Spring Spring PractiSe 15: Spring Game!!!!!!!

Advertisement
There’s no speculation when I’ve seen DVD pull him aside and pound his chest with words of encouragement
Yes, you are speculating that the kid is completely checked out and ready to hit the portal. That's totally speculation. Thanks for providing info that he seems to be down and not engaged, but you should have just left it at that instead of trying to manufacture drama.

Advertisement
Spring games don't matter that much. They are a show. The importance that fans attribute to the spring game is misplaced. The most important day of spring is the second scrimmage. The spring game is about simulating a game day from start to finish to get guys used to the procedure. How well someone plays can be concerning, but I wouldn't place too much stock into a few bad plays at the end of spring practice. Half the team is trying to figure out their plans to blow off steam this afternoon.

Advertisement
Neega **** you
9CA49AEA-35D5-4946-B1F9-8AC9847040B3.gif

Advertisement
Thoughts:

Pros:
- Oline. Solid Pass pro, which we've mostly had the last few years. But they've significantly upped their run-blocking performance. And the best part is we're still missing Rivers and Campbell. This group is gonna be solid for us, but we don't have depth at Tackle. Have to stay healthy at the OT spot.
- QBs. TVD was solid. Garcia is probably one of the best backups in the country. We're in good hands here.
- Coverage. Much improved coverage from our DBs. Couch looks like he's back to first year form. Avantae is a stud. Scheme is much sounder in the back 7. We should see big improvement here.
- Moss. He's going to be elite. Motor, twitch, length. He's got it all. Just needs to add some pounds. Some players develop faster than others. There's a chance he can put some weight on this summer and immediately contribute.

(I'm sure I missed some stuff but that's what stood out to me.

Cons:
- Passing Game/WRs. We had trouble completing throws more than 10+ yards down the field and I put much of the blame on the WRs (too early to say if playcalling will be an issue here, but something to keep any eye on). Doesn't seem like we have a deep threat right now. WRs all seem pedestrian and unable to separate, besides Restrepo.
- DL/Pass Rush. Small and pedestrian. Got their **** pushed in. Didn't really make many impact plays/didn't really pressure the QB on passing plays. I'll reserve judgment because I'm hoping we can get at least 2 starters/heavy rotational players out of Agude/Mesidor/JHH/Moss. The DL could look a lot different in the fall when these guys show up.
- LB. Again, just very pedestrian. Speed is lacking, as is game-impacting plays/performance. Flagg shouldn't see the field. Way too limited physically. Hopefully Chase Smith and UCLA transfer can help out here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Pros:
- Oline. Solid Pass pro, which we've mostly had the last few years. But they've significantly upped their run-blocking performance. And the best part is we're still missing Rivers and Campbell. This group is gonna be solid for us, but we don't have depth at Tackle. Have to stay healthy at the OT spot.
- QBs. TVD was solid. Garcia is probably one of the best backups in the country. We're in good hands here.
- Coverage. Much improved coverage from our DBs. Couch looks like he's back to first year form. Avantae is a stud. Scheme is much sounder in the back 7. We should see big improvement here.
- Moss. He's going to be elite. Motor, twitch, length. He's got it all. Just needs to add some pounds. Some players develop faster than others. There's a chance he can put some weight on this summer and immediately contribute.

(I'm sure I missed some stuff but that's what stood out to me.

Cons:
- Passing Game/WRs. We had trouble completing balls more than 10+ yards down the field. Doesn't seem like we have a deep threat right now. WRs all seem pedestrian and unable to separate, besides Restrepo.
- DL/Pass Rush. Small and pedestrian. Got their **** pushed in. Didn't really make many impact plays. I'll reserve judgment because I'm hoping we can get at least 2 starts/heavy rotational players out of Agude/Mesidor/JHH/Moss. The DL could look a lot different in the fall when these guys show up.
- LB. Again, just very pedestrian. Speed is lacking, as is game-impacting plays/performance. Flagg shouldn't see the field. Way too limited physically. Hopefully Chase Smith and UCLA transfer can help out here.
wr take sounds familiar. Hope we can get more help there in the portal.

Thoughts:

wr take sounds familiar. Hope we can get more help there in the portal.
we said the same thing last year and then Rambo/Harley stepped up. I am not giving up on this wr corp especially with Brinson coming back from injury. That being said, I am not against finding another wr via portal because im always for competition and stacking chips.

Advertisement
Back