Spring Ball 2017: Coach Richt Mic'd Up

Advertisement
Rosier gone lead us. Just u watch.

I agree, unless Perry comes in with solid knowledge of the playbook and just lights it up. Honestly I wish an underclassman could separate and be the best so we know what we have next year, but if Rosier is the best then he should play. He looked pretty fast too in that run he had at the end of the WVU game, should be an interesting dynamic to add.

Don't be shocked to see musical QBs. I'll be surprised if the guy who wins the job holds it all season.

Doesn't matter who the QB is.

Artur "The Polish Hammer" Sitkowski isn't sitting and he's taking that spot next year. He is light years better then anyone on our roster now.

Good stuff.

Anyone else think that pass from Weldon was perfect and disagree it should be lower? For me personally a ball is harder to catch when it's at your pecs or below. Anyways, what would I know? I'm just a white collar dweeb and Richt as big-time college football coach.

If you're going to miss, miss low not high. Miss high on crossing pattern, guess what happens? Always try to go a little lower especially if your balls are coming up or have a tendency to sail.

Advertisement
Don't be shocked to see musical QBs. I'll be surprised if the guy who wins the job holds it all season.

I've thought about this being a possibility. I hope somebody snatches the job, but if there's inconsistency, this may just be what happens. Hope not though. Either way, win the cotdam coastal

Good stuff.

Anyone else think that pass from Weldon was perfect and disagree it should be lower? For me personally a ball is harder to catch when it's at your pecs or below. Anyways, what would I know? I'm just a white collar dweeb and Richt as big-time college football coach.
You always throw the Quick Slant at just under the eye level, it makes it easier to catch for the WR while in rhythm, you want him to catch it with his hands, not his body & also makes more it difficult to defend for the DB.

If you throw it a little lower at the chest level, it makes it easier for the CB to stick his hand in there & get a deflection.

Last edited:
Good stuff.

You always throw the Quick Slant at just under the eye level, it makes it easier to catch for the WR while in rhythm, you want him to catch it with his hands, not his body & also makes more it difficult to defend for the DB.

If you throw it a little lower at the chest level, it makes it easier for the CB to stick his hand in there & get a deflection.

So you're disagreeing with Rick?

I agree. Brown slipped up today and said none of the qbs have looked good and then switched it up saying everybody looks good in 7on7.

Advertisement
If Rosier or Shireffs gets the job, they'll be on a shorter leash than the facquits on here are on with their wives/gf's.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Looking forward to the QB pipeline we're starting to build with Richt here - he clearly knows how to teach the QBs and we'll be getting a top QB every recruiting cycle....

Might as well say it. CMR sounds like Bobby B. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Good stuff.

I've actually heard some coaches teaching the qb's to put in the chest to stomach range. Put the ball on the wr, since there's so much traffic in the middle of the field. That way it it keeps the ball from popping up in the air if the wr gets hit as the ball arrives. It also is pressed against you when the hit comes. Making it easier to hold on to. Not to mention it protects the wr's body since arms aren't raised.

When I was coming up it was always catch with your hands and the qb keep the ball eye level. But I do think using the chest to stomach range makes sense especially on underneath routes with traffic.

Any other time use hands.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good stuff.

I've actually heard some coaches teaching the qb's to put in the chest to stomach range. Put the ball on the wr, since there's so much traffic in the middle of the field. That way it it keeps the ball from popping up in the air if the wr gets hit as the ball arrives. It also is pressed against you when the hit comes. Making it easier to hold on to. Not to mention it protects the wr's body since arms aren't raised.

When I was coming up it was always catch with your hands and the qb keep the ball eye level. But I do think using the chest to stomach range makes sense especially on underneath routes with traffic.

Any other time use hands.
Both are correct

Advertisement
Good stuff.

No, that's not how you teach QBs to throw the slant. Always below the the face mask.

It's gonna be Perry mane

Better hope it's not Rosier or else we're ****ed

I agree that itll probably be Perry, however if Rosier had to step in, I think we'd be far from "****ed."

Rosier isnt a terrible QB by any means, I mean he did step in and light up Duke that one year, though it is just Duke.

I dont think Rosier would be the worst option.

Advertisement
Back