Spring Game Question

Our own stadium isn't available lol.

We really, really need our own 45-50k seat stadium.

Advertisement
Students don’t show up for the hurricane basketball games which are on campus. It may be the worst turnout In power 5 b-ball. Everyone should embrace hard rock at this point. They did a great job with the stadium and we should be happy to be there.

The basketball team sucks. Students would support a winner.

Our own stadium isn't available lol.

We really, really need our own 45-50k seat stadium.
The closest we ever had to having our own stadium was the OB. People can offer all the excuses they want, but when we were winning, they had to add seats in the end zone to handle the demand for tickets. We had a lot of games that had bad attendance also, but when an important game was scheduled, ticket demand was up. Location of the stadium didn't matter. Long lines for food, drinks and restrooms didn't matter. The student section would be full. Traffic before and after the game didn't matter. Finding a place to park didn't matter.

I had to use a ticket broker for some games because of demand. Whether or not the stadium holds 45K or 65K you are going to have games where only 25K or maybe even less show up. Even if the stadium was on campus. Chances are that because you couldn't have alcohol sold at an on campus stadium, even less people would show up. All you have to do is look in the Alcohol Free sections at Hard Rock. There are usually open seats.

Advertisement
So you only reference their best year. Are you not aware they won plenty from 2013-2017? Student attendance was not good overall.

Man, I've given up trying to reason with these folks. The poverty mentality of the third world runs so deep in South Florida that no amount of reasoning or logic can snap them out of it.

They don't have the entrepreneurial, "go getter" spirit of the rest of America - they're just consumed with limiting thoughts of all the things they believe can't be accomplished or can only be accomplished by some mythical elite class.

I guess when your family has been under the thumb of Fidel Castro or Hugo Chavez or all the other oppressors of this world for multiple generations, it just beats you down. The ones who can overcome it are special, but most South Floridians have no sense of industry, and it's kind of sad for them. It will be a few more generations until they realize that in this country, anything is possible as long as the will to accomplish is there.

Out of 130 schools in division 1, Miami is one of a small handful that doesn't have a stadium on campus. It's actually a pretty natural thing for fans of this team to demand an on-campus stadium. These people have just been taught their whole lives never to question anything and to keep their heads down, and so that's what you're seeing.

At least I can tell the difference between lakes

Advertisement
Back