Spring Transfer Portal

Advertisement

And for the guys who are saying "yeah, but Colorado went 1-11, all they have on that team are LOSERS", I would point out that their Class of 2022...WERE FRESHMEN LAST YEAR...

That doesn't mean that all 19 of those guys are worth recruiting, but they also shouldn't be written off based on what their team did last year.

They’re literally going door-to-door and trying to entice a non-SEC QB to hit the portal.
NCAA's reaction:
Explosion Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Y’all do know the kids leaving CU aren’t from their 23 class. And as fast as the lose em, they’re filling them back up. I know some of y’all don’t watch football and just post on message boards. But Colorado has been absolutely horrible.

And for the guys who are saying "yeah, but Colorado went 1-11, all they have on that team are LOSERS", I would point out that their Class of 2022...WERE FRESHMEN LAST YEAR...

That doesn't mean that all 19 of those guys are worth recruiting, but they also shouldn't be written off based on what their team did last year.
Getting rid of guys I totally get. But when players that left Jackson St to play with you are also hitting the portal + actual productive members of the 2022 team (top two WRs, D-linemen, etc.), those are red flags. There isn’t enough talent in the spring portal to change a roster, and all the impactful players that enter are going to be cherry-picked by the big boys anyways…just plugging in chinks in the armor.

This is a throwaway season for Deion, but their NIL issues are compounding the problem. If they can’t pay players AND they suck, well that’s a problem.

Side 4: Do you honestly believe that Neon Deion will get 20 guys out of Spring Portal: The Sequel who will be better than the 20+ guys he just lost?

Side 5: You do realize that "unlimited ICs" ends this year, right?

Side 6: You do realize it's going to be hard to hit 85 again once you only have 25 ICs, so Neon Deion is going to need an AMAZING retention rate that is the diametric opposite of what has just happened in his first 5 months?

DIdn't realize we'd have a triple-live album...

This. He has to bring in a **** ton of portal this opening or they’re ****ed. The only other way (I suspect this will be the case) sign an enormous class next year. The ramifications of that though is half those kids will portal out because they’re not getting PT or redshirting etc. Very precarious situation. People keep talking about other schools pushing kids out and flipping rosters but not this suddenly.

Y’all do know the kids leaving CU aren’t from their 23 class. And as fast as the lose em, they’re filling them back up. I know some of y’all don’t watch football and just post on message boards. But Colorado has been absolutely horrible.
They have lost kids from the 23 class and they have lost kids who transferred in this year with Deion. Also they’ve lost 20 kids in two days and gained 1. Looks like your math might be off.

Last edited:
Advertisement

They lost nearly their entire 2022 class. The guys who have been there for one year (or less). The guys who didn't exactly lose 11 games. The guys who might not have bad habits and have plenty of time to be coached up.

But, sure, if you don't think that's a big deal, that's up to you.

Advertisement
Idgaf what any of the Deion sycophants say, there’s no way all of these departures are a positive for CU..
Idk Deion really believes he can go in SFL, Ga, Alabama, Texas and Cali and pull kids from the top power 5 schools consistently. He may get a couple but as the recent success of Bama, UGA, and OSU shows you have to hit on these kids every cycle. He out his mind if he thinks that happening in Colorado.

They lost nearly their entire 2022 class. The guys who have been there for one year (or less). The guys who didn't exactly lose 11 games. The guys who might not have bad habits and have plenty of time to be coached up.

But, sure, if you don't think that's a big deal, that's up to you.

Could you imagine if we lost 99% of our ‘22 class? Armageddon. Deion is getting a pass why?

Advertisement
Idk Deion really believes he can go in SFL, Ga, Alabama, Texas and Cali and pull kids from the top power 5 schools consistently. He may get a couple but as the recent success of Bama, UGA, and OSU shows you have to hit on these kids every cycle. He out his mind if he thinks that happening in Colorado.
He can’t, especially if NIL is a rapidly-growing issue there. Looks like some kids aren’t getting paid as soon as they thought, and are jumping.

Could you imagine if we lost 99% of our ‘22 class? Armageddon. Deion is getting a pass why?

Must be the money...

Look, I have not liked Neon since the mid-80s. I don't have a lot of faith/belief in him. Doesn't mean I hate him, but I think he's a very old tiger to be changing his stripes now.

I think he is what he's always been, a guy who likes to talk but is afraid of contact.

Advertisement
Back