Sports Buzz 8/15/2014

I'm wondering if there's a way I can complement Fentress for giving good effort and working his *** off, and still point out that if he ever starts for us, it'll be an embarrassing ****arow on behalf of the coaching staff and their roster management.

:Fentress:

Tell us why it's embarrassing if he goes out there and does a good job and wins reps as an upperclassmens.

Advertisement
Fentress has the heart of a lion…I love this kid and if he plays i hope he represents well!

I'm wondering if there's a way I can complement Fentress for giving good effort and working his *** off, and still point out that if he ever starts for us, it'll be an embarrassing ****arow on behalf of the coaching staff and their roster management.

Tell us why it's embarrassing if he goes out there and does a good job and wins reps as an upperclassmens.

I think it's funny. Every time you see Fentress his aggressiveness and athleticism jump off the screen. All the fans ***** about is a lack of aggressiveness and athleticism particularly on defense. What's the ******* problem?

I think it's funny. Every time you see Fentress his aggressiveness and athleticism jump off the screen. All the fans ***** about is a lack of aggressiveness and athleticism particularly on defense. What's the ******* problem?

Problem is everyone is brainwashed with the 5 start mentality. In today's dopey football world, walk on automatically means bum even if the guy is very obviously fast, explosive and fearless like Fentress. Fentress is a small guy, but there have been plenty of small guys who have excelled at the college level.

Every once in awhile a basically unrecruited or overlooked guy will develop. We were just talking about Bob Sanders yesterday as a prime example.

Advertisement
### Prized five-star recruit Chad Thomas, who’s backing up Anthony Chickillo, said he hoped to start as a freshman, and still does. But what if he only ends up playing on third down?
“That would be a blessing just playing on third down," he answered. "I would like to get in more plays but I’ve got to wait my turn. I’m acting like a starter even though I’m not.”
Al Golden said he’s still in the mix for first and second down reps, besides an expected role on third down.
Since leaving Booker T. Washington, Thomas has gained 20 pounds and is now 260. “I’m way faster than high school. I have more power than I had in high school. I’m moving at a faster pace.”
Thomas said he’s comfortable when UM shifts him from end to tackle. “My whole senior year of high school, I played tackle. I know how to rush against a guard or center…. It’s been a great learning experience, competing against the older guys with the second team.”
One lesson he has learned: “Don’t use my high school tendencies. Don’t use the same moves. I’ve got to rely on more moves.”

WTF???

If Fentress was prototypical linebacker height he'd be a possible 1st team All-ACC player. He made plays in space all over the place during the 1st scrimmage and really produced a loud pop on all of his hits. The only issue is on run plays at his height he gets swallowed up at times which is why I hope other guys around him at LB step up. But I am a big fan of Fentress on special teams!

Wasn't he at safety last year?? Swear he got moved to safety and got some burn there last year.

If Fentress was prototypical linebacker height he'd be a possible 1st team All-ACC player. He made plays in space all over the place during the 1st scrimmage and really produced a loud pop on all of his hits. The only issue is on run plays at his height he gets swallowed up at times which is why I hope other guys around him at LB step up. But I am a big fan of Fentress on special teams!

There's no doubt from anyone the dudes a natural football player, if not for stature he'd be a stud.

Advertisement
### Prized five-star recruit Chad Thomas, who’s backing up Anthony Chickillo, said he hoped to start as a freshman, and still does. But what if he only ends up playing on third down?
“That would be a blessing just playing on third down," he answered. "I would like to get in more plays but I’ve got to wait my turn. I’m acting like a starter even though I’m not.”
Al Golden said he’s still in the mix for first and second down reps, besides an expected role on third down.
Since leaving Booker T. Washington, Thomas has gained 20 pounds and is now 260. “I’m way faster than high school. I have more power than I had in high school. I’m moving at a faster pace.”
Thomas said he’s comfortable when UM shifts him from end to tackle. “My whole senior year of high school, I played tackle. I know how to rush against a guard or center…. It’s been a great learning experience, competing against the older guys with the second team.”
One lesson he has learned: “Don’t use my high school tendencies. Don’t use the same moves. I’ve got to rely on more moves.”

WTF???

I don't understand the problem?

On 3rd down we can go McCord, Thomas, Kamalu, AQM. I don't see a problem with getting your best pass rushers in the field at the same time

Question marks at DT/NT is not good --- I hope Dallas truly is a safety - reminds me when Sam Shields got moved to Corner - yes, he became a pretty good NFL player but many of us remember he had a rough first year at corner and was good for at least 2 blown coverages a game.

WTF???

On 3rd down we can go McCord, Thomas, Kamalu, AQM. I don't see a problem with getting your best pass rushers in the field at the same time

You are talking a true freshman going against more senior linemen. This isn't high school ball where it didn't really matter where he lined up. They are doing the same stupid crap that has limited chicks production. If I saw that light *** front line, I'd call a draw play.

Advertisement
Our D is going to be good this year

42bfdee8c2188ac47e940eaee0688757f1dc46ab3f90e1e51bf7911e5eca8635.jpg

WTF???

You are talking a true freshman going against more senior linemen. This isn't high school ball where it didn't really matter where he lined up. They are doing the same stupid crap that has limited chicks production. If I saw that light *** front line, I'd call a draw play.

U clearly didn't watch the interview. The reporter asked him how he felt about moving inside on 3rd down passing situations. I think it's a pretty good idea. Context is the key here my man

WTF???

I'm confused, so you don't want him to play bc the OL is older then him? Or you would rather bench McCord or AQM on 3rd downs and get a slower guy on the field?

Anyone *****ing about getting Thomas on the field for 3rd downs is doing it just to *****.

Advertisement

WTF???

U clearly didn't watch the interview. The reporter asked him how he felt about moving inside on 3rd down passing situations. I think it's a pretty good idea. Context is the key here my man

No, just read the article from the herald. Better O-line's would handle this well. Lighter/faster across the front with what we run, and this is key, I don't see that being successful. We can't even get penetration with our true DT's.

WTF???

Of course it is. He's a 260 pound frosh who's strong and athletic. He's only going to get bigger and he still should have a huge speed advantage on the guards. Getting McCord, AQM, and Thomas on the field at the same time on 3rd and long has to be a priority.

WTF???

I'm confused, so you don't want him to play bc the OL is older then him? Or you would rather bench McCord or AQM on 3rd downs and get a slower guy on the field?

Anyone *****ing about getting Thomas on the field for 3rd downs is doing it just to *****.

LOL, you are being intentionally obtuse. This D staff hasn't shown anything as far as attacking D and now you think after 3 years they are going to get clever with going light and fast on 3rd down passing situations? I know Thomas is gifted, but his comments stating that he played tackle in high school isn't the same as going against CFB o-lines.

WTF???

Anyone ****ing about getting Thomas on the field for 3rd downs is doing it just to ****.

LOL, you are being intentionally obtuse. This D staff hasn't shown anything as far as attacking D and now you think after 3 years they are going to get clever with going light and fast on 3rd down passing situations? I know Thomas is gifted, but his comments stating that he played tackle in high school isn't the same as going against CFB o-lines.

They have tho lol AQM and McCord with chick inside

Advertisement
Back