Spring Practice #2

Nice to see the young bulls pushing the vets. We need our DTs to step up this year. If Ford, Nesta, and Miller play to their potential, we will have the best DL in the nation

source (1).gif

Advertisement
I wanna agree.

but this is spring ball.. mostly conditioning and installing the new offense and allow players to display if they’ve made mental jumps from the past season to project before fall camp

why over strain and drill them in spring ball and cause unneeded injuries putting them behind the ball come fall

Efficiency. You can still be efficient in the drill and no be over worked..

Even 2 stations would be better. I’ve seen the current being run at UM for a decade plus now. Our drills are slow and guys don’t get many reps.

It’s no wonder our guys still have issues tackling and why we come out asleep in games. The kids falling asleep during drills waiting

Even 2 stations would be better. I’ve seen the current being run at UM for a decade plus now. Our drills are slow and guys don’t get many reps.

It’s no wonder our guys still have issues tackling and why we come out asleep in games. The kids falling asleep during drills waiting

That’s like 4 different coaching regimes.

Observer error methinks.

Advertisement
Advertisement

ALL OF THIS.

Reggie wasn't a burner. What he DID do was run perfect routes and had great hands. I think people get far too caught up in 40 times when it comes to WRs. There are so many things that can't be measured with a stop watch.
Reggie Wayne ran a 4.45 at NFL combine.
Payton is fast like that. Redding will be.
Worsham gets a bad rap because of a 4.69 he ran after his hip injury, but if you saw the all-star practices he is way faster than that. I will bet he runs a 4.5-4.55 now.

Redding is not slow and people assume Worsham is from one mediocre camp 40 time.

I call them slow based on their tape. Or at least their speed doesn't stick out to me on tape. Their hands and propensity for making spectacular catches does stand out.

Advertisement
I kind of can't believe Campbell is playing LT. I like that he's being given a chance there but would prefer he stay at guard.

ESNENzSVUAAF15P
Can only hope he has upgraded his game.... he looked bad at RT last year

but sometimes an offseason with a bad taste in your mouth of failure pushes folks to put in the work to get better and to the level required. (Wouldnt be the first or last time going forward)

Advertisement
Yea you gotta think Justice is trying out all combinations at OL to see what guy fits best where

And that's precisely what you want him to do during Spring. Tinker with the combos all you want now so you know full well what you have to work with come Fall. The lineup shuffling Searles used to do throughout the **** season was shameful and moronic.

11 seconds for 1 rep...

You’d think we would 4 stations at a time for this drill.
Looks like the same station is set up in the distance. This is a tackling circuit and just about every team on earth does it in stations.

Does anyone else think our national 'ships could be placed a bit more prominently in the IPF and practice fields?

Advertisement
Back