Spring Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think you anti-JW guys are being too harsh. Many of us noted while he was being recruited that he was a great football player and elite athlete without a position. I was very positive on the take, but noted he had a high bust potential if coaches/he didn't focus on developing him.

Williams' biggest issue is that he is best closer to the line, but doesn't like to thump. He also freelances too much. I think both of those are teachable. With the right coach, he's absolutely a quality starter. I'm willing to bet Guidry figures him out.
He was a sophomore last year. People act like guys are supposed to be finished products one year in and if they’re not they’re a Jag. It’s ridiculous.

Man played through injuries last year when he didn’t have too and his teammates rave about him. It’s a dumb take. Kam said out of his own mouth, so many times James was covering for other people constantly and fans see him around a bad play and wanna blame him but in reality it wasnt his fault. The tackling issues were inexcusable he has to get better. He had a bum shoulder and now it’s fixed so there are no excuses.

James Williams is literally one good season away from being a first round pick. Bozzo the clown Miami fans think he’s just another guy smdh.

FupyIhuXsAMppRX
I feel bad for some of these guys - the ones forced out. Just because they finished 1-11 doesn’t mean these guys can’t play football. Any number of factors (and I’m not sure what led to that season; Phil Steele thought that they would be improved going into last year off of a 5 win 2021).

Advertisement
Fresh Darrell Jackson update from FSU 247 site ….

“Another slow day. I’m told that Darrell Jackson is indeed contemplating whether he’d want to be at FSU if Josh Farmer does leave. He’s apparently slowed down contact with current FSU teammates since yesterday.

Some of this is coming from not wanting to play here if Farmer isn’t at FSU. Some of it sounds like it’s a source of anxiety re: the eligibility waiver, which he’s still awaiting word on.

The thought from one source close to Jackson is that he’d consider a return to Miami. I have no idea what that would mean for eligibility in 2023 for him, waiver status, etc. Can’t imagine that it’d be favorable for his chances of playing if he were to transfer again, but it’s at least something that he’s weighing from what I understand.

My thoughts: Jackson does seem confused and I believe he has a good deal of people in his ear trying to convince him to go different directions. I think it’ll be simply resolved if Farmer stays and Jackson can remember why he came to FSU to begin with (to be closer to home, closer to a sick parent, and to have a direct support system around him that includes Farmer). We’ll see, I don’t have much of an appetite for predicting what’ll happen with all the twists and turns we’ve seen so far.

On a related note: I’m told that FSU still feels optimistic that it can retain Farmer. That was the word that Zach had last night/early this morning, and it remains the case as we head into the afternoon on Wednesday.”
BRUHHHHH….Only in my dreams and in the twisted recesses of my mind, could something this bad, and unfortunate happen to the noles. If there is a God in a place called Heaven….. PLEASE make this happen! The nole tears would be fuccin epic. The Nole Tears thread would probably shut CIS down for a week.In fact….. to get a jump on a good seat, I’m heading over there…rat now.
1682567110027.gif

Last edited:
Except a few of the guys who left were going to be starters. Deion had an off season program where players had to "earn" their numbers. Only 13 guys on the roster "earned" their number. One of those guys entered the portal yesterday. It's not just guys they don't want around.
you siur are reachiiiiinnng..

cut it out what ****** nil deals those bums deserve?. what nil did they have last szn?.

he lost 1 guy that he likely wanted the wr like you stated.

As previously stated ,ost of these guys are push outs...it shilarious because most of yall here a few short monthsago wanted to flip the roster getting rid of 25+ etc...

And..............here we are after spring likely needing 7-8 more portal kids. lol

Advertisement
Most relevant programs aren't doing much. Sure Alabama and Ohio State have probably done it trying to find a QB. Aside from that, they've stayed away from it.

Georgia isn't tampering, Clemson isn't, ND isn't, Michigan isn't. Even Florida isn't. Kinda tells me that might be the safest path and they know something is going on or is about to come down.

Desperate programs like Colorado, FSU, and USC are doing it the most.

Definitely fair game if you want to debate which path Miami should be taking. We're 100% more comparable to the 2nd bucket of programs than we are the first bucket. Just looks like they're staying clear like most of the blue bloods that typically run the show and the NCAA caters to.
Alabama tampered on 2 kids from colleges in ga just last year in Gibbs and the wr from uga

The JW hate is beyond silly. Dude played hurt all year while others folded. He had 20 tackles with one shoulder last two games. Graded out top 8 in America last year in coverage. Canes are 14-14 since he got to college, tbh we’re lucky he hasn’t left for a different school who would utilize him correctly.
Utilize him correctly ? He wants to play safety he doesn’t want to play box safety or even a hybrid LB even though it’s his best position probably. Also the usage doesn’t change his **** poor tackling. But Guidry should get the best out of him as well as this is his money year so I’m sure he will play his best ball

Advertisement
Proven fact by players and coaches that PFF has no idea what they are looking at when they watch film. And who’s responsibilities are who’s especially in the defensive back field they are the most clueless

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back