Spring Spring PractiSe 15: Spring Game!!!!!!!

Advertisement
It’s what I expected from a spring game with a new staff in place. Very very vanilla play wise… liked the format… Mario definitely wanted to see the kids compete and play.

Couple people really stood out but can’t take anything away totally because we were missing a lot of players who start or get a lot of reps usually. Key thing I believe is no serious injuries and no one carted off the field. No one should be drawing any conclusions from this..

Fall camp competition should be good!

It was just nice seeing the guys out there playing. I’m a football junkie and the long off season is the worst lol

Go back and look, Gilbert frierson will be a playmaker for us once again I said That months ago. Outside of jaelan phillips in 2020 he was our best player on defense. And blades is returning to form too, bounce back year for both of them
No that year frierson was good for the first half of the season

As I said before, which the CIS idiots laughed, this roster will be purged. Already, you have 12 out since last Fall and more will leave. You have 8 transfers in and more coming. Add the incoming freshman and it’s 40 that’s turning over.

What Manny Diaz put together was a joke. Mario knows it and anyone with a half brain will agree..

Future is bright as we have a Commander and Chief leading!

Advertisement
Anyone see #84 Josh Neely hit a spin move on the edge and almost get a sack? He's a walk-on, but it was a nasty spin move!

Advertisement
LOL @ DJ Ivey haters! I brought my boys and there friend Riley Williams top TE in Oregon this year to the game and they wanted to focus on Miami’s DB’s and the Safety position. A lot of piling on even from the “insiders” regarding this young man. With his size, athleticism and what I saw today, there’s many on CIS this young man can literally tell to fck off 😂. Coaching matters.

On another note, Miami is recruiting 6-2 3* CB Demarcus Houston from West Albany High in Albany, Oregon. I’m just going to say that Mario and his staff are leaving NO stones unturned.

As expected this is a 8-9 win roster, that should be the goal. Our roster has a lot of holes in it and Mario has done his best to fill them but it's only year 1. WR,DL,LB and CB are all question marks but that's as expected. The transfers and Injured guys will help out a lot, we're still missing a lot of starters and key depth. It's difficult to judge a spring game because everything is very vanilla but we look very small on defense and not very fast.

Advertisement
- Thad & Parrish looked good
- TE’s looked great; Arroyo, Brantley, Mammarelli & Skinner can all play well & will thrive in this offense & that’s all before Mallory comes back, most loaded position group on the team
- Run Blocking looked solid; OL still needs depth
- Should’ve added another WR out the Portal back in Jan-Feb; hope to God we can convince Ty Harrell to consider coming back home

- Interior DL is small, still need more bodies on the DLine, adding Mesidor & Coleman would be nice pickups, Dorlus needs to hurry the fck up if he’s planning on coming down here
- Lichtenstein, Davis & Moss looked good
- LB’s... Should be adding Caleb Johnson so that’s good
- Safety group looks good, adding JoJo will make them a nice young group with tons of upside
- Isaiah Dunson should be a starter at Boundary
- Couch is a natural Nickel; interested to see what they do with Porter Jr when he gets on campus, he can play outside & inside
- Excited to see Jaden Harris get in the mix in Fall camp

Spring games don’t mean that much, just fun to watch for fans, gonna be a long season, still a work in progress.

What the heck is longer plays exactly?
I think he means big plays over the top of the defense. It could have been the vanilla play calling but it seems Gattis will run a dynamic ball control offense with tight ends, backs, and slot receivers an integral part of the pass game. The run game will be varied as well. Don’t think it necessarily a bad thing but certainly different than what we have seen last couple of years.

Advertisement
As expected this is a 8-9 win roster, that should be the goal. Our roster has a lot of holes in it and Mario has done his best to fill them but it's only year 1. WR,DL,LB and CB are all question marks but that's as expected. The transfers and Injured guys will help out a lot, we're still missing a lot of starters and key depth. It's difficult to judge a spring game because everything is very vanilla but we look very small on defense and not very fast.
LoL, so a one game improvement. Bull****.

LOL @ DJ Ivey haters! I brought my boys and there friend Riley Williams top TE in Oregon this year to the game and they wanted to focus on Miami’s DB’s and the Safety position. A lot of piling on even from the “insiders” regarding this young man. With his size, athleticism and what I saw today, there’s many on CIS this young man can literally tell to fck off 😂. Coaching matters.

On another note, Miami is recruiting 6-2 3* CB Demarcus Houston from West Albany High in Albany, Oregon. I’m just going to say that Mario and his staff are leaving NO stones unturned.
Ivey looked good as did the entire secondary. So happy for them. Obviously need better WR play but the new way of playing defense should help Ivey.

Was the Oregon TE that tall behemoth I saw today on the sidelines pre-game?

Advertisement
Back