Spring Spring PractiSe #15 SPRING GAME Saturday April 13 4 pm

Advertisement
Time to hit the portal hard, we need difference makers at RB, WR, DT, S and CB and I would take a LG as well.

Cam Ward is special, don't waste it. This team has a good base but go out and get some elite talent on both sides of the ball and make a run for it this year.
Agreed, from what I can tell they need a big time RB, if not 2. Need more depth and ability on both interior lines, and secondary help. I'd only take a WR if it's a true 1, not a depth piece.

The fanbase been appreciating X, the issue was that the guy was being force fed last year, to the detriment of the offense. Even X would tell you, he was getting targets last year, when dudes were running free, mostly because TVD refused to move through progressions. Now, he will get a chance to play with a QB that will spread the ball around, making it more difficult for DCs to key on X. I expect him to be even more impactful this year, even if he doesn't have 85 catches again. It's going to be quality, instead of quantity for X this year.
I hate the "force fed" narrative because every other QB he's played with has thrown him the ball at a similar rate.

News flash...
QB's look for their best receiver in the clutch.

Was Cam "force feeding" X today?

He was purposefully getting force fed. Coaches want him to leave and the rest of the offense does not like him. His parents are loud and force him to have a relationship with the QB. The force feeding to break the record was all the impetus of coaches showing him he has nothing left to prove at Miami since he is the single season receiving yards record holder.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Advertisement
I'd throw out the entire team and just recruit everyone from scratch.

"Difference makers" sure, like they grow on trees ..

Not the whole team, I think we should take around 7 players in the spring portal and every one of them needs to be elite talent. Portal will be full of elite kids from different places looking for better NIL.

Not personal just business.

Advertisement
He was purposefully getting force fed. Coaches want him to leave and the rest of the offense does not like him. His parents are loud and force him to have a relationship with the QB. The force feeding to break the record was all the impetus of coaches showing him he has nothing left to prove at Miami since he is the single season receiving yards record holder.
Lmao.......

SS is an amazing talent to me. Not sure a QB anywhere in the country did more to help his team than he did. Even Daniels.
I didn’t believe in him but really watching it dude is legit. Maybe my ***** feelings on his dad were blinding me lol. Being dead *** honest, got to respect what sanders did for him

I hate the "force fed" narrative because every other QB he's played with has thrown him the ball at a similar rate.

News flash...

Was Cam force feeding X today?
Cam wasn't ignoring dudes running free to fit balls into X. Big difference, he was looking for open receivers and hitting them. Cam took some shots with X, which is what you want to do with your best guy, but he also had no problem working through progressions. The issue last year wasn't that TVD looked for him, it was that unless it was X, TVD didn't even know a receiver existed a lot of the time. I lost count how often Colbie, Jacolby and other receivers were out there just doing cardio, because TVD refused to read and react. There's a reason why the passing offense fell apart after a hot start, it was because teams realized 1)The next time TVD completes a pass against a zone will be the first time and 2)If you roll your coverage to X, the ball will be there, because TVD was dreadful at leveraging X as a decoy, to hit other guys. It's a minor miracle that George had the season he had last year.

Advertisement
Just got back from the game I thought the first teamers look good and the 2nd team offensive skill players look good. If i have a different take than people on here is that a true outside WR1 is still highly needed. I saw Restrepo by far and away be the best WR on the field. Horton and Jojo flashed but idk if they can be relied upon and may still be a year away from being WR1. A true WR1 would take this offense to the next level. Obviously a RB1 is needed.

The 2nd team defense feels very shaky in terms of depth and the amount of young pieces on it. Any huge injuries on the first team defense could greatly hurt this team.

Overall solid day and no injuries I would call that a win.

Now go and get me and we are COOKING:
CB2
WR1
RB1
Safety
DT

Advertisement

News flash...

Was Cam "force feeding" X today?
Its not a narrative. X was getting targets while doubled when George, Horton, Young, Parrish etc. were open. If you didn't see that then you are creating a narritive.

Cam wasn't ignoring dudes running free to fit balls into X. Big difference, he was looking for open receivers and hitting them. Cam took some shots with X, which is what you want to do with your best guy, but he also had no problem working through progressions. The issue last year wasn't that TVD looked for him, it was that unless it was X, TVD didn't even know a receiver existed a lot of the time. I lost count how often Colbie, Jacolby and other receivers were out there just doing cardio, because TVD refused to read and react. There's a reason why the passing offense fell apart after a hot start, it was because teams realized 1)The next time TVD completes a pass against a zone will be the first time and 2)If you roll your coverage to X, the ball will be there, because TVD was dreadful at leveraging X as a decoy, to hit other guys. It's a minor miracle that George had the season he had last year.
Nobody was rolling their coverage to X. 🙄
And no P5 defenses were leaving WR's running wide open.

Advertisement
Back