Spring Spring PractiSe #2

1646839587869.png

:sideeyes:

Advertisement
It’s a cane thing. Such an important piece that we must get back too, having these guys around. Where they feel comfortable enough to show up at any time (within the rules)
Completely baffled me that past administrations basically outlawed former players being around like that lol Like the thought never came to their minds that hmmmm having players currently in the NFL around our guys sharing knowledge and whatnot may be beneficial to our program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Completely baffled me that past administrations basically outlawed former players being around like that lol Like the thought never came to their minds that hmmmm having players currently in the NFL around our guys sharing knowledge and whatnot may be beneficial to our program.
It was really only Al Golden and it was after his staff had some confrontations with former players on how he thought things should have been done.

Advertisement
Who here owns a white pickup? CIS intel.

View attachment 179306

"Hello, UM security? Yes, I'd like to report a slingshot parked on the top level of the parking garage. Yes, it appears to be disabled, but there is someone in the driver's seat holding binoculars. Yes, he is a Caucasian man with cornrows..."

Some notes from Gaby:

On injuries:
One big question was going to be Elijah Roberts’ status after he went down at midfield on Monday. He had a brace on his right ankle and went through stretching with the team, but wasn’t a participant after that period.

Most of the guys listed as ‘Out’ on Monday went through stretching which is a positive sign. Nyjalik Kelly was out there and along with Jaylan Knighton, Tyrique Stevenson, Romello Brinson, and some of the others.

Knighton seemed to have some coverage on his wrist, which was pretty easy to miss. Others like Stevenson didn’t seem to have any noticeable braces or wrapping.

On QBs:
It does seem like Tyler Van Dyke is wanting to push the ball downfield even in practice settings but I haven’t seen many receivers able to create a ton of separation vertically through two days. Van Dyke has taken some shots though.

Jake Garcia continues to run second with Jacurri Brown third. Both looked solid throughout the first viewing period from what I could see. Brown found Will Mallory for completion while running with some offensive contributors during some 7-on-7 work.

On WRs:
- Josh Gattis continued to work hard with the wide receivers. It feels like the lead rotation at the moment is Keyshawn Smith and Jacolby George on the outside with Xavier Restrepo in the slot.

Frank Ladson is working behind Smith with Michael Redding III behind Ladson.

Drops were an issue in practice No. 1. I didn’t see as many on Wednesday while the quarterbacks were throwing but there were a few while running drills with coaches pitching to the receivers.

Restrepo seems to be the most polished of the bunch. It seems like George is a guy they’re high on as well. It would be nice if Ladson takes a step forward because he is the best looking wideout on the roster.

Brashard Smith might be the most explosive of the receivers and you can see that Gattis is constantly pushing him for more.

On OLine:
The left-to-right offensive line on Wednesday was Zion Nelson, Ousman Traore, Logan Sagapolu, Jakai Clark, and Justice Oluwasesun.

Jalen Rivers is considered “limited” but was out there for all of practice, minus the drills where the defensive line went against the offensive line. John Campbell was out there Monday. I didn’t notice him out there on Wednesday

DLine, LB, and DBs:

- Defensive linemen are furthest from the media so tough to see them working. Leonard Taylor, Jake Lichtenstein, and Jahfari Harvey were guys running with the first team. I will have to get back to see who the other defensive end was replacing Elijah Roberts. I didn’t see Jason Taylor out there today.

- Waynmon Steed and Keontra Smith were first-team linebackers. Corey Flagg had a nice pass breakup on a Tyler Van Dyke pass intended for Henry Parrish. Avery Huff also got some looks in there as did Tirek Austin-Cave.

- Gilbert Frierson was working with the cornerbacks for the morning. He was essentially their nickel guy when the offense and defense came together. Isaiah Dunson was credited for making a good play on a Van Dyke deep attempt by Jahmile Addae.

James Williams and Avantae Williams were the starting safeties with Jalen Harrell and Brian Balom rotating in. DJ Ivey, Al Blades Jr., and Marcus Clarke got some of the top reps at cornerback with Malik Curtis also getting some looks.

Advertisement
Back