Spring Spring PractiSe 9 : Closed scrimmage

It’s also not just Drummond saying this. X mentioned something about it last night and Geo i think spoke on it on the same space yesterday. They not saying he a jag but he is struggling little bit and that’s why he’s been with the 2s mostly lately. It’s probably the coaches motivated him to step it up and be more consistent

I don’t see elite with LT. Hope he proves me wrong. Seems like a tweener. Not big enough for DT and and not explosive/twitchy enough for DE in a 3-4.

There I said it. Can be a very solid player but I don’t see all-American NFL talent.

Advertisement
It’s not sounding good for Leonard Taylor in the one on ones..

Heard he got benched.

**** LT struggling today

In a few posts LT is a bust and a JAG.

A few posts later he gets a sack and will be a beast.

Welcome to Spring practise threads.

As a former player you know LT doesn't have the same talent on the line with him that Vince had.

The flavor? So basically you FELT people were downgrading him from the simple comments that he was losing one on ones? Yet you called us emotional……

I didn’t feel anything, I was just reading the posts above. From he got benched, to we should not downgrade the comments about bad performance, all focusing on one guy maybe having a bad day.

Similar type of thing as people saying last spring that Garcia was the one, and should be the starter day one. Well not exactly the same, but close.

This is how narratives get started based on little information.

Heard he got benched.

I didn’t feel anything, I was just reading the posts above. From he got benched, to we should not downgrade the comments about bad performance, all focusing on one guy maybe having a bad day.

Similar type of thing as people saying last spring that Garcia was the one, and should be the starter day one. Well not exactly the same, but close.

Everything said about LT today, was just based on his performance today... Good players struggle sometimes. He'll be fine, we'll be fine. He definitely ended on a good note.

You guys really have to stop creating your own narratives and posting it as if it's true. Literally not one person here or on the Twitter space said LT was a jag or downgraded his skills of any sort. He was just simply having a bad day early on and it was critiqued as such FOLLOWED by ways he can simply improve.

Also, about Drummond..... Not trying to change anyone's personal opinion on him and really don't care to but what I know is, He was the one that went up to William Joseph and told him hey, see that recruit over there, that's Leblanc. He plays on the Dline. You should go talk to him. They both went over there and Drummond was downplaying oklahoma and recruiting for us. So for that, he deserves credit from me. Y'all can still hate him for whatever he's done before.
It’s displaced aggression towards the people who reported it and have access. LT is being coached properly now, so his bad habits are standing out and being addressed, that’s it, it’s a GREAT thing.

Dudes have to get used to the changes Mario is gonna bring in every single facet. Drummond on Greentree is GREAT news. Mario communicating with Luke is GREAT news. All the players back is GREAT news. There is no coincidence that these things were not occurring while we sucked. There’s two or three sides to every story. Mario loved the U so much that he is making sure not to fight on a possible lie like Slim Charles suggested or the events of the Red Summer of 1919. I’m sooooo glad he is our Coach, this is one of those reasons why, that would usually not be recognized. It takes nothing from you to respect people. It takes nothing but simple gestures to unite the community around this U. Show them that they will be acknowledged and they are valued. Do we not understand what the alternative to doing this is. Haven’t y’all had enough of the fake bravado stuff??? In its most simplest and honest form, some of Luke’s arguments had legs, but his execution in calling attention to it and articulating it was HORRIBLE!

I’m so glad this dude is our coach. In any other community, you have to go thru the men to get their sons. Mario is ok with this. He is ok with Footballville having access and a voice. We about to make it where the kids down there don’t want to hear ish about or from no **** SEC schools. Ain’t that what we all wanted?? It just takes mutual respect and an open ear.

Advertisement
It’s displaced aggression towards the people who reported it and have access. LT is being coached properly now, so his bad habits are standing out and being addressed, that’s it, it’s a GREAT thing.

Dudes have to get used to the changes Mario is gonna bring in every single facet. Drummond on Greentree is GREAT news. Mario communicating with Luke is GREAT news. All the players back is GREAT news. There is no coincidence that these things were not occurring while we sucked. There’s two or three sides to every story. Mario loved the U so much that he is making sure not to fight on a possible lie like Slim Charles suggested or the events of the Red Summer of 1919. I’m sooooo glad he is our Coach, this is one of those reasons why, that would usually not be recognized. It takes nothing from you to respect people. It takes nothing but simple gestures to unite the community around this U. Show them that they will be acknowledged and they are valued. Do we not understand what the alternative to doing this is. Haven’t y’all had enough of the fake bravado stuff??? In its most simplest and honest form, some of Luke’s arguments had legs, but his execution in calling attention to it and articulating it was HORRIBLE!

I’m so glad this dude is our coach. In any other community, you have to go thru the men to get their sons. Mario is ok with this. He is ok with Footballville having access and a voice. We about to make it where the kids down there don’t want to hear ish about or from no **** SEC schools. Ain’t that what we all wanted?? It just takes mutual respect and an open ear.
Absolutely agree with everything you said. Mario understand local connections are important and in time, these things will play out for the better for us.

Listen; I’m not sure about this Mario guy. I’m not sure what type of operation we’re running here. Dammit, not one time did I hear about guys getting after it & flying around! TF??
I've about F-ing had it with them....it's time for me to Rev up the engines....
img_1_1648933189092.jpg

Advertisement
👏🏿👏🏿

👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿 Well said

Everything said about LT today, was just based on his performance today... Good players struggle sometimes. He'll be fine, we'll be fine. He definitely ended on a good note.
Not true. Drummond has been on multiple spaces since last Saturday saying LT has been struggling this spring. It just was again today live at practice

Heard he got benched.

What I posted was done in real time regarding him. I had no malicious intent. A person that was there was letting us know how we was performing and I relayed that to the board. Either we want to know what’s going on with our players or we don’t. Good and bad…

Now if you wanna say that’s how narrative’s start, keep that same energy when Dmoney, Gary, Chris Stock, Gabby and other Cane journalists provide critiques to the players.

Advertisement
Not necessarily true. Drummond been on spaces since last Saturday saying LT been struggling in spring. If true or not don’t know. Don’t know who this guy his besides he’s a alumni

I don’t see elite with LT. Hope he proves me wrong. Seems like a tweener. Not big enough for DT and and not explosive/twitchy enough for DE in a 3-4.

There I said it. Can be a very solid player but I don’t see all-American NFL talent.
Get your eyes checked lol. Did you see what he did last year with minimum reps?

Advertisement
If someone feels kind enough can they give a recap of what was over heard. I work late at night and dont get home till 4 or 5 in the morning so I dont get up till late so missed it all.

Listen; I’m not sure about this Mario guy. I’m not sure what type of operation we’re running here. Dammit, not one time did I hear about guys getting after it & flying around! TF??
Agreed! I will continue to have my doubts about him until we hear very reports of him dedicating a good portion of practice to working on choreographed celebrations when down multiple scores! That’s when we know we got a Coach!

I didn't even know there was a family barbecue today. I just came by to watch practice. I get there, and there's hundreds of people on the field and I'm like 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

Few notes...

*Couch is really coming into his own. He's by far our most technically sound DB. His press man skills are awesome. Spoke to his dad for a while. Let's just say, everybody is glad that Manny is gone. With these new coaches, Couch can now play his game. He's comfortable and feeling rejuvenated. Look for a solid season.

*Chaminade boys looked good today. Haye is starting to make a few plays and Thad was toting the rock hard today. Second practice in a row that I've seen solid performances from these two.

*Steele went with some 3 Safety looks with Blades, Huff and Tae playing deep. Huff got his pic while playing middle deep third.

*X murders people in one-on-ones. He be cooking Blades a$$ especially. He had a case of the dropsies today though. (in scrimmage period) Killed DB's to get open but then let a couple go through his hands.

*Ladson is not a guy IMO. He did make a nice contested catch today but other than that, he leaves a lot to be desired at times.

*Keontra had a nice interception. I love his game.

*Avantae is just a plain stud. He sticks out to me.

*Some of us have been saying it for a while, and a few of y'all don't want to hear it, but James Williams is not a deep Safety.🤷🏻‍♂️ Steele is using him properly though (IMO). I saw him near the LOS a lot today, covering TE's. He's a good player, but he has to be utilized correctly. He needs to be moved around.

*Dare I say it, but Arroyo might be an early round draft pick at TE. He's a **** stud and really stands out.

*Defense got a lot of pressure on the QB's today. It also looked like Steele may have put in some new wrinkles within the last week. Anytime a new coordinator arrives, you have to spoon feed the players.

*A lot of people around Greentree think that Jacurri and Skinner are going to be special. They stick out for sure. We got some young pups on this team (Brown, Skinner, Moss) who I'm really excited about. I can't wait to see their development.

*I actually spoke to an assistant coach about this, but one of the things that struck me is how bare we are on the front-7 in terms of talent. I don't know WTF Manny was doing, but more than half of those kids don't even look the part. They don't even look like someone you'd want walking off the bus when you're about to play an ACC component. So many of them are either too short, too stumpy, too fat, too skinny, too stiff, etc. That stuck out to quite a few people I spoke to today.

*My last point is why I want us to calm our expectations. We still need a couple recruiting classes to even look like a Miami team on OL, DL, LB and CB.

*You know the culture here is special when you have legends like Bain and Ed Reed wearing aprons and serving barbecue. I literally had the greatest Safety of all-time serve me barbecue chicken today and I stood 2 feet next to Alonzo Highsmith while I ate it. If I wasn't such a fat a$s I would have framed that piece of chicken instead of inhaling it.

*I spoke to more UM coaches in the past week than I did in 4 years under Manny. And the more I go around Greentree, the more stories I hear about that pompous cornball. Good riddance.

IMG_20220402_115155856_HDR.jpg

photoCollageMaker_20220402_171347599.jpg

photoCollageMaker_20220402_171537773.jpg

Advertisement
Back