Spring Transfer Portal

Hey, Tank Girl, how many Portal guys has Riley landed post-Spring-2023-enrollment?

And, look I realize that your man-crush Lincoln Riley enrolled 11 Portal guys in January to earn the #2 Portal ranking, but Miami signed 8 Portal guys and has a #15 Portal ranking. So let's not pretend that we are that far behind USC.

Are we going to have to change your name to MackUsedTrojan?
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Advertisement
Imagine calling your second or third leading tackler a JAG after he played through half the season injured.

I took that into account as well. But injuries are a part of the game, that comes with it. But as far as his play on the field, he hasn’t raised no **** out there. He’s flashed and made some plays yeah, and that’s it. And playing injured or not his body of work to this point has been jagish. And just like everyone else, I want to see him play yo his potential, but I just don’t see it.

We should probably all hold our tongues until we see what his roster looks like in fall camp. It's not unlikely that he ends up at 77-80 kids that are a lot better than the 85 or so kids CU had a year ago, and then has those 5-8 extra 'ships for ESD in Dec for a big class/more portals. The optics are bad, and I'm enjoying this as much as anyone, but it's early and he pulled the FSU kid today. More coming for sure. Also, **** Deon.

I guarantee he fills the roster. There just aren’t enough high quality portal kids to fill an entire roster with. He’ll get a few I know but the majority will be jags anyway. He’ll raise the floor but at what cost? An entire recruiting class, some already were portal adds. I still think the issue won’t arise until he’s dealing with graduations/eligibility up and roster issues because the classes won’t be spread out. Unless he pulls a miracle and convinced most of his ‘24 class to redshirt

Advertisement
So umm are we getting anybody?
Probably waiting for things to shake out with who enters the portal before committing to anyone unless they are that absolute real deal. There has been way more kids that have entered than have picked a new school so far probably for that reason.

I guarantee he fills the roster. There just aren’t enough high quality portal kids to fill an entire roster with. He’ll get a few I know but the majority will be jags anyway. He’ll raise the floor but at what cost? An entire recruiting class, some already were portal adds. I still think the issue won’t arise until he’s dealing with graduations/eligibility up and roster issues because the classes won’t be spread out. Unless he pulls a miracle and convinced most of his ‘24 class to redshirt
Will be interesting to see how he does as a D1 HC. I wish him well. (NO I DON'T)

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm not going to claim any of these guys are any good, but I think the bar is pretty low to be better than what we have on the roster at a lot of positions.
Well considering that a good chunk of the players that Mario has taken so far have proven to be pretty mediocre, I don't have an issue with him being a bit more selective.

He just has such an eloquent way of referring to his players. Now they’re “furniture“ lol. So what some of the “ furniture” being thrown out was bought by him.
Sounds like a landlord evicting his tenants and tossing their **** to the curb

Advertisement
So a back up on an NCAA playoff team is not as good as the kid coming in from Odu?

Got it. Looks like I’m going to have some late night games of interest this football season.

Like someone else said 2-10 and you can’t blame the old coaches players as this will be Deions team

Advertisement
Back