Spring PractiSe 12 - No Media Access and Interviews

Sometimes I just like to see grown men freak the fvck out... So I'm gonna tell y'all this. Cb#1. DJ Ivey. And its not close with rique hurt.

Shouldn't come as a surprise. Blades moved to a different position, Porter isn't on the field, the freshmen haven't arrived. So that leaves Ivey, Clarke, Dunson, Curtis and Couch. Cupboard is relatively empty. Let's see if he holds up come fall.

Advertisement
Haha I’m from Texas too so not being biased I just saw Cody got reps last year and hardly did anything. Not saying he can’t break out I just see Thad as more productive
I’m messing with you bro I’m really not a *** lol I agree he really didn’t do anything but my football wheels in my head get to turning as to why. It’s hardly ever cut and dry with me. I think this scheme is a better fit for him and he’ll have a great chance to show something

I’m messing with you bro I’m really not a *** lol I agree he really didn’t do anything but my football wheels in my head get to turning as to why. It’s hardly ever cut and dry with me. I think this scheme is a better fit for him and he’ll have a great chance to show something
Haha i knew you were playing it was funny but you’re right they’re reasons for it, how they were blocking up front is part of it. No doubt, I trust and respect you’re word and eye, more competition the better. I have a feeling with mirabel, rivers and Clark a year older, our run game is going to really take off this year. It will be fun too see how the rb room shakes out when everyone is healthy ( if everyone is healthy ). Add in citizen I actually think this rb room is top 5 in the country but I know I’ll get gutted for that probably lol

Haha i knew you were playing it was funny but you’re right they’re reasons for it, how they were blocking up front is part of it. No doubt, I trust and respect you’re word and eye, more competition the better. I have a feeling with mirabel, rivers and Clark a year older, our run game is going to really take off this year. It will be fun too see how the rb room shakes out when everyone is healthy ( if everyone is healthy ). Add in citizen I actually think this rb is top 5 in the country but I know I’ll get gutted for that probably lol
Citizen is the only one I seen in person and I think he wasn’t rated higher because of where he played. His comp was okay not great but I’m telling you he’s elite. I think he’s better than any Texas kid I seen that same year and he’s better than moss that’s at A&M now. He was a top 3 or 4 back in the nation

Advertisement
Sometimes I just like to see grown men freak the fvck out... So I'm gonna tell y'all this. Cb#1. DJ Ivey. And its not close with rique hurt.
What makes you say this? What is he showing in practice that leads you to believe he’s our best option?

Citizen is the only one I seen in person and I think he wasn’t rated higher because of where he played. His comp was okay not great but I’m telling you he’s elite. I think he’s better than any Texas kid I seen that same year and he’s better than moss that’s at A&M now. He was a top 3 or 4 back in the nation
Seems like the overwhelming opinion on him is if he gets enough carries this year he’s going to have to stay on field. Assuming he can pick up playbook/pass pro. When we signed him I forsure thought he was a redshirt candidate but that doesn’t seem to be the case

Last edited:
I trust you and I can’t wait. From the film I’ve seen I think he can be ready pretty early miami should have a loaded room if nobody transfers out

Advertisement
I wish I were an insider with direct knowledge of recruiting, player evals, practice and depth charts. All these pulled out of their *** opinions and such are mind blowing.

Haha I’m from Texas too so not being biased I just saw Cody got reps last year and hardly did anything. Not saying he can’t break out I just see Thad as more productive
I was hard on him last off season but Thad had a really good spring. He arrived in a lot better shape than last year. He‘ll Definitely have a role this season.

Advertisement
I was hard on him last off season but Thad had a really good spring. He arrived in a lot better shape than last year. He‘ll Definitely have a role this season.
It's not hard to imagine seeing yourself buried on the depth chart with coaches that seemed to like seniority and not be motivated to maintain peak shape.

What are you saying with this? Do you believe TVD is being overrated on CIS because he had the admittedly very important advantages of a great receiver and mediocre defenses?
We should probably curb our enthusiasm for TVD and not lay all the blame when/kf bad performances come.

While (IMHO) he is a huge upgrade over King (given what Miami is), he doesn't have elite OL and WR play to compliment nor does he have an elite D to bail him out...

yet...

I'm still concerned with Gattis trying to call plays with an OL that simply isn't up to par flr what he needs thereby derailing the whole O and TVD catching much of that blame.

I'm guardedly optimistic, but still very much "prove it".

Also get the feeling Garcia doesnt have "it" and this Jucurri cat is going to pass him.

Seems like the overwhelming opinion on him is if he gets enough carries this year he’s going to have to stay on field. Assuming he can pick up playbook/pass pro. When we signed him I forsure thought he was a redshirt candidate but that doesn’t seem to be the case
Oh no way. Too talented of a runner

Advertisement
That’s great news, thanks for the update! I’m excited to watch him this year, he kind of reminds of of la’veon bell when he first got to msu, similar frames and playing style in IMO. I know off topic but how’s TAC looking this spring?

Advertisement
Back