Spring Game at the Mecca

Advertisement
I think this is a great Idea and should be implemented every year.

this is just dumb. Our marquee recruiting event of the spring and we’re going to show off Traz? U sure you’re not Blake James?
yeah who needs to have our spring game where the super bowl was just held and is the site for the national championship. Yep, OOS rather experience Traz Powell. Smdh

Advertisement
this is just dumb. Our marquee recruiting event of the spring and we’re going to show off Traz? U sure you’re not Blake James?
yeah who needs to have our spring game where the super bowl was just held and is the site for the national championship. Yep, OOS rather experience Traz Powell. Smdh

Yes, lets show off Hardrock infront off 2000 people

Also you must have missed it that Hard Rock is in use that weekend

Rhetorical question: how hard is it to include terms in the lease agreement holding a single Saturday in April for this game... or to put one's face in a calendar and request a hold for the 3rd Saturday of April in perpetuity? Maybe then other **** wouldn't get booked.

On the field that our former sponsor’s logo is all over the place. I’m sure Adidas is happy about this. Lol

Advertisement
Rhetorical question: how hard is it to include terms in the lease agreement holding a single Saturday in April for this game... or to put one's face in a calendar and request a hold for the 3rd Saturday of April in perpetuity? Maybe then other **** wouldn't get booked.

Lord knows we pay enough. Not sure y this language is not apart of the lease.

Yes, lets show off Hardrock infront off 2000 people

off course I knew it was in use. Our brilliant AD couldn’t find another date?. You don’t livehere right? Cause last time we held the spring game at the Rock it was a huge success and lots of people showed up.

It's all about money. We don't draw enough for a Spring game to justify the operating cost of opening Phins place. I don't know why this is such a hard thing for people to understand, in particular when it's a free to attend event. What would be the incentive for the owner of the stadium or us who would have to fit the bill?

It's all about money. We don't draw enough for a Spring game to justify the operating cost of opening Phins place. I don't know why this is such a hard thing for people to understand, in particular when it's a free to attend event. What would be the incentive for the owner of the stadium or us who would have to fit the bill?

A lower draw means much lower operating costs. You don't need to staff the stadium the same for a 5K attendance spring game as a 40K regular season game. Besides, it should be rolled into the lease agreement. Steven Ross makes over $4M annually on that lease. That should have been incentive enough for Mr. Ross.

On the Canes side, people often forget the Spring game is a recruiting event. In this recruiting climate, playing our Spring game on a field high school kids play on sends the wrong message.

Not looking like a low-rent program during a recruiting event. That should be UM's incentive.

Advertisement
off course I knew it was in use. Our brilliant AD couldn’t find another date?. You don’t livehere right? Cause last time we held the spring game at the Rock it was a huge success and lots of people showed up.
It was great in '18 I was able to walk around the whole stadium and see the views from every area

A lower draw means much lower operating costs. You don't need to staff the stadium the same for a 5K attendance spring game as a 40K regular season game. Besides, it should be rolled into the lease agreement. Steven Ross makes over $4M annually on that lease. That should have been incentive enough for Mr. Ross.

On the Canes side, people often forget the Spring game is a recruiting event. In this recruiting climate, playing our Spring game on a field high school kids play on sends the wrong message.

Not looking like a low-rent program during a recruiting event. That should be UM's incentive.

Again, money. Even a skeleton crew costs more than its worth. Crowd size on a facility that literally is hundreds and hundreds of millions dollars has little bearing on what staff is needed.

Should it be part of the lease, they can talk about that. How much is a free recruiting / fan event worth? 150k? I don't think so, they don't either apparently.

Again, money. Even a skeleton crew costs more than its worth. Crowd size on a facility that literally is hundreds and hundreds of millions dollars has little bearing on what staff is needed.

Should it be part of the lease, they can talk about that. How much is a free recruiting / fan event worth? 150k? I don't think so, they don't either apparently.
And this, among many other things, is why Miami will continue to fall further and further behind.

Advertisement
And this, among many other things, is why Miami will continue to fall further and further behind.

Possibly, but we never had the draw that others had for their Spring games. In the information age, maybe it's more visible now though.

There's certainly an arms race going on and the margins are growing. Start winning and we'll be okay is my guess. Old school domination from year to year, I truly feel those days will never return. We may make a run here and there, but I just don't see a viable way to remain at the top in this landscape.

I dont care where it is as long as they let people come watch it. Didn't they have it private Richts first 2 years?

Crowd size on a facility that literally is hundreds and hundreds of millions dollars has little bearing on what staff is needed.

Only if you're doing it wrong. Close off the upper bowl and club sections. There's over 25K seating in the lower deck alone, more than enough for our Spring game. Cutting off access makes the effective space of the facility smaller, allowing for a much smaller staff.

How much is a free recruiting / fan event worth? 150k? I don't think so, they don't either apparently.

On this part, we must agree to disagree. In the current arms race that is college football recruiting, even if it is $150K difference for the Spring game at HRS vs Traz, it's a drop in the bucket (some quick math, even assuming an additional 250 event staff @ $12/hr for 8 hours, that's only $24K). It helps recruiting, it helps acclimate players/coaches to the actual field they'll be playing on, and it's a better fan experience. If UM wants to be serious about competing in college football, then this is a no-brainer.

It could be worse Canes fans, Trailerhassee

Attachments

• 9E02D8AF-C2B8-4DA5-80A1-2EBF783E9302.gif
    9E02D8AF-C2B8-4DA5-80A1-2EBF783E9302.gif
    750.6 KB · Views: 1
Advertisement
Back