Spring Transfer Portal

View attachment 236781**** I wonder if we tried to make a move. Got to say im definitely surprised we haven't offered a RB in the portal yet.

Don Chaney is injury Prone
Citizen might not play in 2023
Mark Fletcher and Chris Johnson are True Freshman
Henry Parrish is a good but not great back and had injury issues himself. If Chaney were to get hurt that would leave us with Parrish, Fletcher and CJ as your RBs all season.

This kid is day 1 starter material.. I’m sure he was looking for a clear path to RB1. Not exactly a guarantee with our RB room (not that it’s elite or anything).

Last edited:
Advertisement
James Williams is a JAG. BY ALL COUNTS AND MEANING OF THE DEFINITION LOLOLOL

I think you anti-JW guys are being too harsh. Many of us noted while he was being recruited that he was a great football player and elite athlete without a position. I was very positive on the take, but noted he had a high bust potential if coaches/he didn't focus on developing him.

Williams' biggest issue is that he is best closer to the line, but doesn't like to thump. He also freelances too much. I think both of those are teachable. With the right coach, he's absolutely a quality starter. I'm willing to bet Guidry figures him out.

I think you anti-JW guys are being too harsh. Many of us noted while he was being recruited that he was a great football player and elite athlete without a position. I was very positive on the take, but noted he had a high bust potential if coaches/he didn't focus on developing him.

Williams' biggest issue is that he is best closer to the line, but doesn't like to thump. He also freelances too much. I think both of those are teachable. With the right coach, he's absolutely a quality starter. I'm willing to bet Guidry figures him out.

I don’t think you can coach up physicality.

Advertisement
His biggest issue is his lack of discipline both during and after the play. If someone can correct that behavior then he becomes a serviceable and then we can talk about becoming good. It's another reason we need a solid safety behind him, so they can pull him for someone else when he does something stupid.

Williams makes Ray Ray look like Ronnie Lott

I'm going to give it one more season with Guidry. I still have faith here, always felt like it was dumb to rush him, especially as a true freshman. But I'm all in on backup options. Hopefully Markeith is ready to go right away and we pull in a portal kid.

p.s. We need to stop rushing kids in general. It's hurt Williams, Taylor, Zion, and many many others. I'm not saying don't play kids when they're ready. Mauigoa is clearly ready right now as a true freshman OT. Ray Ray is going to have meaningful playing time. Kinchens was a no brainer to play early. I'm fine with that. But our lack of talented depth has forced some guys in too early and set them back severely, in many cases ruined them

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm going to give it one more season with Guidry. I still have faith here, always felt like it was dumb to rush him, especially as a true freshman. But I'm all in on backup options. Hopefully Markeith is ready to go right away and we pull in a portal kid.

p.s. We need to stop rushing kids in general. It's hurt Williams, Taylor, Zion, and many many others. I'm not saying don't play kids when they're ready. Mauigoa is clearly ready right now as a true freshman OT. Ray Ray is going to have meaningful playing time. Kinchens was a no brainer to play early. I'm fine with that. But our lack of talented depth has forced some guys in too early and set them back severely, in many cases ruined them

Can’t find the lie here

Advertisement

FupyIhuXsAMppRX

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back