Sports Buzz: Richt demanding offense gets it right

Redwine to safety! Quan in the box!

CONBBGMZSFMCRGC.20160712230546.jpg

Bob Marley?!

Advertisement
It's amazing how much digital reporting has changed everything. I watched basically most of these words being said in video format when @Peter Ariz uploaded his videos earlier today.

Don't know if you're being a sarcastic *** or serious. Either way it's funny.

Little of both. Tipping my cap to Pete's dominance of the reporting team we have down here. The guy takes videos, uploads them, and makes that article "old news."

Let me start by saying I love Pete and the information he brings to this board and Lu brings the best analysis (in my opinion) to the board, but that having been said...

- What's difference between him and anyone else (Matt Porter for example) posting post practice interviews?
- I rarely watch the videos as I usually don't have time (or more likely am lazy) to watch a whole interview; having someone provide the highlights is greatly appreciated and something that I actually will click on and read.

I respect and enjoy Pete's relationships that have allowed him to report on news (breaking the Al Golden firing and providing recruiting info) that is not available to any person who shows up to a UM practice. Pete is doing well, b/c he has relationships, not b/c he was the first to post a video of an interview that any of the 20 people who were are practice could do as well.

Now if the grip is b/c Barry is making it seem like this is some kind of 'insider info', then that is fair game to comment on, but then the angle should be that Barry is trying to make common knowledge seem like his own as opposed to praising Pete for being the first to upload common knowledge.

I'm a big fan of Barry's. His reporting isn't perfect, but if you're a Miami sports fan and don't have time to sift through dozens of sources, his blog is basically required reading. Dude does an awesome job of consolidating information about all the local teams. His Canes reporting on Sports Buzz easily kills the Herald's ****** Eye on the U blog, which has totally gone to crap since Manny stopped running it.

I understand that others may post more in-depth Canes information sooner (such as full interviews), but most people really don't have the time to consume all of that. It may not be anything grounbreaking, but Barry does a fantastic job of breaking down the key info and delivering it in an easily-consumed package.

Could this be bc of a possible position switch for him next year? What's our projected DB lineup anyways?

It's as simple as the writer fcked up. He took Jaquan's interview and mistakenly attributed it to Redwine. Redwine never said that stuff. Jaquan did.

Advertisement
It's amazing how much digital reporting has changed everything. I watched basically most of these words being said in video format when @Peter Ariz uploaded his videos earlier today.

Don't know if you're being a sarcastic *** or serious. Either way it's funny.

Little of both. Tipping my cap to Pete's dominance of the reporting team we have down here. The guy takes videos, uploads them, and makes that article "old news."

Let me start by saying I love Pete and the information he brings to this board and Lu brings the best analysis (in my opinion) to the board, but that having been said...

- What's difference between him and anyone else (Matt Porter for example) posting post practice interviews?

It's not that big of a deal. As I noted, I was f'in around. I was serious on one aspect: it's interesting that Pete's videos make the article that came out old news. I used to look forward to those "buzz" articles to find Hurricane info. Now, by the time they've come out, I've already seen the actual video interview or will just watch the video instead.

Gotta applaud Sam Bruce's mother, Ms. Wilkerson. It's obvious she truly cares for her son, and I'm glad she wouldn't allow him to blame the "U" for his suspension. Hope he learns from this and bounces back strong. Talented dude, just young. Need more parents like her! Tru Cane!! 🙌🏿
This is actually pretty nuts. When was the last time you heard anybody saying that a person they liked let alone loved messed up and would have to take their medicine? And people keep joking about missing rehab, but what's a better sign that you want to get your *** on the field than going to rehab? Kid dint show that he wanted to be here and help the team. It's too bad that he got the boot, but he probably would have kept fecking around if Richt had let him stay.

Gotta applaud Sam Bruce's mother, Ms. Wilkerson. It's obvious she truly cares for her son, and I'm glad she wouldn't allow him to blame the "U" for his suspension. Hope he learns from this and bounces back strong. Talented dude, just young. Need more parents like her! Tru Cane!! 
This is actually pretty nuts. When was the last time you heard anybody saying that a person they liked let alone loved messed up and would have to take their medicine? And people keep joking about missing rehab, but what's a better sign that you want to get your *** on the field than going to rehab? Kid dint show that he wanted to be here and help the team. It's too bad that he got the boot, but he probably would have kept fecking around if Richt had let him stay.

Something tells me she's had similar conversations with him, and he didn't listen. Maybe he will now. Maybe not.

Advertisement
It's funny how Coach Diaz and Coach Kool didn't have to DEMAND their players stay over till they got it right.

Could this be bc of a possible position switch for him next year? What's our projected DB lineup anyways?

I imagine Bandy and Redwine would be our starting corners, less Redwine swithces to S full time. Anyway were gonna have a very young secondary next year

Gotta applaud Sam Bruce's mother, Ms. Wilkerson. It's obvious she truly cares for her son, and I'm glad she wouldn't allow him to blame the "U" for his suspension. Hope he learns from this and bounces back strong. Talented dude, just young. Need more parents like her! Tru Cane!! 

Something tells me she's had similar conversations with him, and he didn't listen. Maybe he will now. Maybe not.

Missing rehab was just plain dumb, skip that and you have a chance of never walking right again

Gotta applaud Sam Bruce's mother, Ms. Wilkerson. It's obvious she truly cares for her son, and I'm glad she wouldn't allow him to blame the "U" for his suspension. Hope he learns from this and bounces back strong. Talented dude, just young. Need more parents like her! Tru Cane!! 🙌🏿

She's the reason the kid will have a fighting chance moving forward. Made no excuses for him and will make him take ownership of his mistakes.

Advertisement
Glad to hear Bruce's Mom is holding him accountable. She didn't pull what Aldarius Johnson's Mom did and blame the university.

As for Richt, it's nice having a coach demand more out of these players. He knows another performance like the last one is unacceptable. We better see a more focused effort offensively or we're going to drop another one.

Gotta applaud Sam Bruce's mother, Ms. Wilkerson. It's obvious she truly cares for her son, and I'm glad she wouldn't allow him to blame the "U" for his suspension. Hope he learns from this and bounces back strong. Talented dude, just young. Need more parents like her! Tru Cane!!

I get the feeling that Bruce might be back on the team next season ... thanks to his mom.

Advertisement
Gotta applaud Sam Bruce's mother, Ms. Wilkerson. It's obvious she truly cares for her son, and I'm glad she wouldn't allow him to blame the "U" for his suspension. Hope he learns from this and bounces back strong. Talented dude, just young. Need more parents like her! Tru Cane!! ����

I get the feeling that Bruce might be back on the team next season ... thanks to his mom.
I highly doubt that, but if he can convince Richt he's going to work I'd be all for it.

Miami Hurricanes' Richt demanding offense gets it right | Miami Herald

• Despite losing to FSU, receiver Braxton Berrios points out: “We are right in the driver seat of the Coastal if we beat North Carolina. If not then we have a long road ahead of us and it will be other team’s jobs to lose it really. If we beat North Carolina then we are in the driver seat and as long as we do not lose we will be in the ACC Championship game.”

Berrios is a touch off the mark here...but good effort on the point he was trying to make...

Our Canes will be in the driver's only after Ws against UNC and VT...and will only remain in said seat so long as they run the ACCCD table and beat NC State...

It would be cool if our receivers could actually catch a pass this weekend

Official bagman of the WEZ

This. When Kayaa does throw his passes on the money, there seems to be a 50/50 chance that it actually gets caught.

Berrios, Richards, Dobard, Coley all had drops. Can't remember if Malcolm did too.

Advertisement
Back