Spring Practice #1 Updates

Advertisement
Every video, sounds like someone is screaming at the top of their lungs. And I love it.
Yep. Intense. Sense of urgency. Little wasted time between drills. I'm digging it.

/Going off 34 secs of clips, Coach Stubbs is gonna be a pleasant surprise

YxbxdJ.gif

A brand new board "insider" I suppose for the 2019 season

Can not have enough of those.

It don't come from Whoop - I don't hear it.

There was a clip of Tate martell passing to Wiggins and he didn’t finish the play after the catch, you can hear someone scream “HEY” at the end and based off reports that was Stubb yelling at him to finish so kudos to Stubb keep it consistent tho lol
Moreover he ran a poor route. He should be getting flat down that line not . Because he didn't your giving the DB a chance to break on that ball. And to your point the wide receiver has to get quick choppy feet to stop momentum and FINISH UP FIELD!

Advertisement
Again you have no clue what your talking about. There not going to just plug in transfers as starters. If they did that it would divide the locker room. LOL rookie. Let it play out.
ALL HAIL TO THE OMNISCIENT ONE!! We are not worthy to be in your presence. Funny how KJ Osborn was running with the 1s and the locker room got divided.

• All three quarterbacks took reps with the first team offense, but it was N'Kosi Perry who took the very first reps. Perry had the best showing of the the quarterbacks during 7-on-7 work, dropping beautiful deep balls to Brian Hightower (against the third team defense) and hitting Mike Harley in stride (against the second team defense). Perry clearly has the most arm talent of the group.

• Jarren Williams got the second reps with the first team offense and looked solid working the intermediate passing game. Williams did a nice job of getting the ball out quick. Williams does look like he has slimmed down some from last season.

• Tate Martell started the practice with some jitters, throwing wobbly and inaccurate balls at the beginning. As the practice progressed, however, Martell got comfortable and made some nice throws on out-routes and comeback routes.

• One of the things we noticed about the offense during the portions we could watch was that offensive coordinator Dan Enos is installing plenty of pre-snap motion with the tight ends and receivers. There also seemed to be plenty of vertical routes that were thrown. Enos also mixed up his formations showing two receivers and two tight end sets along with three receivers and one tight end sets.

• A lot of the receivers were pretty interchangeable in terms of lining up at the three different receiver positions in the offense. For instance: Mike Harley lined up at both outside receiver spots and also in the slot. The same could also be said for transfer K.J. Osborn.

• Speaking of Osborn, he certainly looks the part as a veteran receiver with a strong build. Osborn runs good routes and appears to be a good practice player with his eagerness to line up quickly and start drills.

• Of the freshman newcomers, wide receiver Jeremiah Payton looks the most like he can compete at the college level from a physical standpoint. Payton looks strong and long and fits in physically with the rest of the receiver group.

• D.J. Ivey probably had the most impressive showing of the cornerbacks during the portion that we could watch. During one-on-ones, Ivey recorded two pass break-ups while the rest of the cornerback group didn’t have much success with stopping the receivers. Ivey started the spring working with the second team defense and will be competing with Al Blades Jr. for a starting job opposite of Trajan Bandy.

• During the one-on-one drills, it was evident why Gilbert Frierson was moved to striker. He isn't the most comfortable covering man-to-man on an island.

• Tight end Will Mallory looks like he has added nice size.

• This is nothing really all that new, but it is hard to not notice Gregory Rousseau with his length and size. He is an imposing defensive end.

• Cam’Ron Davis did a nice job of running routes and showed some soft hands during the media viewing portion.

• Strength and conditioning coach Dave Feeley was a big part of practice as he helped organized players getting on and off the sideline. He is much more involved in practice compared to the last strength regime.

Love the eye witness report. Thanks!!

Advertisement
Props and I appreciate anybody who gives us updates. I'm yearning for some Hurricanes and this will satiate me for the time being!

I'm curious about JT4...what's he up to? How's he looking out there? Also curious about the rest of the DLine (Nesta, Miller, Garvin, Ford, etc)?

Also, what the freshman look like? Heard about Payton, what about Couch? Matocha?

Appreciate it in advance ya'll

Advertisement
Props and I appreciate anybody who gives us updates. I'm yearning for some Hurricanes and this will satiate me for the time being!

I'm curious about JT4...what's he up to? How's he looking out there? Also curious about the rest of the DLine (Nesta, Miller, Garvin, Ford, etc)?

Also, what the freshman look like? Heard about Payton, what about Couch? Matocha?

Appreciate it in advance ya'll
Couch and Matocha aren’t there yet I don’t think

Advertisement
Yep. Intense. Sense of urgency. Little wasted time between drills. I'm digging it.

/Going off 34 secs of clips, Coach Stubbs is gonna be a pleasant surprise
Yep looks like he's following through with drills. He has a lot of eyes on him though because of the WR struggles last year

Was about to post the same.

He has the most physical talent in the Qb room. Just needs to put it together upstairs.
Easier said than done for a guy stupid enough to post his own *** tape on social media.

No it wasn't leaked, this borderline ****** posted it himself.

Yeah, it is pretty safe to assume that Perry won't be able to grasp all of Enos' offense.

If Tate doesn't get his waiver, we are fvcked!

Lets hope this year's Williams is better than the guy who couldn't beat out Perry and Rosier last season.

Advertisement
Back