Spring Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Only thing we can do is find a decent 2nd/3rd year guy that's already a backup and sell him on being the guy if TVD goes down and then competing for the job next year.

I'd try to get Ben Finley from NCST - he can play and he's well coached.

Brady Allen that just left Purdue could be a good one as well. It's at that stage of the year that it's hard to go somewhere else, unless you already played for the OC, and expect to start somewhere regardless of how good you are. Hard to pick up an offense that fast.
Agree, there will be options out there and this isn't an impossible sell considering TVD injury history and the fact he will be gone at the end of the season.

Advertisement
ANOTHER ONE

Would give this kid a strong look. Deep football blood, related to Joe, similar profile to Cisco Mauigoa - played QB in HS and was actually pretty good and won a ton of games.

Big body like James Williams and might grow into a LB. Would be a strong culture guy and would tackle strong on the back-end. Haven't seen much of him at safety but if it looks like he can hang back there I'd do it.

Advertisement
Unfortunately Deen and Gore seem to be JAGS. I'd take another DL with Malone. Can't hit on everyone, its still a good list of roster additions.
Deen is your 3rd best DT (right now) and Gore is probably 6th or 7th best and only plays in packages situationally.

Not worried about it. Adding Malone and/or Farmer and we're set. Both and we're loaded up front with size, pass rush, and flexibility of having tons of sub-packages with smaller guys inside like Mesidor, Gore, and Lichtenstein.

The DT and Safety from Colorado seems like good options for quality depth and high character so it is a win win and if they give you even more its a bonus

Advertisement
Oregon and Miami offered back then, he is probably going back to his home state but worth a try imho.

Probably already has one of the TX schools in mind but gotta shoot shot here. A true FR speedster with no miles in the most loaded WR room in America, he elevates the room here.

A QB who is stuck under a young starting QB with several years to play or a FCS QB looking to play P5 ball. We have a QB coming off a season ending injury who essentially missed half the season. TVD is very likely done after the season and we can offer them a shot to compete in 2024 and be the backup now.
Better chance you see a starting-caliber portal kid seriously consider us if/when TVD declares after next season and if the staff doesn't feel good moving forward with Jacurri, et al.

Advertisement
Agree, there will be options out there and this isn't an impossible sell considering TVD injury history and the fact he will be gone at the end of the season.
Probably only 2-3 guys that I would tell you could beat out Emory and Jacurri right now and have eligibility for next year too.

Brady Allen - I think he would win that competition easily. Probably looking for a starting job. Maybe following Brohm to Louisville?
Ben Finley - close comparable to Emory but Finley going into his 4th year and probably has the edge.
Hayden Wolff - Just left Old Dominion but looking for a starting job

A QB who is stuck under a young starting QB with several years to play or a FCS QB looking to play P5 ball. We have a QB coming off a season ending injury who essentially missed half the season. TVD is very likely done after the season and we can offer them a shot to compete in 2024 and be the backup now.
Why do we think TVD is done after the season? He’s got a lot to prove still.

Why do we think TVD is done after the season? He’s got a lot to prove still.
Pretty sure I heard/read somewhere that he said this would be his last season at Miami. Now of course things change and he has another year of eligibility after this year, but with how things have played out so far I would not be surprised if this is either a season where he puts up numbers good enough to enter the draft or he decides to transfer.

Advertisement
Back