Sparq Results

Advertisement
Strowbridge is not really a pass rusher. That time looks about right considering he's a junior being laser-timed. I'm surprised he's not heavier, though.

Strowbridge is not really a pass rusher. That time looks about right considering he's a junior being laser-timed. I'm surprised he's not heavier, though.

you're right. He's not fleetest of foot, certainly, but yeah, at 224 pounds? I wouldn't blink at that 4.9 time if he was in the 250+ range. FWIW, he is underwhelming as a player.

You guys put too much stock in the 40.

I've had guys on the opposite sides of both spectrums...

Kids who could blaze but couldn't play ball, and kids who ran mediocre 40's but were the fastest person on the field when you watched the tape.

"Eye in the sky don't lie." What's he run on tape?

With all of these test scores, take with the proper amount of salt. Training, field conditions, etc. all play a role. Put much more stock in the tape...trust your eyes.

Remember when Herb Waters clocked in at 4.71? And then he showed up on campus and has been running away from people since...

Advertisement
With all of these test scores, take with the proper amount of salt. Training, field conditions, etc. all play a role. Put much more stock in the tape...trust your eyes.

Remember when Herb Waters clocked in at 4.71? And then he showed up on campus and has been running away from people since...

Herb Waters ran train on kids at the Opening when he went. I couldnt believe he was a 3 star. You could just see he was going to be a good one...

Kids who could blaze but couldn't play ball, and kids who ran mediocre 40's but were the fastest person on the field when you watched the tape.

****. That second line didn't make any sense, did it? LOL

Oh well, yall get what I mean.

****. That second line didn't make any sense, did it? LOL

Oh well, yall get what I mean.

most of the time, yes. Aldarius looked like the second coming of Andre on his Junior film.... but, "glue hands" couldn't separate from the slowest corners when he got into college though.

Based on what you're saying and the Alabama offer, I am guessing he is headed for the Chickillo role...gonna have to put a lot of weight on. Can see it now...will be a high 3 / low 4, redshirt, and then be vilified by fans when he hasn't produced after 2 years.

Advertisement
Butch Davis was a forty time *****. Forty times are a good gauge of a players pure athleticism, and Butch always recruited athleticism, frame, and potential.

40 times are not definitive factor, but it's something that catches your eye if something isn't right. A guy that's 6'4", 224 running in the 5's at the 40 is concerning, regardless of position.

Advertisement
All over the country there's guys who run 4.4's but can't play ball worth a lick.

Now I'm not saying 40's don't matter but more often than not a college coach is gonna trust his eyes and what he sees on film.

Advertisement
Back