"Spring Practice Primer: Miami Hurricanes"

TexCane

Sophomore
Chip Patterson, of CBSSports.com, yesterday posted... “Spring Practice Primer: Miami Hurricanes.”

“College football never ends, and during the next few weeks teams will be getting ready for the 2013 season in their spring practice sessions. Here's a look at the Miami Hurricanes and what they'll be working on this spring.”

READ MORE: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...67710/spring-practice-primer-miami-hurricanes

Tex

Advertisement
Interesting that this dude is under the impression Coley will try to keep the terminology from Fish the same but will abandon Fish's dink and dunk garbage that I hated. I tend to agree with this guy.

Advertisement
If there is a true commitment to a vertical passing attack every opponent outside of UF, FSU, & VT will be torched.

I'm cool with the new offense but let's not turn the ball over too much... that was one thing Jed was a master of - reducing QB ints.

Morris is the true leader of the team now and much more experienced -- it makes sense you'd try take advantage of your senior leader.

No mention of our new punter and kicker :(

I'm interested to see what Coley adds to the offense, it seems that Al has made it clear he likes What Jed implemented and that is going to be our blueprint. I would like to see him allow our massive OL take over games a little more often, let the big dogs set the tone, not get too fancy.

Interesting that this dude is under the impression Coley will try to keep the terminology from Fish the same but will abandon Fish's dink and dunk garbage that I hated. I tend to agree with this guy.

I hope he does a better job of calling run plays than Fisch did tbh.

Advertisement

The thing I'm looking for most on offense is improvement in the end zone...more push from the o line and better accuracy

-I think both will improve with an experienced o line and two dangerous tight ends

Plenty of good plays in Fisch's playbook, just seemed like Fisch didn't understand situations very well.

Advertisement
Coley can't go all whipple with the offense either and bomb it every play. We need a healthy balance.

Agreed, there was more flaws to Whipples offense than Fisch's imho but I still wish we would have put the running game as the most important when we had leads that we ended up ******** up.

Advertisement

I hope he does a better job of calling run plays than Fisch did tbh.

So do I. I hated the Andy Reid finesse run game under Fish.

I'm interested to see what Coley adds to the offense, it seems that Al has made it clear he likes What Jed implemented and that is going to be our blueprint. I would like to see him allow our massive OL take over games a little more often, let the big dogs set the tone, not get too fancy.

It appears that the writer has extrapolated from Coley's comments that we will be using more of a vertical passing attack instead of Fish's emphasis on the horizontal dinkery.

Plenty of good plays in Fisch's playbook, just seemed like Fisch didn't understand situations very well.

Fish was OK. There's plenty of room for improvement. It remains to be seen if Coley is the guy who can deliver that improvement. I think he will have to be incompetent to not have an offense will all these weapons and a QB who was playing as good as any QB in the country at the end of the season scoring a lot of points.

The thing I'm looking for most on offense is improvement in the RED zone...more push from the o line and better accuracy

-I think both will improve with an experienced o line and two dangerous tight ends

FIFY

Advertisement
Back