Spread moved to UM -6.5 today

Advertisement
what's the spread for the the Clemson ACC title game. Wait, it too early. Clemson might not make it.

I thought I read somewhere this thing opened at -10.5 earlier this week?

Either way, if it moved from -5 to -6.5 that's good news I guess.

Advertisement
I don’t think it ever opened it -10.5, I think somebody was quoting the Miami of Ohio game. I believe it opened at -6.5

There's really no difference with 5 and 6.5 except for the fact they're different numbers.

Advertisement
I don’t think it ever opened it -10.5, I think somebody was quoting the Miami of Ohio game. I believe it opened at -6.5

I checked the line in today's paper, and indeed it does say that the opening line was -10.5 and today it's at -6.5. I don't recall what service my local paper, Savannah Morning News, uses, but they always show the open vs. the current line.

FWIW, it got down to as low as -4 on Tuesday or Wednesday, was back to -5.5 yesterday, and of course -6.5 today. Not a gambler, myself, so I don't pretend to know what this all means. Just putting it out there for anyone who might find it useful.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I checked the line in today's paper, and indeed it does say that the opening line was -10.5 and today it's at -6.5. I don't recall what service my local paper, Savannah Morning News, uses, but they always show the open vs. the current line.

FWIW, it got down to as low as -4 on Tuesday or Wednesday, was back to -5.5 yesterday, and of course -6.5 today. Not a gambler, myself, so I don't pretend to know what this all means. Just putting it out there for anyone who might find it useful.

No book who accepts bets from people with more than two brain cells went to 4. Furthermore, those books never came close to 10.5. The highest was 7.5 from any book worth quoting. The 10.5 line came from the BetOnline opener which is not a good indication of the actual market. Those BetOnline opening lines have extremely small limits and are not a true indication of what the line should be. It is much better to use Pinnacle lines as a market indicator. Pinnacle has the current line at -6.5 (-107).

Advertisement

Guarantee you it opened up at +10.5 on at least one book but it didn't last. I try hitting the lines immediately on Bet Online (and also Sports Betting.ag) every Sunday around 4:00 and I specifically had this game on my radar. I did a ctrl+F search for Georgia Tech, not Miami.

No book who accepts bets from people with more than two brain cells went to 4. Furthermore, those books never came close to 10.5. The highest was 7.5 from any book worth quoting. The 10.5 line came from the BetOnline opener which is not a good indication of the actual market. Those BetOnline opening lines have extremely small limits and are not a true indication of what the line should be. It is much better to use Pinnacle lines as a market indicator. Pinnacle has the current line at -6.5 (-107).

This is a fair assessment. $500 limits on those opening lines usually.

This is a fair assessment. $500 limits on those opening lines usually.

fc399283a761efb2074a031ce8eedc59.jpg

6df819c39234e80df0c38334eb5ccd90.jpg

5ba353a29191864d53247be2fb87561c.jpg

Don't know much about gambling, but I know what I saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back