Spring game on campus now?

If you hangry bro… Go get a snickers!

My response was for all fans that continuously have something to complain about with the football program. Facts are UM is finally supporting the football program like a legit program. Resources for not only staff/facilities/nutrition and housing. Mario is putting in more work than any coach in 20 years. I’ve made my concerns with the him clear and expect drastic improvement. He may not be the guy but my main criticism is fans hating on him like he personally stole their lunch money.

There has to be a reason for this. Hard Rock was out of the question logistically. Maybe the administration feels with added bleachers they can make a fan conducive environment as good as Traz and still showcase all of their on campus improvements/plans to prospective recruits/families.

I do assure you administration and staff didn’t personally pick Cobb to ****** up your personal trip. And if you google, you can read exactly what we know.

I find the “fans hating on him like he personally stole their lunch money” comment interesting given some of the posters you given shout outs and their history of hating on a coach relentlessly…

There are very few posters here that hate Mario … but many that hate being 12-13 and losing games we should win due to coaching…

Advertisement
You're misunderstanding me slightly. The root issue here is FIRST AND FOREMOST spring games are for recruits and their families. That's a fact that's not up for debate. It just is what it is. There's a reason we do 3-4 spring games each spring. 1-2 always will be on campus and the remainder spread out between dade,Broward & palm beach. That's just what it is brother. You say we need customers and you're absolutely right. But #1 we're not some sec powerhouse in some rural college town with nothing else going on. We're not bama,we're not oklahoma,texas,Ole Miss etc. No matter what we do we're not gonna get 50-100k fans who come out to support whatever product we put on the field. The ones who will, well in the spirit of calling them customers, that would make recruits the merchandise I suppose. What customers want to spend time and money on a below average product? We prioritize recruits with these events because theirs limitations on schools abilities to get everyone on campus together. This is necessary. Fans get to tag along. But it's far more important we have showcase events for our recruits whenever possible then it is to have a gathering for our fans that brings in minimal revenue.
Blah .... Blah ... Blah ...

Best spring game I ever watched was the Spring of 2001. Holy wow. Willis Mcgahee was the ghost of OJ Simpson. Our defensive backfield was full of freaks and Sean Taylor and Rolle weren't even in it yet. The track stands/bleachers were about 372 degrees. Immediately to Nixon Beach on the boat afterward. Life was good.
If that's the one at the OB when Sean Taylor got in a fight with Kellen Winslow Jr. then yes that was one of the best ever. They were thumping that day.

Advertisement
Blah .... Blah ... Blah ...
Deer Hunting GIF by CATCHIN' DEERS

Best spring game I ever watched was the Spring of 2001. Holy wow. Willis Mcgahee was the ghost of OJ Simpson. Our defensive backfield was full of freaks and Sean Taylor and Rolle weren't even in it yet. The track stands/bleachers were about 372 degrees. Immediately to Nixon Beach on the boat afterward. Life was good.
I’ll counter that with the worst one i ever watched was the famous punter Monroe as WR game, along with tons of walkons.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back