Spring Spring PractiSe #15 SPRING GAME Saturday April 13 4 pm

Definitely need a RB in the portal because that room is šŸ„± Our best natural RB is a true freshman "tight end".
I heard we're getting a big fish though. Like championship caliber RB. šŸ¤žšŸ»

I thought the defense played well mostly, I just think Cam is a freakin' animal. There were plays that he made today that the defense simply couldn't do anything about. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
Fax

Advertisement
Ward is absurd. Dear god. There is ZERO reason for this team to not be very, very good.

I was 100.0% in favor of hiring Mario. Even with the recruiting honestly being a touch better than I excepted (and I expected greatness), his football coaching has been so atrocious, Iā€™m about 95% right now.

But thereā€™s no reason to not win with this kid and this roster. Dawson is good enough. Win 10 ******* games or there is something SERIOUSLY wrong here.

Ward is a fixer. Put him behind this line with this skill talent and add a portal back, maybe a WR. ZERO excuse. This kid is so ******* good.

Can he play Corner?

I hate the "force fed" narrative because every other QB he's played with has thrown him the ball at a similar rate.

News flash...
QB's look for their best receiver in the clutch.

Was Cam "force feeding" X today?
I wouldnā€™t say force fed just QB look more to the WR they trust the most X happens to be that. Others were open too but Tyler happened to sometimes maybe just go there to get the ball out. I will say Dawson got a bad rap for that last year. Guys were open and Tyler just never found them. Canā€™t wait to see what Cam does

Gimmicky offenses without fullbacks are an affront to manhood. Only through hard work ā€” and fullbacks ā€” can this team achieve its full potential.
Sooooooooo we're resigning Realus????????????
Sesame Street Elmo GIF
.. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
The point of the matter remains that guys had opportunities where they should have gotten targets, and TVD missed those. He missed them regularly, mostly because he lacked the ability to work through progressions. DCs were definately keying on X, mostly because they knew full well TVD was going to force it in, regardless of circumstance. Keep in mind, X isn't Calvin Johnson, he isn't Randy Moss, so when you are doing crazy stuff like throwing jump balls up for a guy with Xs build, it's a bit of a problem. The inability to successfully leverage personnel to full advantage was an issue last year, some of that was on Dawson, a lot of it was on TVD and his shortcomings.

Again, we can pretend that the young man wasn't being force fed, but anyone that watches the film could also see that he was placed in some terrible situations by a QB that couldn't be bothered to do the bare minimum expected of a P5 QB.
Hate to break it to you but every single football team in the world has open guys who the quarterback doesnā€™t see. But since our offense ONLY throws to one player, itā€™s incredible that Jacoby George had more receiving yards than any WR2 in UM history. Colbie young also had more yards than any WR3 in UM history. Imagine if they didnā€™t just throw to X every time.

Advertisement
Hate to break it to you but every single football team in the world has open guys who the quarterback doesnā€™t see. But since our offense ONLY throws to one player, itā€™s incredible that Jacoby George had more receiving yards than any WR2 in UM history. Colbie young also had more yards than any WR3 in UM history. Imagine if they didnā€™t just throw to X every time.
But the facts donā€™t support ā€œthe point of the materā€ lol

Donā€™t want to put too much stock into a spring game and it was hard to keep up but on first watch some people stood out for various reasons:

(Disclaimer just because I list someone doesnā€™t mean Iā€™m crowning them just random observations)

Cam and X obviously

Horton- heā€™s not a #1 but Colbie was a big loss so we need him to match that production

Markell Bell- I thought he was standing up straight and wasnā€™t ready on a couple of plays but heā€™s just that big

Wes Bissainthe- tough to just but he was very active in the run defense. He didnā€™t get knocked back by Lofton on a couple I saw

Popo- love this kid. He was good in coverage and he whalloped Lofton on one play. I think heā€™s got a shot to be ā€œnextā€

Lightfoot- heā€™s skinny but he just makes **** happen all the time

CWH- super tiny RB but I can see why he was so productive in high school. I know some were down on his commitment but he looks like he belongs

RayRay- heā€™s gonna be tough to bring down in the open field. Hated playing those smaller guys that ran with power

Pruitt- that kid can run man

Advertisement
Back