Spring Spring PractiSe 8

Advertisement
Impossible....I was told Garcia is nipping at his heels.....
Yeah, I'm pumped about having Garcia waiting to take over after TVD, because he looks good too. But TVD's ability to place the ball in the perfect spot to allow the reciever to run after the catch is a special, NFL type skill. Even during that Spring Game where so many claimed Garcia was better, TVD's ball placement skills stood out and in my mind made him the better QB.

Not even that. More a testament on how good a coach Mirabal is and how well he teaches his boys than an indictment on the Ds ability or lack thereof
Way too soon to give the OL and Mirabal that credit. Our rush blocking wasn’t exactly a strength, last year. Plus, our rushing Defense was horrible, too. The DL is incredibly thin. Time will tell.

Haye stepping up this quickly in year 2 and being able to give us some quality reps inside would be monumental. Hope he keeps it up, we need that desperately.
This defense may be a better fit for his skill set. Seems like a big strong kid so winning at the point of attack and shedding blocks vs. getting free slips into the backfield seems to fit him. If he is as good as he seems to be practicing, we are getting a big boost at the 1 or 2i technique (depending on what you call it).

Advertisement
Haye stepping up this quickly in year 2 and being able to give us some quality reps inside would be monumental. Hope he keeps it up, we need that desperately.
Even this is understated. I think we're unnecessarily thin inside. If Haye can give us even decent #4 DT snaps (especially at the 1Tish spot), it would ripple across the line. I still would love a starting level portal DT, but I'd also love a few high level portal defenders, so I won't be picky.

Yeah, I'm pumped about having Garcia waiting to take over after TVD, because he looks good too. But TVD's ability to place the ball in the perfect spot to allow the reciever to run after the catch is a special, NFL type skill. Even during that Spring Game where so many claimed Garcia was better, TVD's ball placement skills stood out and in my mind made him the better QB.
The skills I hope TVD is working on are difficult to assess in these reports and these settings. He needs to get his feet moving and get off his spot quicker. Ladder drills and rush drills to the death for the next 6 months. If he can improve his ability to pop in the pocket, we're a different team and he's an 8 figure kid in 13 months. Have mentioned it off this board, but we were a different offense when he got his flow and picked up a couple first downs with his feet. Someone smack him before the game. He seems to play better once he's been tackled.

Advertisement
This skill is one of my favorite in a qb and something I think is underrated when people talk about qbs in general.. I think Tom Brady is the best at that

This skill is one of my favorite in a qb and something I think is underrated when people talk about qbs in general.. I think Tom Brady is the best at that
Agreed. It's how a QB helps turn a lot of those 5-8 yard throws into 20+ yard gains.

The skills I hope TVD is working on are difficult to assess in these reports and these settings. He needs to get his feet moving and get off his spot quicker. Ladder drills and rush drills to the death for the next 6 months. If he can improve his ability to pop in the pocket, we're a different team and he's an 8 figure kid in 13 months. Have mentioned it off this board, but we were a different offense when he got his flow and picked up a couple first downs with his feet. Someone smack him before the game. He seems to play better once he's been tackled.
I hope these QBs use their NIL to get some private coaching on the side.. It goes a long way for them.. Esp a guy like Jacurri Brown

Advertisement
Gattis’ passing game puts way more pressure on linebackers than Lashlee’s did passing wise.

These guys are going to have to work hard to adjust. It will help on Saturdays. The days of free releases and gaping holes in coverage are over.
It’s a matter of focus area on the field...

Gattis puts the emphasis on the middle of the field & the seams, which is why the TE’s & the Slot benefit the most.

Lash was more about attacking the perimeter horizontally to setup for deep shots & keep the defense off balance.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back