Spring game on campus now?

Advertisement
I usually agree with your takes but not when it comes to fan support. This isnt intramural sports, college football is now a business and as such they need customers (regardless of if a lot of them are idiots). Big events should not be focused only on recruits, its an opportunity to reach your end user and gain more interest in the product.

Cant treat fans like an unwanted nuisance then turn around and ask the same people to support the team when its convenient to you.
Increasingly in certain content fields, you can. I’ll throw a wrestling analogy at you - if WWE were to drop to zero fans in attendance they would still be pulling in nine figures in profit per year by virtue of long term content deals.

Fans of super Mario unite!

I asked for details and my statement is accurate. “The Spring Game” is one game, not a series of games… cut the bull**** semantics games…

and I was on campus last week, so I know exactly what the campus has to offer… I was looking for details for this change of plans to see if I can figure out driving down with my daughter… since it’s not exactly convenient

And yes, at 12-13, a ****** baseball program and two basketball teams that took a step back, Miami Athletics should be making it as easy as possible to be involved, not more difficult… which is why I am asking you super fans for the details…since I like it being on campus...

If you hangry bro… Go get a snickers!

My response was for all fans that continuously have something to complain about with the football program. Facts are UM is finally supporting the football program like a legit program. Resources for not only staff/facilities/nutrition and housing. Mario is putting in more work than any coach in 20 years. I’ve made my concerns with the him clear and expect drastic improvement. He may not be the guy but my main criticism is fans hating on him like he personally stole their lunch money.

There has to be a reason for this. Hard Rock was out of the question logistically. Maybe the administration feels with added bleachers they can make a fan conducive environment as good as Traz and still showcase all of their on campus improvements/plans to prospective recruits/families.

I do assure you administration and staff didn’t personally pick Cobb to ****** up your personal trip. And if you google, you can read exactly what we know.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
You do realize a ton of recruits will be in attendance like last year. Most schools have the privilege of having it be an unofficial visit to campus—this is our way of doing the same. After the game they will be all around the Hecht and Soffer Facility. They’ll probably bring in a few more bleachers and students will be able to come down and watch the scrimmage standing as well. Will be small, but you know it will be well-coordinated for the recruits to give them a little taste of the Coral Gables life they could be living for 3-4 years.

But of course we default to negativity.
We have a ton of idiots in the fanbase, nothing new. I'm convinced that a loud minority of our fans live to whine about EVERYTHING the school does, warranted or not. Considering that most of our fans can barely make their way to Hard Rock for regular season games, using the spring game as an additional on campus recruiting event makes a ton of sense. Leveraging it for our high dollar donors, the student body and the recruits makes sense. Never mind the fact that it's very likely the game will be aired live ANYWAY, so you can watch from home if you want.

We have a ton of idiots in the fanbase, nothing new. I'm convinced that a loud minority of our fans live to whine about EVERYTHING the school does, warranted or not. Considering that most of our fans can barely make their way to Hard Rock for regular season games, using the spring game as an additional on campus recruiting event makes a ton of sense. Leveraging it for our high dollar donors, the student body and the recruits makes sense. Never mind the fact that it's very likely the game will be aired live ANYWAY, so you can watch from home if you want.
Can you at least throw a party that day and we can all come over early and tailgate before we watch the game at your place bro? Maybe make it a BYOB and appetizers.

Advertisement
Is this really that big of a deal? They used to have the spring game at greentree/cobb through the 90s and into the 00s iirc.
Best spring game I ever watched was the Spring of 2001. Holy wow. Willis Mcgahee was the ghost of OJ Simpson. Our defensive backfield was full of freaks and Sean Taylor and Rolle weren't even in it yet. The track stands/bleachers were about 372 degrees. Immediately to Nixon Beach on the boat afterward. Life was good.

Has there been any info published about how we can get tickets to the spring game yet? I went to my online account and didn't see anything.

Probably stupid question and siap but I’m assuming it won’t be televised anywhere right?

Advertisement
Back