Spring Practice #2

Advertisement
Not loving hearing that our OL is still getting worked lol and yes I understand it's only day 2. It's weird because on one hand you want to hear that our highly touted DL is beasting people, but on the other hand I would like to hear that our OL is stonewalling our talented DL. No win situation I guess.
I understand, but you have to also take into consideration there is no pads on, once the pads are on you can get a better look in how the OL is.

Advertisement
Diaz Worsham, Jerry Payton and Mike Redding might be slow but they're all smooth athletes with great hands. Our WRs can't all be Reggie Wayne or Andre Johnson, but just catch the **** ball and we'll love you for it.
Reggie wasn't a burner. What he DID do was run perfect routes and had great hands. I think people get far too caught up in 40 times when it comes to WRs. There are so many things that can't be measured with a stop watch.

Advertisement
When two questions were asked at once, Lashlee had a simple response.

“I can do two at once, let’s go,” the first-year coordinator said, quipping “You have to have a run-pass option!”

Humor aside, it’s a big task for this offense to adjust to new plays and a new tempo.

“That’s hard, a culture shock,” Lashlee said. “Throw them into the deep end, let them figure it out. The whole idea is for it not to be confusing. … If we can get it to where they’re reacting and playing fast mentally, then their ability takes over.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1st Team OL

LT: Campbell
LG: Traore
C: Gaynor
RG: Scaife
RT: Herbert

2nd Team OL

LT: Hillery
LG: Rivers
C: Clark
RG: Reed
RT: Nelson

I like this. There needs to be competition at every position.

11 seconds for 1 rep...

You’d think we would 4 stations at a time for this drill.
I wanna agree.

but this is spring ball.. mostly conditioning and installing the new offense and allow players to display if they’ve made mental jumps from the past season to project before fall camp

why over strain and drill them in spring ball and cause unneeded injuries putting them behind the ball come fall

Advertisement
Back