Spring practice

Advertisement
KJ’s gonna eat this year. I’d like to see Hightower emerge and take that 3rd WR spot so either JT or KJ(or both) can work some out of the slot.

Advertisement
Man the potential for this offense with Enos scheme and JT4, Osborn, Hightower, Wiggins, pope not to mention TE and backfield is incredible. My only concerns are whether we will have enough time and reps to gel and become efficient/effective over course of spring and off-season, and of course the elephant in the room, will we have a truly effective QB/leader who can run our new scheme like a champ? God willing, if it all comes together we in for a **** of a ride.

Obviously, you never know until they strap on the helmet but there's a lot to like about KJ Osborn. Buffalo didn't run the typical air raid offense you see at a lot of MAC schools where they throw 50 short passes a game and receivers catch a ton of balls but only average like 10 yards per catch. There was a lot of vertical throws and a pretty diverse route tree at Buffalo. I think Osborn can transition to P5 football a lot easier than most. I would not be surprised if he led the team in receptions this year.

Advertisement
Nice to hear Nigel Bethel is coming of age, reminds me of Malek Young being a former two way athlete but taller and slightly faster 🙌

Obviously, you never know until they strap on the helmet but there's a lot to like about KJ Osborn. Buffalo didn't run the typical air raid offense you see at a lot of MAC schools where they throw 50 short passes a game and receivers catch a ton of balls but only average like 10 yards per catch. There was a lot of vertical throws and a pretty diverse route tree at Buffalo. I think Osborn can transition to P5 football a lot easier than most. I would not be surprised if he led the team in receptions this year.

Actually only Toledo really runs an Air raid offense. Most MAC schools still operate in the 3 yards of dust offense.

Actually only Toledo really runs an Air raid offense. Most MAC schools still operate in the 3 yards of dust offense.
You are right. Most of the high octane offensive coaches in the MAC in recent years have left for better jobs. Teams like Northern Illinois and Bowling Green were offensive juggernauts in previous years but their coaches have all been poached by bigger programs.

Advertisement
You are right. Most of the high octane offensive coaches in the MAC in recent years have left for better jobs. Teams like Northern Illinois and Bowling Green were offensive juggernauts in previous years but their coaches have all been poached by bigger programs.

Never really knew Northern Illinois to be an offensive juggernaut. Under Dorean, Kill, and Carey, they was always a team that wanted to run the ball down your throat and play tough defense.

Advertisement
Back