Sports Buzz: Richt demanding offense gets it right

I hope Richt is staying after practices to work on his playcalling.

Neg me all you want, but his playcalling is a big part of the problem.

We are not taking advantage of the field at all, and he needs to develop schemes to get Herndon and Njoku the ball in the MIDDLE of the field. You can even send Njoku deep, because he's fast enough to beat **** near anyone. It's **** near felonious to not use two NFL caliber TE's in the middle of the field and coming out of the backfield. Right now, we are only throwing to them in the flats. It's insane!

Advertisement

We are not taking advantage of the field at all, and he needs to develop schemes to get Herndon and Njoku the ball in the MIDDLE of the field. You can even send Njoku deep, because he's fast enough to beat **** near anyone. It's **** near felonious to not use two NFL caliber TE's in the middle of the field and coming out of the backfield. Right now, we are only throwing to them in the flats. It's insane!

we have seen it in practice

you're out of your ***ING mind if you think richt is this **** stupid

he is protecting this ghost, shell of a former qb go back and watch the fau game play by play if that is what it takes

Miami Hurricanes' Richt demanding offense gets it right | Miami Herald

• Despite losing to FSU, receiver Braxton Berrios points out: “We are right in the driver seat of the Coastal if we beat North Carolina. If not then we have a long road ahead of us and it will be other team’s jobs to lose it really. If we beat North Carolina then we are in the driver seat and as long as we do not lose we will be in the ACC Championship game.”

Berrios is a touch off the mark here...but good effort on the point he was trying to make...

Our Canes will be in the driver's only after Ws against UNC and VT...and will only remain in said seat so long as they run the ACCCD table and beat NC State...

So you're saying we will be in the driver's seat to win the coastal if we win the coastal?

he is protecting this ghost, shell of a former qb go back and watch the fau game play by play if that is what it takes

Man, the playcalling has been HORRIBLE, man. Stop making excuses for Richt

We look like a Marty Schottenheimer coached team; can't be more conservative. It was ridiculous.

3 straight runs into the teeth of the defense we we NEEDED a TD. That got us to 4th and 5 and took a GREAT throw and **** near better catch to covert the TD. I can understand the first down run, but we needed to throw on 2nd AND 3rd down. It was maddening to watch. I was stunned at the playcalling on that series, given the stakes at that point of the game.

We had a chance to put the game away and BURY FSU right before the half. Could've gone up 17-0. Instead, on 3rd and 6 Richt RUNS the ball after a TO. C'mon, man. What in the **** was that? Go for the first down there, and if we make it, we could've ran the clock out to either end the half with a TD or FG. Worst case, we go up 13-0 to end the half or we **** near end the game with a 17-0 lead going into the half. Either way, we would've had all the momentum

That was some of the worst playcalling I've seen in a big game, from an experienced coach. Richt ****ed me off to no end last Saturday. I'm still mad.

Last edited:

We look like a Marty Schottenheimer coached team; can't be more conservative. It was ridiculous.

3 straight runs into the teeth of the defense we we NEEDED a TD. That got us to 4th and 5 and took a GREAT throw and **** near better catch just to have a chance. We needed to throw on 2nd AND 3rd down. It was maddening to watch

We had a chance to put the game away and BURY FSU right before the half. Could've gone up 17-0. Instead, on 3rd and 6 Right RUNS the ball after a TO. C'mon, man. Go for the first down there, and if we make it, we could've ran the clock out to either end the half with a TD or FG.

That was some of the worst playcalling I've seen in a big game, from an experienced coach. Richt ****ed me off to no end last Saturday. I'm still mad.

walton busts it and guess what

the man is a saint

Advertisement

3 straight runs into the teeth of the defense we we NEEDED a TD. That got us to 4th and 5 and took a GREAT throw and **** near better catch just to have a chance. We needed to throw on 2nd AND 3rd down. It was maddening to watch

We had a chance to put the game away and BURY FSU right before the half. Could've gone up 17-0. Instead, on 3rd and 6 Right RUNS the ball after a TO. C'mon, man. Go for the first down there, and if we make it, we could've ran the clock out to either end the half with a TD or FG.

the man is a saint

C'mon, man. Walton DIDN'T bust it and in no way shape or form do you call three straight runs at that point in the game. No way. We needed a TD man! IF you call a run on first down, you for **** sure better throw on 2nd and 3rd and then 4th, if needed. 3 straight runs right into the teeth of a stubborn d-line was just crazy. You've got Njoku, Herndon, Coley and Richards on the squad ---all guys with great ball skills, yet three straight runs??

• Despite losing to FSU, receiver Braxton Berrios points out: “We are right in the driver seat of the Coastal if we beat North Carolina. If not then we have a long road ahead of us and it will be other team’s jobs to lose it really. If we beat North Carolina then we are in the driver seat and as long as we do not lose we will be in the ACC Championship game.”

Berrios is a touch off the mark here...but good effort on the point he was trying to make...

Our Canes will be in the driver's only after Ws against UNC and VT...and will only remain in said seat so long as they run the ACCCD table and beat NC State...

So you're saying we will be in the driver's seat to win the coastal if we win the coastal?

No...what I'm saying, given UNCs and VTs current and projected record(s)...

Miami WILL NOT be in driver's seat IF they beat UNC and then lose to VT. Again...based on today's record and projected...VT would be in coastal driver's seat IF Miami bets UNC and then they [VT] beat Miami...

Miami then places at risk the ACCCD lead IF they beat UNC and VT, but then lose to another ACCCD foe or NC State.

Porter read the Rick quotes and is wondering aloud within earshot of Blake James if that approach would violate the NCAA mandates on weekly practice hour limits.

I kid. (Hopefully).

Also, it's been said but major props to Mama Sam. And not because I or we reflexively want to side with Rick or the program but because her approach (even if in her heart of hearts she thinks her kid was too harshly dealt with) will serve Sam sooooo much better in the long run and at his next school than the parent that just automatically assumes the aggrieved party stance and screams to high heaven that this isn't fair and my kid is a saint.

No...what I'm saying, given UNCs and VTs current and projected record(s)...

Miami WILL NOT be in driver's seat IF they beat UNC and then lose to VT. Again...based on today's record and projected...VT would be in coastal driver's seat IF Miami bets UNC and then they [VT] beat Miami...

Miami then places at risk the ACCCD lead IF they beat UNC and VT, but then lose to another ACCCD foe or NC State.

We control our own destiny. I think that's all Berrios was trying to say.

Yall over-analyze everything.

Advertisement

UNC was the only one mentioned because that is the next opponent. Once we beat unc, you will hear " “We are right in the driver seat of the Coastal if we beat Virginia Tech."

Nothing more, nothing less

Playcall has been poor but execution and technique, which are at the player's level, is where we lost the game. Richt clearly felt we didn't have an advantage running the ball and was more pass-heavy, but the offensive disposition and execution have been inconsistent for while. That unit needs to have more focus and field leadership when it counts, the way the defense seems to. The interception and neutral zone infraction by Stacy in the red zone, and receivers dropping passes or falling down without being touched just kills it. The O-line was sloppy, which could account for some errors by Brad, but Richt could've had quicker reads by the time the 4th quarter rolled in..

tough loss, but one we needed to really get it together. I realized the O-line is thin on depth but, here's to the offense getting it together and simply playing right.

Last edited:

the man is a saint

C'mon, man. Walton DIDN'T bust it and in no way shape or form do you call three straight runs at that point in the game. No way. We needed a TD man! IF you call a run on first down, you for **** sure better throw on 2nd and 3rd and then 4th, if needed. 3 straight runs right into the teeth of a stubborn d-line was just crazy. You've got Njoku, Herndon, Coley and Richards on the squad ---all guys with great ball skills, yet three straight runs??

it just takes me back to that moment in inception the movie where dicaprio tells the guy to meet hit right back where the stuff started

reasoning? Who would expect it

Advertisement

3 straight runs into the teeth of the defense we we NEEDED a TD. That got us to 4th and 5 and took a GREAT throw and **** near better catch to covert the TD. I can understand the first down run, but we needed to throw on 2nd AND 3rd down. It was maddening to watch. I was stunned at the playcalling on that series, given the stakes at that point of the game.

We had a chance to put the game away and BURY FSU right before the half. Could've gone up 17-0. Instead, on 3rd and 6 Richt RUNS the ball after a TO. C'mon, man. What in the **** was that? Go for the first down there, and if we make it, we could've ran the clock out to either end the half with a TD or FG. Worst case, we go up 13-0 to end the half or we **** near end the game with a 17-0 lead going into the half. Either way, we would've had all the momentum

If kaaya doesnt throw that pick and we go up 20-3 nobody would be saying anything. Its on execution too not just richt

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back