Spring Spring PractiSe 8

giphy.gif
Are you trying to say he’s a soft 6’3 WR who struggles with catching? Or that he likes his mangoes with vinegar, pepper, and paprika?

Advertisement
Even this is understated. I think we're unnecessarily thin inside. If Haye can give us even decent #4 DT snaps (especially at the 1Tish spot), it would ripple across the line. I still would love a starting level portal DT, but I'd also love a few high level portal defenders, so I won't be picky.
Let's not forget we got a quick off the ball 6'3" 310LB Moten coming in. I know he's still in HS, but if develops over the summer he may get burn without burning a redshirt.

@Billy D Williams ...wtf is boring about what I posted??....IF anything is boring, it's your non-stop nonsensical Porsts...which are so numerous, one can't keep track...
It was not you post. I was referring to Sapp. I was still hanging out when he played here in Tampa. He was rude and disrespectful. No body liked the cat. Ignore my posts till you grad HS.

Mario is an important part of what’s going on here, but imo this component is equally as crucial:

🤔 🤔🤔

There’s that word “development” again. I hate to bring up old chit, but it was clear & obvious these guys weren’t being developed. The ? I posed to those who defended the Tom Foolery going on here, how was it that 247/Rivals were wrong only for OUR blue chip players, while they were mostly correct for The Bamas, OSUs, Clemsons, etc of the world.

It’s clear these boys weren’t being developed. And why would they? We’ve had a staph filled w/ G5 &/or unqualified guys coaching for yrs!

It’s nice hearing these guys express the difference, but this is also why I said it’ll probably take another yr for us to rid of the sickness that’s plagued this program for almost 20 yrs, mediocrity.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It was not you post. I was referring to Sapp. I was still hanging out when he played here in Tampa. He was rude and disrespectful. No body liked the cat. Ignore my posts till you grad HS.
Alot of you guys have to go over this "Sapp isnt a nice guy; hes a A-hole" stuff. The man operated in the trenches at the highest level. Not many nice guys survive in that 1 yard closed space and come out with the personality of Yogi Bear. It is what it is. Its old at this point. He comes around and shows love to the program whether things are going good or bad. And keeps coming back to show his support to every new HC. Thats enough for me.

I know he's a POS...Has nothing to do with my pic that I posted...Refreshing to see him at Greentree WITH Trick and Orgeron, who was his DL Coach for 2yrs at UM....Graduate HS??...I did that with Honors in 1978, and again in College in 1981...run along with your incoherent stupidity

Advertisement
Way too soon to give the OL and Mirabal that credit. Our rush blocking wasn’t exactly a strength, last year. Plus, our rushing Defense was horrible, too. The DL is incredibly thin. Time will tell.
Lol. I wasn't crowning them. I was more so addressing the fact that he said Thad wasn't being touched until 5 yards down the field..

That is typically credit to the Oline/team blocking not the defense

🤔 🤔🤔

There’s that word “development” again. I hate to bring up old chit, but it was clear & obvious these guys weren’t being developed. The ? I posed to those who defended the Tom Foolery going on here, how was that 247/Rivals wrong only four OUR blue chip players, while they were mostly correct for The Bamas, OSUs, Clemsons, etc of the world.

It’s clear these boys weren’t being developed. And why would they? We’ve had a staph filled w/ G5 &/or unqualified guys coaching for yrs!
It’s nice hearing these guys express the difference, but this is also why I said it’ll probably take another yr for us to rid of the sickness that’s plagued this program for almost 20 yrs, mediocrity.
You might want to go back and check those lists. Alabama has a list of blue chip players who never panned out a mile long. Just look at their 2019 class. Top player Antonio Alfano never played, transferred to Colorado and then retired medically. #4 recruit Pierce Quick barely plays outside of mop up duty in blowouts. #6recruit Ishmael Sopsher played 1 game in two years and has transferred to USC . #7 recruit Justin Eboige has totaled 48 tackles and 2 sacks in three seasons. All of those players were 5 stars or very high 4 stars. The difference between them and us is that when one of their guys busts, they just replace him with another blue chip player. We get stuck because we didn't "stack chips" as the kids like to say.

Advertisement
🤔 🤔🤔

There’s that word “development” again. I hate to bring up old chit, but it was clear & obvious these guys weren’t being developed. The ? I posed to those who defended the Tom Foolery going on here, how was that 247/Rivals wrong only four OUR blue chip players, while they were mostly correct for The Bamas, OSUs, Clemsons, etc of the world.

Get your point but generally the law of large numbers applies to Bama just like everyone else.

More blue chips more chances you’ll develop more great players. They all have their share of bust/underwhelming players and guys who bolt via the portal.

Advertisement
🤔 🤔🤔

Yep. This isnt just a rebuilding year as far as personell but a rebuilding the mindset(sickness as Relly stated) that started with Coker and was capped off by the mayor's son.

Advertisement
Back