Spring Spring PractiSe 15: Spring Game!!!!!!!

I hear there was dropped passes , I can’t imagine Mario’s input in film reviews 🤬🤬🤬😭😭😭
A lot of em were early on...but yeah, WR room can use an upgrade (or two). Restrepo is going to be a perfect short/intermediate route guy and already has that connection with TVD...someone else needs to step up/we desperately need a speedster to take the top off.

Advertisement
lots of thoughts about the game/team.

First thing i would point out is that outside of TVD I don't think people outside the program are going to know anyone on offense. I see a lot of really good players but I don't see any stars. This offense is going to spread the ball around a lot and you will see 2-3 backs with 50+ yards rushing and 5-7 guys with 30-50 yards receiving. We will move the ball and we will score points. I have little doubt about that. I just don't see many offensive players putting up all ACC level numbers due to the distribution of the ball.

lots of thoughts about the game/team.

First thing i would point out is that outside of TVD I don't think people outside the program are going to know anyone on offense. I see a lot of really good players but I don't see any stars. This offense is going to spread the ball around a lot and you will see 2-3 backs with 50+ yards rushing and 5-7 guys with 30-50 yards receiving. We will move the ball and we will score points. I have little doubt about that. I just don't see many offensive players putting up all ACC level numbers due to the distribution of the ball.
As long as the W's come I'm totally OK with lots of good players minus lots of superstars

Advertisement
Thad is too slow. My first (over) reaction
Maybe but don’t use the wide run for this position. That was Gattis checking whether Thad could make that run and the answer is he can’t. But you‘ll never see that run called with Thad in the game. And very, very few guys his size can beat the defense to the outside on that run. The few who can are or did play in the NFL and were some of the all-timers.
Thad’s in-between the tackles and will punish defenses, especially as the game wears on.
Thad is our 4th quarter back, especially if we have a lead and need to run clock.

I thought the OL's run blocking was a pleasant surprise. Was this due to their improvement or to the lack of talent on the defensive front 7 though?

Advertisement
Mario said in a post game interview that Cyrus Moss came in at 199 pounds. He then said Moss is currently 215ish.

Wow. That man was skinny skinny.

He ain't it. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Honestly thought I was the only one that thinks he is meh. As of right now. It’s spring so who knows but those that were impressed with his spring performance were watching with blinders imo. Didn’t see the “he’s so hard to take down”

Advertisement
A lot of em were early on...but yeah, WR room can use an upgrade (or two). Restrepo is going to be a perfect short/intermediate route guy and already has that connection with TVD...someone else needs to step up/we desperately need a speedster to take the top off.
Like I said in basketball forum , we couldn’t Three in elite 8 and lost we need three shooters.

Well if we can’t catch we’ll lose close tight prime time national televised games when we’re fighting for ACCG and playoff bids.

Same problem different sport.

GOCANES

Advertisement
I don't want to shade the fellas, but Chris Washington and Mike McLaughlin have a ways to go. Probably one of them, tbh.

Mcclaughlin was a project from day 1 and someone who needed a ton of strength and still has a ways to go in that department, as we saw today. There is still plenty hope for him though because of the size and the athleticism, he was just raw and weak. 2023 could be the year he will be ready to contribute with it being year 3 and having 2 off seasons under Cristobal/Mirabal.

Both T-Rob and Manny sucked as evidenced by their *** defenses before UM
Mario was planning on keeping him and he isnt here because the top current coach in the game offered him a job.. Seems like he is still a valued DB coach

Advertisement
Back