Official Spring PractiSe #10 - Tuesday, April 4

CB room is trash. How TF did we sign only 2 High school Corners?

We need to sign 2 transfer corners in May and 3-4 HS.
Well, we had a certain 5 star CB committed who would have started day 1 but we all know what happened there. I agree with your assessment that the CB room is garbage. There are some talented kids like Graves but there has been literally zero evidence of development.

We need to move Harris back to CB and hope Stafford is the truth. D$ says Robby Washington could be a good CB so I say move him if he is open to it. TeCoury Couch was a good player his freshman year and Daryl Porter is supposed to be looking good but they were both terrible last year so I have no clue what to expect from this Motley Crew come fall.

Advertisement
DVD, Michael Forman & sometimes Roland.

Suspicious Ferris Buellers Day Off GIF by MOODMAN

I've always thought he can be a playmaker. He has good instincts and is always around the ball. He's pretty good in both pass coverage and run coverage. My problem with him (and I think majority of us fans) is his stupid and frequent attempts at the shoulder tackles and him not hustling on some plays.
I think the shoulder tackles are bc of his shoulder injury

I think the shoulder tackles are bc of his shoulder injury
Or is his shoulder injury because of shoulder tackles??? I mean if you hit with your shoulder it's more likely to get hurt, right??? Don't get me wrong , I understand you mean he's compensating but it's more likely he's tackling in bad form and it got him injured....

At this point all I am hoping for is for this defense to be average in rankings, which is enough for now. We ranked in the 60s last season in DFEI.

Outside of that, I hope we have some form of pass rush, which would make the issues in the defensive backfield seem less obvious. Or that Malik Bryant and Aguirre get to terms with the defense as quickly as possible.

Seems like the offense has started to overtake the defense in practice. Not sure how good of a sign that is.

Advertisement
I keep saying we aren’t getting elite talent in the Portal because Mario isn’t stressing a Win now pitch. He’s stressing playing time and a chance to carve out a role on a “ bigger” stage ( Gore, Davante Brown,Porter, etc). Elite portal players want to win now, Mario thinks we are 5 years away from winning the Coastal

At this point all I am hoping for is for this defense to be average in rankings, which is enough for now. We ranked in the 60s last season in DFEI.

Outside of that, I hope we have some form of pass rush, which would make the issues in the defensive backfield seem less obvious. Or that Malik Bryant and Aguirre get to terms with the defense as quickly as possible.

Seems like the offense has started to overtake the defense in practice. Not sure how good of a sign that is.
We need to do something about the terrible blown coverages and mediocre secondary play. We were 11th in sacks per game and still gave up a ton of passing yards. Our corners have struggled covering anyone for a few years now.

How is a healthy Chaney one of the best running backs in the country? Where do our fans get this stuff?
Poorly phrased imo. Should be potential to be one of the best backs in the country. I really do this Chaney can be an All ACC back if he plays the whole year

Advertisement
Manuel Diaz took him over Patrick Peyton who is balling out at FSU.

I'm still ****ed about it.
Manny tried to keep that Columbus pipeline flowing and it busted. None of them will pan out unfortunately. Ryan Rodriguez I think will be hitting the portal after Spring. Haven’t heard a peep from him at all. Ishmael should be close behind once Wayne passes him on the depth chart.

We need to do something about the terrible blown coverages and mediocre secondary play. We were 11th in sacks per game and still gave up a ton of passing yards. Our corners have struggled covering anyone for a few years now.
Usually I'd say play two-high and make the offense checks its way down the field.

But then I remembered what we have at DT...

I keep saying we aren’t getting elite talent in the Portal because Mario isn’t stressing a Win now pitch. He’s stressing playing time and a chance to carve out a role on a “ bigger” stage ( Gore, Davante Brown,Porter, etc). Elite portal players want to win now, Mario thinks we are 5 years away from winning the Coastal
Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

Advertisement
It's not a grocery store. You can't just shop for whatever you want. The other guy has to be interested in coming here. It's why teams shouldn't overly rely on portal players to fill out their roster every year.
Correct. Transfer portal is good for plugging holes, not rebuilding entire breaches of the dam wall.

And you know all of this how?. Been on some recruiting trips with Mario?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back