Spring Spring PractiSe #2

Is that Fat Manny in the background?? Good lord!!!
hungry fat bastard GIF
We need a mauler like Fat ******* on the OL.

Advertisement
I do not know what is funnier around here.
People obsessed with weight of players or height of the coaches.

With everything we can talk about in spring people want to focus on that?
Weren't folks obsessed with Johvanni Haskin's hog?

Advertisement
Advertisement
How can you definitively say that when they haven’t been coached by THIS elite coaching staff? I’m specifically talking about Justice and Ousman.
These guys don't waste a moment to throw our boys under the bus.

The next thing is always the best thing.

Why do we assume the portal is full of all Americans? The portal is going to be full of a bunch of "Maybes". No guarantees. Because majority of the players with actual production and film ain't leaving where they are.

It's always going to be an " I hope they can do better here" situation.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Brashard & Keyshawn are the deep threats, the 50/50 guys are tbd.

Most likely will be Restrepo & Arroyo, could be George as well.
I think when all said and done, J-George will be the best of the group, a top level receiver whose game translates to the NFL. I may be biased, as I said he was the best of the TRIO coming in. He's very fluid, and very smooth with how he operates. Seems to be a bit longer in his strides, so his speed is deceiving. I think he will be the most versatile, who can run the complete route tree, beat you deep, contested 50/50 balls as well as move the sticks on third down. He added size from high school to Frosh year, and I read he added another 12 pounds going into this year.

K-Smith analysis I thought was pretty spot on with his build, speed being the guy who can stretch the field. Restrepo out of the slot should absolutely be the guy who carries a lot of the work on third down moving the chains, along with the tight ends and any of knighton, smith or chaney out of the backfield or from the H back spot. More sturdy build, but a gamer and strong hands like Hunter Renfrow was at Clemson.

I hope they give Jake a series (even if its not a blowout) or multiple series in blowouts to continue to groom him. If TVD has a great year and does leave, whoever is the QB next year is stepping into the team I think has the best chance to make the playoff, until its full of Mario recruits. Jake came in with the Three amigos, Arroyo, Thad F as the O skill positions, so that time togrther and development could make them elite.

Lastly, Brashard smith should be used as Tyreke is for the Cheifs. Many of his big plays are when he catches it 15-20 yds down field in space and out races everyone to the endzone. I don't think Brashad Smith is like keyshawn smith, where you line him wide and he takes the top off. He can line up wide or slot or out of the backfield, run digs, deep comebacks or finding the soft spots in zone and then doing his thing.

The 3 can be lethal with Mallory/Arroyo at TE & Rooster/Parrish coming out of the backfield.
Those are 3 shifty WR's that can explode in and out of their breaks.

I don't think any of those guys scare a defense deep, but they can be mismatches in space. We'll be playing basketball on turf.
This is why I think Ladson starts cabuse TVD loves going deep and Frank is a deep threat

Advertisement
Back