Highlights Spring Game Highlights

Advertisement
I’m crazy excited about the future, but those highlights seemed pretty pedestrian for a Miami offense. Do we lack gamebreakers as much as that made it seem? I know Knighton and Chaney are out but just didn’t see much burst anywhere.

Thank you for making that gif of Dunson, that was textbook Redzone coverage, the way he played to the outside hip off inside leverage & then came underneath playing through the WR’s hands to bet the PBU.

Really liked what I saw from Dunson, IMO he should be the starter at Boundary.
It was good to see Dunson and Couch (seemed confident again) play well yesterday.

A top 5 at CB of Stevenson, Dunson, Porter, Couch, and Ivey is pretty legit. And, it gives the 3 freshmen time to develop.

Parrish showing off vision and burst:

View attachment 182247

Jake Garcia looking off two reads before throwing a dart to Thad for a big gain. This was special IMO:

View attachment 182261

Isaiah Dunson locking down Frank Ladson in underneath man coverage to prevent a TD:

View attachment 182263

James Williams giving a Arroyo an old fashioned slap. Was called a flag, but it's still funny:

View attachment 182264

Cyrus Moss beating McLaughlin:

View attachment 182266

Chris Washington -- Looking like he's a year out still -- getting spun on by a walk-on:

View attachment 182267

Thomas Davis' first step and dip, beating Chris Washington:

View attachment 182268

McLaughlin (right tackle) missing his assignment, setting up the TFL and big hit by Gil:

View attachment 182269

Gilbert Frierson stacking and shedding to win the edge against Zion Nelson. ****!:

View attachment 182270

Jordan Miller with a nice swim over Jalen Rivers to hurry the QB:

View attachment 182271
Gil in his money year he ready to break out

Advertisement
I’m crazy excited about the future, but those highlights seemed pretty pedestrian for a Miami offense. Do we lack gamebreakers as much as that made it seem? I know Knighton and Chaney are out but just didn’t see much burst anywhere.

I was thinking the same. If TVD had connected on 1-2 of his deep throws it would be perceived different. And Mario said the offense would be vanilla and it was.

And speed doesn't seem to be the forte of Parrish and Franklin, but they still were somewhat efficient moving the sticks; that did impress me.

Short answer, yes. When your best skill players on the field are TEs its hard to find "Miami speed." Rooster coming back will definitely help. Anything we get from Chaney is a plus at this point. We desperately need speed and wiggle at WR.

Those play with our backup OTs are why every other post on the recruiting board is a mammoth OT visiting Miami.

Washington and McLaughlin will almost certainly never play here.

Y'all arent going to like this ..but 22 looked slow and fell down too easily in his runs. We need knightong and chaney to be healthy
you're not wrong, and the rumors about being somewhere else next season make sense after seeing him yesterday. He doesn't make the most of running plays..

I'm not saying he should be the starter, but at the same stage, he's miles ahead of where Gus Edwards was.

And as Thad's body matures and develops, it going to be fun having a 230+ pound swiss army knife. He caught the ball very well yesterday and he made the most of short yardage situations.

Thad has a ways to go, but he has a high ceiling if he can put it all together.

Advertisement
Those play with our backup OTs are why every other post on the recruiting board is a mammoth OT visiting Miami.

Washington and McLaughlin will almost certainly never play here.

It's hard to be optimistic with those two and not sound crazy lol.

They could start by gaining 20 pounds each and developing a better punch. Both are woefully thin.

I'm not saying he should be the starter, but at the same stage, he's miles ahead of where Gus Edwards was.

And as Thad's body matures and develops, it going to be fun having a 230+ pound swiss army knife. He caught the ball very well yesterday and he made the most of short yardage situations.

Thad has a ways to go, but he has a high ceiling if he can put it all together.
I will say I did like the receiving ability shown.

Advertisement
Back