SPORTS BUZZ PART II TODAY

Advertisement
After Going 6-7 Why the **** WOULD THIS BE YOUR MESSAGE TO A RECRUIT:

### The topic: Golden told Ferman: “The message to recruits is, 'We've done this without you. Imagine what we can be with you.' We need this next group to continue to come in and compete and raise the level of play."

I don't understand why it takes him so long to make a move and why after NSD...when you need to close strong...This guy is foolish

Way to throw the current players under the bus. sheesh
How is that throwing anyone under the bus? You always sell recruits on the idea that they are so good that they will improve the quality of the team. Every coach in America does that.

Here's one for you:

"It was a huge undertaking over a three-year period to go from 90th in total defense to 15th. This year will mark the first time in the last three seasons that we will have someone in the front seven drafted."

-sounds like he just didn't have any talent in that front seven...hence the uphill battle to go from 90th to "15th"

I give Barry Jackson credit for being the first writer I have seen to mention all of the criticisms that are repeatedly posted on here, but I would still like to see a reporter press Golden with the comments Jackson made in response to all of Golden's statements.

Barry is the best of a very bad bunch. Any one who would do that will not be allowed within 100 feet of Golden.

In some telling comments, Golden told Ferman: “In recruiting, fans lose their minds about who you don't get. But recruiting is, and always will be, about who you do get. We can't take every player from South Florida. We don't have enough spots. Two years ago we did an extensive study on recruiting in the state. That year I believe Florida yielded 373 Division I players. So if you figure we take 20 per year, that leaves a lot of Division I talent attending other schools around the state and country.

They did a frigging study? They should have done a study on our old defenses. What the **** was the study for? Was there some doubt that Florida produces enough D1 players for a dozen schools. The man spends his time and our money on defending the latest criticism instead of fixing flaws in his system. He should retire so he can spend more time on defending himself.

Advertisement
I'm just tired of all the vague responses to direct questions. I understand you might not want to tip of your opponents on things, but actually answer some **** questions.

Sorry to be that guy, but it is your screen name...

...it's copacetic

It's irritating me that Jackson posed almost every issue in term of "Golden said x, but that may not be enough for fans." Clearly, Barry, you are capable of forming thoughts of your own. Do YOU think this is good enough? Man up.

I was just wondering, do anyone know if with the renovations to No Life, will the coaches on the sideline be within throwing distance of the closest seats? You know for flowers and such.

If the conceptual drawings are accurate, it looks like the seats will be 10-15 yards closer to the field.

Advertisement
Problem with Al is he has never won on the coaching level. Most Coaches become coordinators after this many years of failure. AL Gorlden knows words, not football. He could learn from Belicheck, Landry, and Shula and still revert to AL Grohs defense.

And just think, years ago it would have only cost $70-80 million to completely renovate the OB.

Did this mf'er just try to justify his failures recruiting FL talent and signing them based on some **** statistics of if we sign 20 that means X amount goes elsewhere and become successful? Well Folden if the good ones are going elsewhere and your stuck with bums what does that say about your player evaluations?

He's obviously convinced the Higher Ups that he deserves one more shot at his full five years. So that's what he's getting.

Advertisement
BTW Golden doesn't know that we see through his puzzy attempt to intimidated the reporters with these one on one. If he really was standing in there like he said he would have had a regular press conference. He chose to hide because these mofos will suck up to his nice rhetoric in a one on one setting. They need to start going back to him with the same words he says. So tired of that bich

But he is so brave.

He's inferring that player development is left up to chance or solely based on the efforts of the players. Quality coaching plays a role in that as well. When he complains about not having a front seven player drafted in 3 years, thats an indictment on himself and his coaching staff.

Advertisement
For once I would like one of these reporters to follow up with "coach that's the same thing you said last year, so again why will this year be any different"

After Going 6-7 Why the **** WOULD THIS BE YOUR MESSAGE TO A RECRUIT:

### The topic: Golden told Ferman: “The message to recruits is, 'We've done this without you. Imagine what we can be with you.' We need this next group to continue to come in and compete and raise the level of play."

I don't understand why it takes him so long to make a move and why after NSD...when you need to close strong...This guy is foolish

Nah, just a stubborn guy who has realized it's over but he ain't leaving with out getting paid first. He will never sniff a major job again, so he might as well get money he won't see again. Eventually he will get hired somewhere else but he won't see 2 mil maybe even 1 mil again.

So all in all why fire his buddy or other coaches? It won't help and why make enemies with them. Next year will be a disaster because I think we will improve. I am one that thinks our talent will be better next year. So it's scary to think that we may win 8 which will probably mean he sticks around longer. Our program is dead for the moment, the admin had a chance to capitalize the one thing he wasnt awful at and that was that his 2014 class was his best which was the exact opposite to what happened with RS. There is talent here but it will be waste just as this year the talent was wasted.

It's sad what has happened to our program.

...... Hey, it's not Donfrio's fault or his defense. The message here is: GOLDEN DOES NOT SEE A NEED TO CHANGE THE DEFENSE. HENCE THE REASON THE DC DID NOT MAKE THE TRIP. IT'S ALL ON THE HEAD CAOCH

I give Barry Jackson credit for being the first writer I have seen to mention all of the criticisms that are repeatedly posted on here, but I would still like to see a reporter press Golden with the comments Jackson made in response to all of Golden's statements.

Barry is the best of a very bad bunch. Any one who would do that will not be allowed within 100 feet of Golden.

Agreed. Tallest midget in the room. Jackson's occasional nuggets/opinions along with Vishnu's commentary and Pete's offerings here are basically all we get as far as anything resembling real coverage of the program. Maybe (and that's a decent size maybe) you can add Porter to the mix on occasion but that's about as frequent as Bruce Feldman, a guy living in LA that is a freakin' national writer, offers worthwhile Cane specific material. It's a joke. Almost as big a joke as the tagteam of a cat lady and the Cuban version of the The Feast drawing a salary.

Advertisement
Back