Spring Game Question

Advertisement
The former site of Miami Arena sits completely empty as of today.

Could easily build a 40-50k stadium on those grounds.

Ideal location. Bring back the urban guerrilla, no-blockee and I'll watch your car for $5 mayhem that made the OB scary to visitors

Ideal location. Bring back the urban guerrilla, no-blockee and I'll watch your car for $5 mayhem that made the OB scary to visitors

I always loved watching the Gaytor and SemenHole fans uttering ethnic slurs under their breath...allllll that racism would just get exposed once those soft pvssies were outside of their "college town" comfort zone, and they were baking on the hot streets of Miami.

Advertisement
Because we’re the only big time university with no on campus stadium.

Because we play our games in a rented stadium.

Because even high schools in South Florida have football stadiums, but not UM.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe most all the college powerhouse programs conduct their respective spring games at one of the local high school football stadiums.

We play in one of the best Venues in all of sports , if we win games the stadium will be packed remember in 2017 when we played VT and notre dame the stadium was rocking , a big advantage for us and its a beautiful stadium as well Super Bowl this year and national championship game next year , we just got to win , Miami a fair weather city when it come to sports.

I remember going to a bunch of Heat games in Wade's rookie season and the attendance was weak. By the time the playoffs came around the arena was packed with a bunch of dopes who couldn't name the Heat's starting lineup. Still one of the best seasons as a fan of the Heat I experienced. That season directly led to the Shaq trade....those guys played hard that season....just didn't have enough for the Pacers in round 2.

Advertisement
Many on campus stadiums suck. For example, the Swamp is horrible for comfort. The old Orange Bowl was more comfortable. At the Swamp they mark lines on the bleacher benches that put fans so close together it is distracting and hard to enjoy the games. The facilities rival the old OB too as does the parking in private yards and access is worse than the old OB with few escape routes out of the area.
Winning at the Rock will raise attendance and problem solved. For the price and facility our games at Hard Rock are a bargain and when winning every game will be like when we play FSU or ND, loud and raucous.

Ross makes FOUR MILLION a year off of Canes football.

THINK about that for a minute.

Now I don’t know if it can be done. I just know money wise if it can be done, you do it!

Stadiums generate LOTS of money for the program and last time I checked, UM sports could use it.

Honestly, Miami is bleeding money left and right. How things are handled, lately....it’s very short sighted. In order to be successful, you GOTTA think at least 3 steps ahead. This is the earning power of having your own stadium, and this easily could’ve been us, from what multiple ppl have said (and I’m not talking about posters on here)

Honestly, Miami is bleeding money left and right. How things are handled, lately....it’s very short sighted. In order to be successful, you GOTTA think at least 3 steps ahead. This is the earning power of having your own stadium, and this easily could’ve been us, from what multiple ppl have said (and I’m not talking about posters on here)

Yup, but nobody wants to argue that point. Instead guys just rather talk about how nice, or how state of the art and loud sun life is. Granted, those are important but it’s always about the MONEY. UM will NEVER fully MAXIMIZE their revenue potential as long as they have to give money to Ross to use it. UM will never get revenue for OTHER use of the stadium (concerts etc). That’s a lot of money.

Advertisement
Yup, but nobody wants to argue that point. Instead guys just rather talk about how nice, or how state of the art and loud sun life is. Granted, those are important but it’s always about the MONEY. UM will NEVER fully MAXIMIZE their revenue potential as long as they have to give money to Ross to use it. UM will never get revenue for OTHER use of the stadium (concerts etc). That’s a lot of money.

My friend, u r preaching to the choir. Ppl wanna talk about logistics and all this bull chit....bull chit. Short sighted thinking. Unfortunately the fan base have been conditioned to think small as well.

Yep, should have bought the OB from City of Miami when they were bankrupt.

Could have used the parking lots for satellite parking for the Med School.

Tad Foote had 15 years to get things done (from the time the Dolphins moved out), but he did nothing.

The Spring Game will be held at:

11380 NW 27th Ave, Miami, FL 33167
Most important question is, will it be televised? I seriously think the last time was '13 and that was only streaming on ESPN 3, back in the day of plugging in the laptop to the HDMI on the TV. FFS

Advertisement
Yep, should have bought the OB from City of Miami when they were bankrupt.

Could have used the parking lots for satellite parking for the Med School.

Tad Foote had 15 years to get things done (from the time the Dolphins moved out), but he did nothing.

Big facts; so I’m not really interested in hearing how broke we are or how we can’t compete w the big boys, financially, when we had a yuge window of opportunity to take advantage of, completely capitalize and monopolize on our success and we completely f’d up. Now we looking from donors and boosters to help w everything.

I’ll say this about Clemson; they have COMPLETELY taken advantage of this recent run of success....continuing to reinvest in the program. Bama did the same thing w Saban at the helm. UGA now w Kirby. TCU w Patterson. Baylor during The Briles years. Scared money never makes money. We need our own stadium to make that money. Giving up $4m/yr to Ross is not the biz.

Big facts; so I’m not really interested in hearing how broke we are or how we can’t compete w the big boys, financially, when we had a yuge window of opportunity to take advantage of, completely capitalize and monopolize on our success and we completely f’d up. Now we looking from donors and boosters to help w everything.

I’ll say this about Clemson; they have COMPLETELY taken advantage of this recent run of success....continuing to reinvest in the program. Bama did the same thing w Saban at the helm. UGA now w Kirby. TCU w Patterson. Baylor during The Briles years. Scared money never makes money. We need our own stadium to make that money. Giving up $4m/yr to Ross is not the biz.
Tunnel vision from the money people...

Most important question is, will it be televised? I seriously think the last time was '13 and that was only streaming on ESPN 3, back in the day of plugging in the laptop to the HDMI on the TV. FFS
That's where the school should be proactive, they could very easily Livestream the Spring game on Canesallaccess YTube, they wouldn't even need a professional film crew to do it either.

And it's not like there's any rules against it or anything, it's strictly up to the AD & HC if they wanted it to happen.

But for whatever reason they just don't do it, our Spring games are never filmed because they don't want it, not because it's impossible for them to do.

I feel for the fans that can't make it to the Spring game in person & have to rely on second hand info reports which is rarely ever accurate & almost always spun with an agenda lol.

Advertisement
Back