame defensive back transfer Lorenzo Styles this weekend.

Trequon Fegans, CB, Alabama

Fegans moved on from Alabama after one season, and he’s had plenty of interest since he entered the transfer portal. Fegans has set up visits to Georgia Tech, UCF, Arizona and USC so far, per a source, and he’s also eying a potential trip to Miami. Fegans ranked as the No. 105 overall player in the 2022 Top247.

Xzavier Henderson, WR, Florida

One of the top available wide receivers in the portal, Henderson finished the 2022 season with 38 catches for 410 yards. A former No. 60 overall player in the country in the 2020 class, the thought, among sources in the industry, is Miami being very aggressive in this process. Henderson is a Miami native, and the Hurricanes are scheduled to host him Tuesday, per InsideTheU. Cincinnati has also been in the mix with Henderson, among others.

Advertisement
Back