Official Spring PractiSe #10 - Tuesday, April 4

I don't get how the onus for recruiting falls on a grad assistant. We have two DB coaches Addae and Guidry that will deserve far more blame.
DVD brings it upon himself with his social media presence. Plus all the local handlers and high school coaches repeatedly mention him as the guy communicating with them and the prospect the most aside from Mario himself. And Guidry although a former safety and safety coach technically isn’t responsible for the position here, but I do like how hands on he is with the group from what we’ve seen.

Advertisement
DVD brings it upon himself with his social media presence. Plus all the local handlers and high school coaches repeatedly mention him as the guy communicating with them and the prospect the most aside from Mario himself. And Guidry although a former safety and safety coach technically isn’t responsible for the position here, but I do like how hands on he is with the group from what we’ve seen.
If DVD continues to be the main communicator then I would blame Mario. He shouldn't have On-field coaches that can't carry there own weight. Addae needs to be the guy mentioned and DVD a solid #2.

If DVD continues to be the main communicator then I would blame Mario. He shouldn't have On-field coaches that can't carry there own weight. Addae needs to be the guy mentioned and DVD a solid #2.
The weight Addae seems to carry is more predicated by the on field safety play. I remember when DVD was CB coach under Manny that unit regressed weekly vs last year even within a mediocre overall scheme itself the safeties were actually showing improvement. I wouldn’t be surprised if after this year Addae gets ushered out so Guidry can take over safety and we find a new CB coach.

Advertisement
Anybody else find it concerning how we can bring guys in at a position of need and it still is a position of need? Lol you bring in 2 transfers in secondary and still need more help there. Linebacker, you bring in 1 from the portal and still need help. You bring in two defensive tackles and you STILL can use a couple more bodies at that position. The offensive side is pretty much the same thing. There were multiple guys in the portal that could have helped flip the roster but for whatever reason, they end up elsewhere and we take a bunch of undersized and meh transfers.

Anybody else find it concerning how we can bring guys in at a position of need and it still is a position of need? Lol you bring in 2 transfers in secondary and still need more help there. Linebacker, you bring in 1 from the portal and still need help. You bring in two defensive tackles and you STILL can use a couple more bodies at that position. The offensive side is pretty much the same thing. There were multiple guys in the portal that could have helped flip the roster but for whatever reason, they end up elsewhere and we take a bunch of undersized and meh transfers.
It's not a grocery store. You can't just shop for whatever you want. The other guy has to be interested in coming here. It's why teams shouldn't overly rely on portal players to fill out their roster every year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
This. Dumpster diving is not the way to portal.

fair question, but i'd say a lot of moving parts (replacing 7/10 coaches?) plays into not getting the real portal talent.

Portal is a stop-gap anyway; another strong recruiting class and we'll start to look like we should.

Last edited:
JW20 back! Now watch he make u *********** eat ur words now dat he’s healthy
I've always thought he can be a playmaker. He has good instincts and is always around the ball. He's pretty good in both pass coverage and run coverage. My problem with him (and I think majority of us fans) is his stupid and frequent attempts at the shoulder tackles and him not hustling on some plays.

Advertisement
Back