Spring Spring PractiSe 15: Spring Game!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Honestly thought I was the only one that thinks he is meh. As of right now. It’s spring so who knows but those that were impressed with his spring performance were watching with blinders imo. Didn’t see the “he’s so hard to take down”
Not bashing at all, but to be honest after watching the game again to confirm, if you touch him anywhere below his waist he goes down.

Even he said that he isn’t a bruising back himself.

This doesn’t take away the fact that he’d be difficult for an opponent to handle coming out fresh in the 4th quarter when tackling technique begins to fade.

LOL @ DJ Ivey haters! I brought my boys and there friend Riley Williams top TE in Oregon this year to the game and they wanted to focus on Miami’s DB’s and the Safety position. A lot of piling on even from the “insiders” regarding this young man. With his size, athleticism and what I saw today, there’s many on CIS this young man can literally tell to fck off 😂. Coaching matters.

On another note, Miami is recruiting 6-2 3* CB Demarcus Houston from West Albany High in Albany, Oregon. I’m just going to say that Mario and his staff are leaving NO stones unturned.
Talk to me when he doesn’t know their Route tree. I’d be happy to eat crow, but I do not believe he has what it takes. His issue is mental, its taking on blockers, it’s sticking your nose in there in run support.

Long way to go before I’m gonna trust him.

Not bashing at all, but to be honest after watching the game again to confirm, if you touch him anywhere below his waist he goes down.

Even he said that he isn’t a bruising back himself.

This doesn’t take away the fact that he’d be difficult for an opponent to handle coming out fresh in the 4th quarter when tackling technique begins to fade.
I don’t want to bash any of the players so that wasn’t my intentions but I don’t see what everyone else is saying that’s all

What is the E & F?
End or Split End, basically in 22 & 12 personnel the 2nd TE, that can both be lined up on LOS or as a WR.

The F is the offset Fullback, but in our system would be the backfield TE or H-back that is used primarily to block but will often time leak out after initial block pickup & then be a safety valve underneath checkdown route for the QB.

Advertisement
End or Split End, basically in 22 & 12 personnel the 2nd TE, that can both be lined up on LOS or as a WR.

The F is the offset Fullback, but in our system would be the backfield TE or H-back that is used primarily to block but will often time leak out after initial block pickup & then be a safety valve underneath checkdown route for the QB.
Yes, we ran a bunch of running back/tight end combo routes which we will be taking advantage of our strengths.

Gattis called from the booth today, right? I do wonder with the WR group being what it is how will this impact that position group if on the field they only have an off field coach working with them. I wanted a WR coach for this reason but maybe I’ll be wrong.

Just rewatching the spring game today, it seems as the receivers catch the ball they almost always seem to fall when no one is on them, why keep on your feet!!! These receivers will carrying the ball around like it’s a new born baby until season starts, drops were ridiculous today.

Anyways, it’s great to see Mario leading these young men to battle!!! Let’s Go Canes!!!!

Advertisement
🐐

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220416-212523_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220416-212523_Gallery.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 117
Advertisement
Thad is like trayone grey to me. People swear up and down he’s the best RB on the roster, and not to take anything away from him his talent, but I look at him and I look at Chaney and there’s a clear difference come game time.

Hopefully he balls out and I look stupid
I think that’s a great comparison. A guy who gets great reviews but this far hasn’t done a lot. And I agree, I’d be beyond happy if he turns out to be a legit D1 back for us.

Gattis called from the booth today, right? I do wonder with the WR group being what it is how will this impact that position group if on the field they only have an off field coach working with them. I wanted a WR coach for this reason but maybe I’ll be wrong.
Donovan Varner & Jourdyn Thompson are kinda the WR’s coaches, they’re analysts, but that’s their position group.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back