Spring Camp Breakdown

The bad from the roster:

Terry only 210.

Dortch only 170. (Still an improvement from where he came in)

last year dotch weighed about 150.. so that is a good improvement. Terry on the other hand is a big disappointment. Reports are that he didnt follow the off-season plan and take the nutrition seriously. I doubt he becomes a serious contributor.

Advertisement
Maybe "complaining" was a poor choice of words. Maybe I took the "not so patiently" line a little out of context. I don't know the kid personally. But if you do you tell him I said its time to strap it up and lets go to work! We need him to be a solid backup for us and this is his year. From all reports, EC is damaged good. And I refuse to believe that he can't be better then Danny Dillard based off what he did in HS at NFM. Once Corn and Gus get here I want him to have that number 2 spot locked down. Dont want to depend on TF in such an important year for the prgm. JMO.

no problem...Dallas is a born leader and hard worker,..and all Miami. Coaches love the kid..not sure he can surpass some guys in front of him but he is an asset to the team though a quiet one

The bad from the roster:

Terry only 210.

last year dotch weighed about 150.. so that is a good improvement. Terry on the other hand is a big disappointment. Reports are that he didnt follow the off-season plan and take the nutrition seriously. I doubt he becomes a serious contributor.

If I'm not mistaken, Terry came in less than 200 lbs. He probably should have redshirted buy he played a lot on special teams and was very productive. I think he blocked a punt against Va Tech. He may not become a star at Miami and a kid like Jermaine Grace may pass him up but I think he's a contributor.

The bad from the roster:

Terry only 210.

If I'm not mistaken, Terry came in less than 200 lbs. He probably should have redshirted buy he played a lot on special teams and was very productive. I think he blocked a punt against Va Tech. He may not become a star at Miami and a kid like Jermaine Grace may pass him up but I think he's a contributor.
IIRC, he wrestled at 180. So he probably came in around 190.

That'd make a good weight gain of 20 pounds.

Advertisement
for being the son of a coach Kacy Rodgers has some of the worst tackling form I've ever seen for a safety in college football as a whole - 100% the worst for a Cane. I know he was a CB in high school but even for a CB his technique is horrible. And I still like the kid, just needs to be working on them fundamentals.

Man, losing Paul and Johnson (I'm not counting on him) really hurts our LB depth. Going into last year, LB was so promising now it's kind of a question mark.

Love the weight gains of McCord and Hoilett. Briscoe too. I hope he steps up this year. I liked his tape a lot.

LB was a massive question mark going into the season last year. Perryman was the only proven difference maker.

Against all odds, I expect EJ to play next year. If so, we'll be fine at LB.

Interesting seeing Jake ODonnell listed as a TE. I guess he hasn't progressed enough at DE for the staffs likings. There were great reviews of him during his recruitment and camp performances. By fall, the most interesting positions to watch IMO is WR and DBs. I would assume by now, Dorsett and Hurns are penciled in. That leaves Scott, Waters, Lewis, Lockhart and redshirts Carter and Jones and incoming Coley and Griffin.... Wow that wild!! WR has very talented depth.

DB will be just as wild! With Finnie and McGee gone.. I would think Gunter and Howard are penciled in with Crawford playing Nickel. Hearing that Dortch is the real deal though and he will most likely play. I think we finally see the last of Rogers and Highsmith. Bush is clearly the best defender we have and Jenkins has some elite skills. They both have been seasoned and plus another spring and fall should only help them. Also can't wait to see Carter Burns and Lockley make noise in the secondary.

I meant to point Lockley out too! I know I heard one of the coaches say he'll start out at Safety, but Manny has him at TE :confused:

Anyhow, in looking at the secondary...six (6) cornerbacks, althoough a talented 6, just doesn't seem like a whole bunch going into the season (being mindful of injuries). Wondering if Dallas Crawford will get a crack at CB as well...

As far as Jake O'Donnell, he looked like a natural at TE (caught the ball well) in his HS highlights, and I heard he runs extremely well for a big guy... maybe it'll work out for him moreso than it did with Dye and Perry.

what coach said he was starting out at safety? i've always heard TE

Advertisement
for being the son of a coach Kacy Rodgers has some of the worst tackling form I've ever seen for a safety in college football as a whole - 100% the worst for a Cane. I know he was a CB in high school but even for a CB his technique is horrible. And I still like the kid, just needs to be working on them fundamentals.

takes horrible angles as well, the kid is like 215lb and looks like he is scared of contact which i wouldnt mind so much if he could actually cover anybody

Advertisement
Back