Spring Transfer Portal

Advertisement
From childhood, most of IMG Academy CB Markevious Brown’s college football experience revolved around the Miami Hurricanes. That’s why, when the Canes offered him a chance to be in their 2021 class on Monday, the idea of playing big-time football at the next level began to feel more real.

“This offer means the world to me, I really can’t explain the feeling about this offer,” Brown said. “This is something I dreamed of while I was a kid running around not truly even knowing what football really was. I knew I wanted to be a Cane, it has always been my goal as a child to play for Miami.”

"... I definitely could see myself playing at Miami in that defense behind Coach Diaz..."

throw up jim carrey GIF

:ROFLMAO:

Didn't Brown want to commit here but Manny wouldn't take him?
I remember it the other way. We put all of our CB eggs into that basket and he chose another school. The whole cycle was us missing left and right on every corner and slurpers reminding everyone everything was fine cause we finna land Brown.

Last edited:
Brown is another blah to me at CB. Him + Davis just adds bodies to the room but doesn’t really raise the ceiling at all IMO.

Should be selling out for the Oregon CB if we aren’t already especially considering the relationships there. He has NFL physical talent.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Tiny guy from Aquinas but wonder where he ends up. Honorable All-Ivy as a return guy. Steele had him first team.

Advertisement
How many TAMU have been pushed out vs. ghosted Jimbo, and how has their portal recruitment going? Are they gutted, or improving? Thoughts on them for this season?

Asking for a Miami-TAMU September 2023 game attendee.
Most of them left due to playing time, disciplinary issues & over-signing. They had well above the 85 limit.

They’ve pretty much revamped their Secondary through the Portal after losing most of their young talent & a few to the Draft this Offseason. They picked up Tony Grimes from UNC, Sam McCall from FSU & Josh DeBerry just yesterday. Offensively they brought in Tyrin Smith from UTEP who’s a highly productive Slot-back with good speed, he’ll be a weapon for them.

I gave my assessment of them after their Spring game:
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/2023-spring-games.183983/post-6528186

Advertisement
It’s the weirdest injury I’ve ever had. Doesn’t bother me sleeping or laying down but right when you fire the bicep turning a door handle , picking up a drink , or getting a key out of pocket the pain is crazy. The simplest things.

I’m praying it’s a partial tear , MRI is in two week
It’s the weirdest injury I’ve ever had. Doesn’t bother me sleeping or laying down but right when you fire the bicep turning a door handle , picking up a drink , or getting a key out of pocket the pain is crazy. The simplest things.

I’m praying it’s a partial tear , MRI is in two weeks.
Yea, oh man opening doors are killer! Put me down a few times doing that. You feel fine then boom one small movement will floor you. They told me I had to get surgery very quickly after my MRI within 2 weeks. I have a guy in palm beach that is the man boob master. Works on MLB NHL and NFL guys. He did not do my surgery I met him after

Attachments

• A349D545-C785-4098-96F0-BD3556990765.jpeg
    A349D545-C785-4098-96F0-BD3556990765.jpeg
    382.7 KB · Views: 33
Advertisement
Back