Spring Practice 4/3 - Early Portion Notes

View as article
He didn't say they weren't running corner routes. He said they were not running post routes, which they are not. He also said TE's typically dont run POST-Corner routes because they are slower developing and require more speed than the typical TE possesses.

THIS

Advertisement
The point is, you cant say that man was miscalling the routes when we are on tape running post corners with the TE's. We've scored TDs in Richts offense with TE posts and we weren't there to witness the part of practice Stefan was able to view to say that he miscalled what he saw.

The video is proof that these type of routes were ran and practiced. PERIOD.

How tf are you going to say that this isn't a corner? at the :40 sec mark?

you don't know shid about football. I don't care if you go to the games. how does that prove you know what you're looking at?

The catch Herndon made against UNC last year to break the game open was a deep post. So don't tell me we don't run them

If you know that we have two athletic TE's coming to bolster the group then you should also know that Richt is going to tweak his playbook and route combinations to that athleticism. So its smart to get ALL of the players acclimated to the routes and throws.

Again, you have no idea how Richt will tweak his offense to his personnel so don't act like you know exactly what the coach is thinking because his history of coaching comes with a plethora of different styles and schematics.

Quit while you're ahead. You don't know enough to argue with me.

You're googling what a corner route is before you reply. Sit the fuq down and read.

That is not a post corner route. You don’t know the difference and that’s okay. A deep post and a post corner are completely different. I said show me one time the TEs run a post corner route. You didn’t and you won’t find one. You lose. You can say whatever you want. You’re wrong. You’re mixing corner, deep post, and post corner. It’s comical at this point.

Loose, come on bro. ****, can I argue with him separately ? Im already in a separate debate with you.

Sheesh.
Not successfully, no, because the debate is not separate.

POST ROUTE:

post route-fb-8.jpg

POST-CORNER ROUTE:

post corner route-fb-7.jpg

CORNER ROUTE:

Corner Route 7.png

The point is, you cant say that man was miscalling the routes when we are on tape running post corners with the TE's. We've scored TDs in Richts offense with TE posts and we weren't there to witness the part of practice Stefan was able to view to say that he miscalled what he saw.

The video is proof that these type of routes were ran and practiced. PERIOD.

That’s not what was on tape. I already explained to you the exact definition of a post corner route. Why don’t you try searching it on YouTube. You can learn the differences. I know them after playing slot WR in a run and shoot offense.
The post corner wasn’t in the tape and it has never been run by the TE’s in this offense. Could it eventually be with Jordan and Mallory...maybe. It’d be awesome to see that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
At no point in that video did a TE run a post-corner. They each threw one corner route. The OP incorrectly called that a post route. It was a simple mistake. It wasn't that big a deal until you and others started trying to say that it is possible to run a post route to the corner. No. That's a corner or a post-corner, and if it the WR ends up in the corner of the end zone on the opposite the side of the field, he ran a slant route.

At no point in that video did a TE run a post-corner. They each threw one corner route. The OP incorrectly called that a post route. It was a simple mistake. It wasn't that big a deal until you and others started trying to say that it is possible to run a post route to the corner. No. That's a corner or a post-corner, and if it the WR ends up in the corner of the end zone on the opposite the side of the field, he ran a slant route.

It probably just means the WR broke off his route already and just kept running. Likely bc the play broke down.

It probably just means the WR broke off his route already and just kept running. Likely bc the play broke down.
That's a possibility, but we're discussing actual routes. Not scramble drills or busted plays. The three TE's all ran corner routes. Not post routes, not post-corners, and not busted plays or scramble drill/break offs.

I was agreeing that there is no actual route where the WR runs a corner from the opposite side of the field. You would have to keep your qb up for too long. I mean maybe if you are on the hash on the same side where the corner is, and he is slotted in real tight on the other side of the formation, but that still seems like a corner route to me. it is not an actual route bc it just doesn't make much sense to ever run it. So, if a WR "ends up in the corner of the end zone on the opposite side of the field," it is probably not bc it was designed that way.

Advertisement
I was agreeing that there is no actual route where the WR runs a corner from the opposite side of the field. You would have to keep your qb up for too long. I mean maybe if you are on the hash on the same side where the corner is, and he is slotted in real tight on the other side of the formation. But it is not an actual route bc it just doesn't make much sense to ever run it. So, if a WR "ends up in the corner of the end zone on the opposite side of the field," it is probably not bc it was designed that way.
Okay. Thanks for clarifying.

The above is 100% correct.

I was busting the OP’s balls because he’s our new guy. Loose is right, it wasn’t a big deal. The post was meant for a laugh. Most people took it that way based on the feedback. Cheers!

If you're lined up to the left and break to the left, that's a corner route. If you break towards the goalpost, that's a post. If you break across the middle of the field, it's a slant route.
We started this convo from the video of um qbs throwing to TEs ar the pylon. It wasn't abour the route tree or a definition of each route. You came in the middle of the convo and totally wandered off topic. Yea, i get you know some stuff with routes; kudos

Advertisement
We started this convo from the video of um qbs throwing to TEs ar the pylon. It wasn't abour the route tree or a definition of each route. You came in the middle of the convo and totally wandered off topic. Yea, i get you know some stuff with routes; kudos
I never strayed off topic. The topic is that @TrueFloridian correctly pointed out that the OP incorrectly referred to the routes the TE's were running as post routes.

Then you chimed in with this gem.

"The TEs may have been running a post from the opposite side of the formation that leads to the back corner of the endzone...dont know why you're so confused"

The TE's are clearly running standard corner routes to the left corner from the left side of the formation. I have no earthly idea why some of you have spent nearly 5 pages disputing something so patently obvious, but don't sit here and say that I am the one who derailed this thread.

I never strayed off topic. The topic is that @TrueFloridian correctly pointed out that the OP incorrectly referred to the routes the TE's were running as post routes.

Then you chimed in with this gem.

"The TEs may have been running a post from the opposite side of the formation that leads to the back corner of the endzone...dont know why you're so confused"

The TE's are clearly running standard corner routes to the left corner from the left side of the formation. I have no earthly idea why some of you have spent nearly 5 pages disputing something so patently obvious, but don't sit here and say that I am the one who derailed this thread.
I don't give a crap about the route, it wasn't that serious to come in and play route police. Go back to the very beginning. Op reported qbs overthrew balls to TEs. Then a video emerged and myself and others saw differently with sh1tty efforts on TEs behalf. Some stated, regardless of personnel a qb should make that throw against air. That was the original topic, not the route itself. You win, im tapping out on this one.

Advertisement
I don't give a crap about the route, it wasn't that serious to come in and play route police. Go back to the very beginning. Op reported qbs overthrew balls to TEs. Then a video emerged and myself and others saw differently with sh1tty efforts on TEs behalf. Some stated, regardless of personnel a qb should make that throw against air. That was the original topic, not the route itself. You win, im tapping out on this one.
And yet that's exactly what you did. Miserably.

Rosier might start this year, but I think Williams takes the job as soon as he's ready, and Richt just has enough.

Very possible. I don't want Rosier starting. I didn't mean to come off as that. Just what I feel will happen. Hope I'm dead wrong.

Advertisement
Back