Spring Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
Funny enough, Tyrin should probably go to UTSA because he’s actually from Northeast San Antonio
Without watching any tape, he has similar measurables to Tank Dell. I imagine that's a sell we should try to make.

But Tyrin is too similar to the small slot WR we have plenty of (Restrepo, Ray Ray, Robby, Brashard)

Changing Season 9 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Advertisement
I would love to see us get Franklin. Not only because it would give us a legit WR1 but then we can tell Xzavier Henderson to kick rocks.

Side note: Anybody notice that UTSA is essentially a WR feeder school for the P5 at this point? Crazy how they put up ridiculous numbers and score all kinds of points without having a team full of 5 star players.

Franklin has the potential to help us immensely and since most highly-coveted players “know” where they are headed before they officially enter the Portal, I dug a bit this morning to see if there’s any noise. There is some Illinois and Oregon optimism as possible landing spots. Both schools have ex-UTSA coaches on staff.

The good news is that there is nothing that appears definitive nor are there any predictions from mods/insiders…just optimistic banter between fans at this point.

Advertisement
I would love to see us get Franklin. Not only because it would give us a legit WR1 but then we can tell Xzavier Henderson to kick rocks.

Side note: Anybody notice that UTSA is essentially a WR feeder school for the P5 at this point? Crazy how they put up ridiculous numbers and score all kinds of points without having a team full of 5 star players.
Is that a viable proposition long term? Or should UTSA and other schools like them be shunted into a lower tier league, the way that English football is structured.

Advertisement

So Henderson's a Gator and we're all up on the history. Here's an NFL analogy: his speed alone demands a look in the 4th round. What if our NIL offer is more like that for a 6-7th rounder? Does it still make him an ****hole to look for a better bag? Or possibly try to get a little more out of ThriftCane?

So Henderson's a Gator and we're all up on the history. Here's an NFL analogy: his speed alone demands a look in the 4th round. What if our NIL offer is more like that for a 6-7th rounder? Does it still make him an ****hole to look for a better bag? Or possibly try to get a little more out of ThriftCane?
For a third year player, it has to be a mix of payment and development. In the case of the latter, is the team likely to get me into the NFL? In Miami's case, a "free agent" has little to go by because we just switched coordinators and offensive philosophies. It's all theoretical in what Miami is selling.

For a third year player, it has to be a mix of payment and development. In the case of the latter, is the team likely to get me into the NFL? In Miami's case, a "free agent" has little to go by because we just switched coordinators and offensive philosophies. It's all theoretical in what Miami is selling.
Mounting circumstantial evidence that we're holding the line fiscally? Now once the window closes (also for departures) that could change. Wondering if the portal's moving slowly because our NIL offers are low-end competitive? Speculating, but some could still be looking around, and even those 'committed' are subject to vultures swooping in.

Advertisement
Back